luggage ?

Croozer101

what can you take ? 1 suitcase , backpack and a camera case? How many carryons ?

I think the only real requirement is that it can fit in your room haha!!! But seriously as for carry ons, it should not matter as long as it can fit through the xray machine...

What do you do with your carryons if you get on the ship and then back off? If you do not want to wait untill your room is ready, Do you have to take them with you ?

For me it really depends what is in the bags, I have gone down to my room when it was not ready and asked the steward if I can just leave it in there assuming it was just clothes and nothing important... Electronics and stuff are not really safe during the initial cleaning time imo, since the stewards are in and out of rooms and usually many doors are just left wide open!

What do you do with your carryons if you get on the ship and then back off? If you do not want to wait untill your room is ready, Do you have to take them with you ?

Yes, Take them with you OR buy FTTF and go direct to room with no worries...:)

For me it really depends what is in the bags, I have gone down to my room when it was not ready and asked the steward if I can just leave it in there assuming it was just clothes and nothing important... Electronics and stuff are not really safe during the initial cleaning time imo, since the stewards are in and out of rooms and usually many doors are just left wide open!

Will they just let you go to your room? This is our first cruise. From what I understand FFTF is not available on this cruise because the departure time is 10pm.

No the stewards are busy trying to get all rooms ready. You are not allowed to go to your room until around 1:30. Usually the fire doors to the hallways are closed. Some folks will tell you to just open them and take your stuff to your room. I would never leave anything in my room until I can lock it. Doors are left open while cleaning. I will not do that.

Unless you have FTTF -then you can go straight to your room and it's supposed to be ready.

It's very difficult to get off the ship on turn around day if you are a just arriving passenger. Generally most departure terminals will only allow arriving passengers to board then they must stay on the ship till it returns after it's cruise. In fact there are some terminals once you go through the check in process you can not even leave the terminal building. If you want to go sightseeing before checking in you can drop off your checked luggage with the longshoremen or stevedores, maybe even park your car in the port lot, but you would have to either leave your carry-on luggage in the car or take it with you.

Archived