Can we get to airport on time?

Can anyone tell me how disembarking the Allure in Ft Lauderdale is going recently? We had made our flights sometime ago and our return flight is at 11:15am. Will we have a problem with delays? Plan to do the express walk off so hope that helps. We leave April 28th.

Can anyone tell me how disembarking the Allure in Ft Lauderdale is going recently? We had made our flights sometime ago and our return flight is at 11:15am. Will we have a problem with delays? Plan to do the express walk off so hope that helps. We leave April 28th.

There have been some reports of delayed disembarkation that seem to be related to the issues with the "sequester". If you cannot change your flights opt for the self walk off and be prepared to go as early as they will allow. I would ask at guest relations what time they usually start self walk off and be there at least 15 minutes before that. Good luck.

Also read some reviews from recent cruises out of Ft Lauderdale to see if they mention issues with disembarkation.

Do the walk off at 6:15. Sooooo darn easy. Leaving the ship...turn left . TONS AND TONS of taxis waiting to take you to the airport. 10 minute ride $14. Soooo easy. I love cruising out of this port.

Unfortunately, it is still too early to know how disembarking will be for your cruise. All reports I have seen recently have said that disembarking has been delayed and slow.

Normally, you would be able to make that flight but with the sequester looming, no one really knows.

Stick with your Express self disembarkation plan. Get up early and line up early....that way you will be one of the first at customs. Even if customs is understaffed, being early, odds are you likely will get through in time to make your FLL flight.

We just did the Allure on 3/3 and yes the sequester did delay our disembarking. Our group number was supposed to be off at 8:15am and it was closer to 10:00. Once off and through customs we were at the airport by 10:30, we were up having breakfast and the people who did the express walk off had no problems. We were told the delay was due to the lack of customs agents and once the bigger crowds started disembarking back-ups occurred followed by periods of the gang way being shut down. If you have an early flight the express should work out fine for your 11:15am flight.

Archived