Balcony sleeping arrangements

tawaik

My sister and I booked a cruise for 9/2 and I'm concerned about the sleeping arrangements. We chose a cabin with a balcony since were both smokers and thought it would be good idea to have a place to light up since most areas are smoke free. From what I viewed on Youtube here

it does not appear that the bed can be separted due to the small space. The cabin does have a pull out bed and both opt to sleep in an actual bed not a over-sized thick matters! I'm at stage with my payments that can I change the room to a port hole so we have separate beds or just stay with the balcony. Opinions wanted from seasoned cruisers

The regular balcony rooms are two twins that can be separate or pushed together. If they aren't the way you want them when the cabin is ready, just inform the steward and it will be fixed by the time the cabin is turned down for the evening.

My sister and I booked a cruise for 9/2 and I'm concerned about the sleeping arrangements. We chose a cabin with a balcony since were both smokers and thought it would be good idea to have a place to light up since most areas are smoke free. From what I viewed on Youtube here
it does not appear that the bed can be separted due to the small space. The cabin does have a pull out bed and both opt to sleep in an actual bed not a over-sized thick matters! I'm at stage with my payments that can I change the room to a port hole so we have separate beds or just stay with the balcony. Opinions wanted from seasoned cruisers

All balconys on ncl I've cruised on the beds separate into two large twins. There is more space than you think to do this.

I haven't sailed on NCL yet, but been doing a lot of research on the balcony rooms myself. The video you showed from the Sky looks like there is plenty more room to have twins then this one from the Pearl I found

which has the beds set as twins. If it was me, I would keep the balcony and just crawl in and out of the twin by the bathroom wall if need be.

When you watch the video that you posted, pay close attention to that little tiny bedside table. It's to the right of the queen bed, and appears at 1:44 into the video. What happens is, they split that queen in half, and put that little nightstand table between them. Voila.... two twin beds. Really close together!

If you look at the ships deck plans, you will see the "triangle" which may represent a queen rather then 2 twins in the cabin.

But while departing the ship, you see in storage more beds, so if the cabin has a queen bed, NCL can replace it with two twins. :)

If you look at the ships deck plans, you will see the "triangle" which may represent a queen rather then 2 twins in the cabin.

But while departing the ship, you see in storage more beds, so if the cabin has a queen bed, NCL can replace it with two twins. :)

I'm not doubting that NCL has extra beds in storage. However, I have never heard of them replacing a bed upon request. I would think that the extra beds are available for emergency replacement purposes. But what do I know? Have you actually had a bed replaced on request? Or do you know someone who has? I hate to sound like the Grand Inquisitor; I'm just trying to figure out whether your statement is factual or supposition.

I was hoping for these answers to my question. Thanks to you all for your input it is much appreciated:)

When you watch the video that you posted, pay close attention to that little tiny bedside table. It's to the right of the queen bed, and appears at 1:44 into the video. What happens is, they split that queen in half, and put that little nightstand table between them. Voila.... two twin beds. Really close together!

All balconys on ncl I've cruised on the beds separate into two large twins. There is more space than you think to do this.

To be more correct the queen bed is represented by a diamond.

A blank triangle represents a king bed, a solid triangle represents the cabin will hold 3 people.

I have not been on any cruise where the queen or king bed couldn't be separated into twin beds. Just ask who ever you booked your cruise through to make sure you get twin beds configured in the cabin when you depart.

I have not been on any cruise where the queen or king bed couldn't be separated into twin beds. Just ask who ever you booked your cruise through to make sure you get twin beds configured in the cabin when you depart.

In an earlier post, I pointed out that the Spirit does have some balcony cabins with queen beds that do not separate. Also, many of the Penthouse Suite cabins on NCL ships have queen beds that do not separate. Anyone booking a cabin should look closely at the deck plans and check out the specific cabins that they might book, looking for the diamond symbol (), which (as mom2tcdx2 posted) indicates a queen bed.

As a smoker and cruiser, I have always cruised Celebrity and they don't allow smoking on the balcony and threaten with a smoke cleaning fee. Obviously we ignored it and did smoke occassionally.At times people in adjorning balconies and complained

As a smoker and cruiser, I have always cruised Celebrity and they don't allow smoking on the balcony and threaten with a smoke cleaning fee. Obviously we ignored it and did smoke occassionally.At times people in adjorning balconies and complained

This thread and the OP question has nothing to do with smoking on a balcony. So your post is irrelevant. I am so glad you think you are above obeying the rules, you should be proud of yourselves. :eek:Go find another smoking thread to troll.

You're a heck of a guy

This thread and the OP question has nothing to do with smoking on a balcony. So your post is irrelevant. I am so glad you think you are above obeying the rules, you should be proud of yourselves. :eek:Go find another smoking thread to troll.

First, the original post stated they chose a balcony as they are smokers and wanted a place to "light up". Secondly, I did not say passengers complained about me and we smoked very rarely when we didn't hear anyone else outside. 20% of Americans still smoke and it is legal. The cruise lines have made it almost impossible to smoke anywhere. My wife and i don't drink alcohol but most on cruises do. I am tired of running into sloppy drunks on ships and in fact had 2 occassions when a drunk vomited on me in an elevator. However, alcohol is legal and i don't begrudge people drinking on ships. Cut us smokers a break, pick on obese people who eat too much or drunks who kill people when driving.

First, the original post stated they chose a balcony as they are smokers and wanted a place to "light up". Secondly, I did not say passengers complained about me and we smoked very rarely when we didn't hear anyone else outside. 20% of Americans still smoke and it is legal. The cruise lines have made it almost impossible to smoke anywhere. My wife and i don't drink alcohol but most on cruises do. I am tired of running into sloppy drunks on ships and in fact had 2 occassions when a drunk vomited on me in an elevator. However, alcohol is legal and i don't begrudge people drinking on ships. Cut us smokers a break, pick on obese people who eat too much or drunks who kill people when driving.

Perhaps none of us understood the last sentence of your original post; it sure looks like you are trying to say people did complain. Don't forget, it's in the context of you bragging that "obviously" you ignored the rules. For a lot of us who like Celebrity veranda staterooms because they are smoke-free, we get pretty annoyed that we have to smell the result of you ignoring the rules. You seem to think that if you can find others who are rude, it lets you off the hook.

None of us like sloppy drunks either. That doesn't make what you do right.

I am sure that your beds can be separated into twins. Just remember to request an ashtray for your balcony from your cabin steward so you aren't flicking the ashes over the rail. Have a great trip!

I am sure that your beds can be separated into twins. Just remember to request an ashtray for your balcony from your cabin steward so you aren't flicking the ashes over the rail. Have a great trip!

I always bring a cheap plastic ashtray for the balcony and then leave it there when I disembark. Ashtrays on the pool deck smoking area disappear quickly because people are always taking them for their balconys.

Again the OP asked a question only about bed configurations in a balcony cabin and mentioned she was a smoker in passing. You reply had nothing to add to her question, but you seem intent on making this another of the endless smoking threads on CC. You also seemed to gloat that you flaunt the no smoking rules on Celebrity. BTW you did say in your last sentence that people complained that you smoked on your balcony. If you have any thing non smoking related to help the OP's question, please do so, but take your smoking trolling to the endless supply of smoking threads in this forum.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

I always bring a cheap plastic ashtray for the balcony and then leave it there when I disembark. Ashtrays on the pool deck smoking area disappear quickly because people are always taking them for their balconys.

Thanks for the tip:)

If smoking is not allowed on the balcony we just go where we can light up. These days there are so many smoke free places and I do not have a problem with that all. Strange, but, when I stay in hotels I always book a non-smoking room out of respect for my hubby since he is a non-smoker. I just wait until I get outside.

Thanks for the tip:)

If smoking is not allowed on the balcony we just go where we can light up. These days there are so many smoke free places and I do not have a problem with that all. Strange, but, when I stay in hotels I always book a non-smoking room out of respect for my hubby since he is a non-smoker. I just wait until I get outside.

Don't worry, currently smoking IS allowed on the balconies.

Archived