Eggs on Room Service now?

DEBnGAB

I was on hold today (forever) with Carnival, calling to check on an itinerary change for my Oct cruise.

But, while on hold listening to the "bubbly" announcements "Did'ja know...." etc, one of the announcements said "Did'ja know room service is available 24-hours? So go ahead and order those midnight eggs".

Did they recently add eggs?

When we went on the Magic back in March of 2012 we took the Behind the Fun tour and went through the gallery. We were shown the area where all the food was stored. When I think of the amount of fresh eggs we saw I can't imagine them using powdered eggs.

Of course I could be wrong and usually I am so here's hoping you all get your fresh eggs.

When we went on the Magic back in March of 2012 we took the Behind the Fun tour and went through the gallery. We were shown the area where all the food was stored. When I think of the amount of fresh eggs we saw I can't imagine them using powdered eggs.

Of course I could be wrong and usually I am so here's hoping you all get your fresh eggs.

Even if you are right, someone will come along and make it a point to tell you otherwise :D. I enjoy both kinds of eggs so whatever they want to bring me to my room will be great.

First, Deb...hope you find out before October.:)

How AWESOME would that be?:D

I hope someone on here knows the answer....

And I hope they're not the buffet powdered, gross ones:mad:

Second, ladycruiser, did anyone in the galley confirm they used powdered eggs? I can see why many cruisers think so because the buffet scrambled can be runny, suggesting water, or rubbery, suggesting congelling. But then if anyone has ever seen large institutional preparation of scrambled fresh eggs, you'll know that they try to leave them runny so they don't harden on the buffet line, where they continue to cook and become congelled and rubbery and dont' taste like the scrambled eggs you get in a diner or at home where only 2 at a time are cooking. Just curious to know the real story, not the rumored story and not the story from umpteen years ago, when powdered eggs were used.

Not sure if it is the same for all lines but we were on HAL over New Years and I watched them make scrambled eggs on the griddle behind the buffet. They were pouring the "eggs" out of what looked like a milk carton. I'm not sure if they were real eggs or some sort of faux egg. I was impressed because like everyone else I thought they came from powder. I also thought what a crappy job to have cracking all those eggs for the buffet.

Alot of food service use eggs that are much like Egg Beaters - except they are whole eggs. That may have been what you saw.

Whether the buffet scrambled eggs are powdered, fresh or as I describe above, I don't like them at all.

Not sure if it is the same for all lines but we were on HAL over New Years and I watched them make scrambled eggs on the griddle behind the buffet. They were pouring the "eggs" out of what looked like a milk carton. I'm not sure if they were real eggs or some sort of faux egg. I was impressed because like everyone else I thought they came from powder. I also thought what a crappy job to have cracking all those eggs for the buffet.

Those may have been egg beaters or egg whites .

;)

Just got off the Pride yesterday and there are no eggs for room service. Same doorhanger breakfast menu and same regular Room Service menus. I made a point to look for the "eggs" that I also heard on the recording when I was on hold prior to my cruise, but no. No eggs. They really didn't "proof listen" to their "on hold" recordings. Crazy.

The scrambled eggs are NOT fresh eggs nor is the omelet mix although you can order fresh eggs there. I've been told by an officer in the buffet on pretty much every ship that I can't have them because they contain gluten. Fresh eggs have no gluten. It's processed food, a mix.

Buffet eggs...yuck. My family likes them. I go to the omelette station and have them make me two eggs over medium everyday. Sure way to get fresh eggs. :p

Same here! The scrambled eggs on the buffet taste terrible to me - not even remotely tolerable. It's worth the wait for two real eggs over medium!

Meredith

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

the scrambled eggs on the buffet were made from powdered eggs last time I heard.

Fresh room service breakfast on Carnival?

So doubt it.....ever...but, never say never, eh?

Carton Eggs: a city near me has a Cargill facility that makes egg products.

I have known several people who have worked there.

They get fresh cracked eggs in bulk....think milk truck.

They make tons of stuff, including eggs in cartons, whole, whites, yellows, or scrambled.

They also make whole and scrambled patties (Mcmuffin type)

Omelets, hard boiled eggs foot long tubes with yellow in the middle., etc...

Amazing all the stuff they make there. And yep, powder, too! Uck......

Archived