Blount Grande Mariner

Happy Cruiser

• 2 weeks later...

Can't give you information about that since no experience. Can tell you we sailed with Blount in 2011. Loved every minute of it. Have a trip booked with them later this year and can't wait. Great people who make you feel like family. Can only imagine it will be a great adventure for you.

• 4 weeks later...

Carolyn, sorry I've been away almost since your initial post and I don't know if you're following this any more but anyway, this is my 2 cents worth. I second everything Suitcaseful said but have a couple of cautions. First of all, the best thing about Blount is the people. The ship itself is tiny, and the creature comforts are somewhere between basic and spartan. The cabins are miniscule but well organized with a surprising amount of storage space. The Belize trip is heavily oriented towards swimming and snorkeling so if that's what you like you should expect a great experience. The Belize trip I did was in 2007 so some things may have changed, but you should expect to be accompanied by a great naturalist.

Roy

Thank you both. Yes, snorkeling is what we want to do. We just had a cruise that included the Great Barrier Reef. We were supposed to have two days at the reef. The weather interfered and we never got there. It was a major disappointment for us so I looked for a snorkel trip and came up with this one. I hear the Belize Reef is almost as good as the Great Barrier Reef.

• 2 weeks later...
Thank you both. Yes, snorkeling is what we want to do. We just had a cruise that included the Great Barrier Reef. We were supposed to have two days at the reef. The weather interfered and we never got there. It was a major disappointment for us so I looked for a snorkel trip and came up with this one. I hear the Belize Reef is almost as good as the Great Barrier Reef.

Sorry to read that you didn't get to visit the Great Barrier Reef on your cruise. Unfortunately, a lot of cruises visit in our cyclone season (Dec - April).

I hope you enjoy the Belize Reef, which I have heard is also wonderful.

Archived