Just returned from Shadow

Joc123

Older Party,

Sorry to disillusion you but I can't tell you how many average singers and actors are members of Actors Equity or have performed in national tours. Having been in the entertainment business for many years and sat through many a painful audition I speak from first hand experience. Still, not having heard the singers on the Shadow I won't speak to their talent.

I have travelled with four of the singers currently on the Shadow and to call them average is to be honest, pretty insulting of their talent.

If you do not like their style of singing or the shows, fair enough.

Bearing in mind the size of the ships and the facilities for staging shows, I think that they do an outstanding job.

And no, I do not work for Choozi.

Couldn't agree more wripro, However, from personal experience, I am the Treasurer of a summer stock theater; an avid opera fan and attender, and almost fanatic about musicals both in live performances as well as on tape or in movies: one can tell who is average and who is good. I would never demean older party's sense of what's good or not. I sit in every summer to listen to auditions, you couldn't be more right; they can be painful.

On the other hand there are hidden gems, you will never know when you will discover a Natalie Dessay singing Lucia in Paris as DW and I did 5 years ago. We now point ourselves towards her performances.

We are an Actor's Equity theater, my impression has been it makes things more expensive, not necessarily better, but you have the access to the good people who enjoy what we are trying to do.

Couldn't agree more wripro, However, from personal experience, I am the Treasurer of a summer stock theater; an avid opera fan and attender, and almost fanatic about musicals both in live performances as well as on tape or in movies: one can tell who is average and who is good. I would never demean older party's sense of what's good or not. I sit in every summer to listen to auditions, you couldn't be more right; they can be painful.

On the other hand there are hidden gems, you will never know when you will discover a Natalie Dessay singing Lucia in Paris as DW and I did 5 years ago. We now point ourselves towards her performances.

We are an Actor's Equity theater, my impression has been it makes things more expensive, not necessarily better, but you have the access to the good people who enjoy what we are trying to do.

I check in with their Facebook page having gotten to know some of them a year ago on the Cloud. Apparently, they must be doing something right as their guest ratings are in the 9's.

I check in with their Facebook page having gotten to know some of them a year ago on the Cloud. Apparently, they must be doing something right as their guest ratings are in the 9's.

Well, I'm surprised as SS consider customer feedback ratings as commercially sensitive and I presume this number has been provided by the act themselves as self-publicity and in all probability without SS's approval.

In any event, people are generally much more generous on critique sheets when rating identifiable individuals to their employers than they may think privately unless things are really dire.

Well, I'm surprised as SS consider customer feedback ratings as commercially sensitive and I presume this number has been provided by the act themselves as self-publicity and in all probability without SS's approval.

In any event, people are generally much more generous on critique sheets when rating identifiable individuals to their employers than they may think privately unless things are really dire.

I have worked in PR/Marketing for many many years and customer satisfaction comments always leans toward complaints, not accolades. Check out the Choozi Facebook page. I would assume Silversea reads this, as it public. Also, the Choozi website has a statement from the Entertainment Director regarding guest satisfaction.

I have worked in PR/Marketing for many many years and customer satisfaction comments always leans toward complaints, not accolades. Check out the Choozi Facebook page. I would assume Silversea reads this, as it public. Also, the Choozi website has a statement from the Entertainment Director regarding guest satisfaction.

I have no doubt that you think you do understand customer satisfaction expertly but that isn't supported by your comment that comments "always" lean towards complaints. Poorly designed programmes give poor results. SS's programme is - or at least was - expertly designed I promise you hence the reason I asked elsewhere about whether the current format has changed from an earlier one.

The reality is that being a performer on a cruise ship usually means they could not get a better job. Maybe that is due to average talent and maybe it is due to something else. But, cruise ship performers are usually not the cream of the crop singers.

Every star has to start somewhere!

Yes .... on someone else's cruise ..... :D

Personally - I have never been to the evening entertainment other than the safety drill that is ...... that is more than enough fun for me!

You may have missed my other question so forgive me just checking again. Understand if you cannot recall. Is the current feedback form on a scale of 1 to 10 or 1 to 5?

Many thanks.

Jeff

Yes .... on someone else's cruise ..... :D

Personally - I have never been to the evening entertainment other than the safety drill that is ...... that is more than enough fun for me!

You may have missed my other question so forgive me just checking again. Understand if you cannot recall. Is the current feedback form on a scale of 1 to 10 or 1 to 5?

Many thanks.

Jeff

Its 1 to 10.

Personally, I rarely make it to a show (have seen many, many in my lifetime) so the quality of the singers means little to me. I'd much rather have a chef of great quality than a singer.

Or even better ..... 6 great chefs rather than 6 average singers.

Actually ..... thinking about it I'd prefer 6 fresh lobsters to 6 average singers. Or 6 fresh razor clams. Oh ..ok....anything will do.:D

Hey All, Why do you assume these are only average singers and then make fun of them? As duct tape said stars start somewhere. Imo you are demeaning individuals trying to do their best to entertain you. Even if you don't consider them skilled many others may. I would point out I was on RSSC Voyager when the lead singer fell and banged her head during rehearsal, performed well that night, went to bed and never woke up. Her skill level imo is immaterial, her dedication to what she was doing is not.

UKCruiseJeff, I'm sorry but I have lost a lot of respect as I think of you as an educated and sophisticated individual, but ridicule is out of order.

Hey All, Why do you assume these are only average singers and then make fun of them? As duct tape said stars start somewhere. Imo you are demeaning individuals trying to do their best to entertain you. Even if you don't consider them skilled many others may. I would point out I was on RSSC Voyager when the lead singer fell and banged her head during rehearsal, performed well that night, went to bed and never woke up. Her skill level imo is immaterial, her dedication to what she was doing is not.

UKCruiseJeff, I'm sorry but I have lost a lot of respect as I think of you as an educated and sophisticated individual, but ridicule is out of order.

The entertainer on your RSSC sounds like a real stoic trouper. I have absolutely no idea what that has to do with this ..... but still. Well done that Lady!

I haven't ridiculed any person at all. I simply said that I would prefer a lobster to an average singer. Most people would. I don't understand how you think I can ridicule a performer I haven't personally observed. Perhaps you are unable to differentiate between a bit of affable buffoonery and the terrible slur you have hurled at me ie ridiculing someone I've not even seen. Sadly I'm not that sophisticated.:)

Anyway I am sorry you have withdrawn your respect from me. I'm just shocked and sad you didn't tell me I had it in the first place. It would have spurred me on. And to set the record straight I am totally uneducated (apart from a Doctorate in Marketing) as I as booted out of school at 16 - but went back in very late in life. I am however ...as you suggest a highly sophisticated individual.

I hope you conspire with me to make this place a little more fun and less morose and hope you send me back your respect soon. :D

Archived