Diamond Status Awaits!

Just got a mailer card from Royal Caribbean to let us know how close we are to Diamond Status, just four points! It tells us of all the benefits that Diamond status will give us, then it says to book a 7 night cruise or a 4-5 night cruise in a suite to to be eligible for these benefits, really, I need just four points:rolleyes:, although a five night cruise in a Suite sounds Sweet right now!:D:D:D

Anyone else gotten these lately?

Keith

The points (as you know) are applied after you complete the cruise, so D status would not result in the tier level benefits until the next cruise after the one that gets you to the D tier. However in the Grand Suites and higher there are benefits associated with the Concierge lounge, etc., that would provide some of the same perks as D, which would be available on your next cruise. So maybe that is what they mean. At double points through a JS or higher you would reach D in two days on the next cruise and if there is a kind Loyalty Ambassador on board they may allow you to enjoy the D status then - but I wouldn't count on that.

The points (as you know) are applied after you complete the cruise, so D status would not result in the tier level benefits until the next cruise after the one that gets you to the D tier. However in the Grand Suites and higher there are benefits associated with the Concierge lounge, etc., that would provide some of the same perks as D, which would be available on your next cruise. So maybe that is what they mean. At double points through a JS or higher you would reach D in two days on the next cruise and if there is a kind Loyalty Ambassador on board they may allow you to enjoy the D status then - but I wouldn't count on that.

I really didn't need any coaxing to take another cruise, especially to get out of this winter for awhile, I only wish a cruise ship was closer to me and flights weren't so dang expensive, the flights are more than the cruise!:eek:

Keith

I really didn't need any coaxing to take another cruise, especially to get out of this winter for awhile, I only wish a cruise ship was closer to me and flights weren't so dang expensive, the flights are more than the cruise!:eek:

Keith

Looks like something to AK would be your only closer option - and that would only be a warm weather cruise. I sympathize! At lease we have Balt / NY as options here and they offer year round cruises. Guess you could always move to FL......LOL.

We're 7 days short .. and that will be our Alaska cruise this July. Can't get anything done before that. So I'll be doing a diamond princess dance onboard, I guess!

Congrats!

Just got a mailer card from Royal Caribbean to let us know how close we are to Diamond Status, just four points! It tells us of all the benefits that Diamond status will give us, then it says to book a 7 night cruise or a 4-5 night cruise in a suite to to be eligible for these benefits, really, I need just four points:rolleyes:, although a five night cruise in a Suite sounds Sweet right now!:D:D:D

Anyone else gotten these lately?

Keith

No email for us yet and we're 2 points (cruise credits) away from D+...guess they aren't concerned as they know we're on the May 17th Alaska cruise and will finally cross that threshold then :D

are the drinks free in the diamond lounge, like they are in the concierge lounge?

Yes, they are. Tremendous perk. On my recent LOS cruise, they had 3 different beers to choose from - Heineken, Bud & Miller Lite.

There was a House Red, House White, Champagne. As well as various drinks (Vodka etc) to make cocktails.

Also, there were sodas. Coke, Coke Light, Sprite, not sure what else.

are the drinks free in the diamond lounge, like they are in the concierge lounge?

Yes they are (my favorite Mimosa's)...and actually the DL's on the Freedom class ships are much larger (including an outside patio area) and nicer than the CL's (small dark windowless rooms) on these ships....Oasis/Allure the CL's are the better deal.

Yes, they are. Tremendous perk. On my recent LOS cruise, they had 3 different beers to choose from - Heineken, Bud & Miller Lite.

There was a House Red, House White, Champagne. As well as various drinks (Vodka etc) to make cocktails.

Also, there were sodas. Coke, Coke Light, Sprite, not sure what else.

thank you for the reply.

Archived