help please what should HE wear

Just my opinion, but your dress is lovely, and if your husband wears just a shirt and tie, you won't "match" in dress formality. Could you get him to wear at least a sport coat? What would he wear to an important job interview? Not judging, but he needs to step up so he will compliment your great dress.

This is what I would say if he were my son -- and then my son would do whatever he wanted!

Margee;)

Your dress looks lovely. I like the color.

You don't say which cruise line but for some, gentlemen are not permitted into MDR on formal night without jacket and tie.

Others are less rigid.

we are doing carnival so it is some what relaxed, and as for a sport coat, that won't happen if I try to get him into a suit jacket we will be eating on the lido deck or room service. LOL

I am thinking light gray shirt and a tie that matches my dress, I think that might hopefully that will work

• 1 month later...

Well yesterday I sent back that beautiful dress, because I didn't think the him wearing just a dress shirt and tie would " match". what does he do today but decides to buy a suit jacket, ***** Gosh couldn't he have done it two days sooner LOL. Oh well guess I just have to go dress shopping again.

OOOOOOOOOOOh NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooo! That is a funny story!

You really do not have to match. Just wear what you feel good in. If you are planning to get photos taken it will look better if your husband wears a jacket, though, if you are wearing a gown. If you wear a cocktail dress, you'll look fine in the photos if he only wears a shirt and tie, IMHO.

Happy shopping and have a great cruise!:)

this is my dress but I can't figure out what my hubby should wear, he doesn't have a suit I will be lucky if I can get him to wear a long sleeve dress shirt and a tie, but can't figure out what color to buy for him any suggestions would be helpful.

056596841.jpg:confused:

I think it would just be common courtesy, that he would want to dress appropriately so you could enjoy your evening out. I may of missed it, what are your approx ages?

I think it would just be common courtesy, that he would want to dress appropriately so you could enjoy your evening out. I may of missed it, what are your approx ages?

I am 45 and my hubby is 50, the dress that is pictured on the first post is what I sent back 3 days ago, he decided to buy a suit jacket yesterday, LOL.. so now I have to go dress shopping again, poor me LOL

I am thinking of this one-0503_58930_mc_0283.jpg?wid=66&qlt=95&op_sharpen=1or this one0503_22659_mc_0076.jpg?wid=66&qlt=95&op_sharpen=1my husband has a black suit NOW and a beautiful shade of blue dress shirt that will match either of these dresses

I am 45 and my hubby is 50, the dress that is pictured on the first post is what I sent back 3 days ago, he decided to buy a suit jacket yesterday, LOL.. so now I have to go dress shopping again, poor me LOL

I am thinking of this one-0503_58930_mc_0283.jpg?wid=66&qlt=95&op_sharpen=1or this one0503_22659_mc_0076.jpg?wid=66&qlt=95&op_sharpen=1my husband has a black suit NOW and a beautiful shade of blue dress shirt that will match either of these dresses

I like the 2nd one in this post better but if I were you I would rebuy the dress you returned. :D

Mary Lou

if you happen to care I like the first dress you posted in your reply. I think at 45 the others will make you look older and the first just seems perkier. also, if I was wearing a black suit I would wear a white shirt and a nice silk tie to coordinate with your dress. not to be out of line.. but I use to interview a lot of guys in my prior life and you would not believe the guys that would show up perfectly dressed with shoes that looked like they just came in from the barn. I would rather see worn shoes shined nicely then expensive shoes not cared for. one other gripe was guys wearing button down oxford shirts with a suit.

if you happen to care I like the first dress you posted in your reply. I think at 45 the others will make you look older and the first just seems perkier. also, if I was wearing a black suit I would wear a white shirt and a nice silk tie to coordinate with your dress. not to be out of line.. but I use to interview a lot of guys in my prior life and you would not believe the guys that would show up perfectly dressed with shoes that looked like they just came in from the barn. I would rather see worn shoes shined nicely then expensive shoes not cared for. one other gripe was guys wearing button down oxford shirts with a suit.

which first one? the very first one with the straight plain skirt, or the one with the layers, as for him wearing a white shirt, I found a blue shirt that IMO he looks pretty darn handsome in. :rolleyes: but don't tell him I said that. but anyways the shirt will coordinate with either of the second dresses along with another shirt of mine that I am wearing another nite, so thanks again for your opinions

this one..

0503_58930_mc_0283.jpg?wid=66&qlt=95&op_sharpen=1

I know you favor the blue's but if your handsome husband is wearing black and if you are on the taller side this one caught my eye.

0503_00372_mm.jpg?wid=179&qlt=90&op_sharpen=1

Pretty dress but I am short 5'5" and I use a wheelchair for the most part. but can stand a little, the dress also is no sleeves- gotta have some kind of sleeve to camoflage my fat arms LOL and I really don't want to do black again. our last formal/semiformal pic I was in black, I am stuck on blues because of the beautiful shade of blue shirt that we have already purchased for him, yes he will be in black suit but the shirt makes all the difference. and I am leaning more to this one 0503_58930_mc_0283.jpg?wid=66&qlt=95&op_sharpen=1because of the length, when I am sitting in my chair it will be short enough that it won't drag on floor, thanks for all your advice

I vote for this lovely blue dress....it is so feminine and it looks like it would also be comfortable. Some silver shoes and evening bag would be perfect.. Also, I think it would be very easy to find a tie for your husband that would co-ordinate with the dress....:)

0503_58930_mc_0283.jpg?wid=271&hei=390&qlt=95&op_sharpen=1

What about something like this for your husband if you do that beautiful blue dress? Since he bought a suit, certainly go ahead and do a pocket square....Drew always wears one and they look so nice in the photos..just ties everything together in. Please let us ladies know if you decide on the blue dress!;):)

th?id=H.4833170656134163&w=187&h=183&c=7&rs=1&pid=1.7

Thanks for all your suggestions, I was going to buy this one:

0503_58930_mc_0283.jpg?wid=271&hei=390&qlt=95&op_sharpen=1UNTIL I tried it on, and it is longer than it looks, and the layers of the skirt part tend to try to snag on my wheels of my wheelchair. So I am just wearing some black flowy pants and blouse, with sequins that probably isn't entirely appropriate for MDR but I like it, it fits, and it doesn't drag or snag on my chair. Maybe one of these days that I can get out of my chair then I can buy me a dress that looks like and wear heels and dance the nite away but until then I will just dream of having a dress that looks like this.

Archived