Alternate dining availability impacted by shorter cruises?

Seafairer

I've been thinking about some recent, understandably disappointed reports of difficulty in securing reservations in Silversea's alternate dining venues, particularly La Terrazza, because they were fully booked. La Terrazza is a fairly small space with a high concentration of attention and service, so seating is limited. At one time, passengers were limited to 2 or 3 Terrazza reservations to allow everyone the opportunity to enjoy this venue, and it was never a problem. Same-day reservations were often possible.

But those were the days of longer cruises of 10, 12 days or more. Now that so many cruises are only 7 days or less, it's entirely possible that these small venues simply can't accommodate everyone who wants to dine there. With the same number of passengers sailing on just a handful of nights, it stands to reason that some will, indeed, be left out. Does this make sense? Do you think it accounts - at least in part - for the difficulty of getting a reservation?

Does this make sense? Do you think it accounts - at least in part - for the difficulty of getting a reservation?
Makes sense to me and could in part cause a difficulty in securing a reservation.

I know our particular 10-day voyage this June was broken into two separate short-segment voyages after we had paid. So, if passengers who board the 10-day voyage make their reservations for the latter short-segment voyage, then I'd think the likelihood of some of those 4-day passengers not getting to enjoy La Terrazza or Le Champagne at all is higher.

Our cruise was 7 days and as stated in my reveiw, by the end of muster, Le Champagne was fully booked for the week. We did try again, but we were not successful. I find it strange that something that is so heavily advertised and is supposed to set SS apart from the rest, is not available for ALL who may want to try at least once. You may not want to use the spa, gym or pool, but they are available if you do. We paid our money just like everyone else on board, but we were excluded from one of the facilities. I don't think that is right. I really think m/ment should look at this arrangement if they want to push the shorter cruises. It is, after all, a 1 class ship. Or is it?

All of these responses make sense. Joc123, were you on the second part of what might have been a back to back or longer cruise segment? We just finished a 31 day Spirit cruise and dined in Terrazza six times with no problem. If SS wants to do the short cruises and split segments, they must find a way to avoid penalizing those who choose the short cruises. And without penalizing those of us who choose the longer cruises. Good luck.

You would think that if a longer cruise is divided into two shorter segments SS would hold back some reservations for those who board later. It's only fair since they make such a big deal out of these restaurants.

Archived