Carnival Freedom

debrhplace

My husband and I are sailing on the Carnival Freedom on August 10, 2013. The itinerary shows that we arrive back in Ft Lauderdale at 8:00 am. Does anyone know what would be the earliest flight that we could take from Ft Lauderdale? We are flying United and it shows a 10:45 am flight and a 3:00 pm flight. Would it be impossible to catch the 10:45 am? Just curious if anyone has tried to get to the airport for this early of flight. :rolleyes:

If you do self debarkation, (and everything goes smoothly clearing customs) you will make it just fine. Last year we drove to our Freedom cruise and debarking was so easy we were all the way to Cocoa Beach by 1045!

I too would not risk it. What if there is a little bit of fog, or you hit the dock, or you hit full customs.. all of which has happened to me and caused at least a 2 hour delay getting off the ship.

When they advise you not to book before Noon, I follow it.

I too would not risk it. What if there is a little bit of fog, or you hit the dock, or you hit full customs.. all of which has happened to me and caused at least a 2 hour delay getting off the ship.

When they advise you not to book before Noon, I follow it.

Good advice :p

It seems so many cruise ship passengers fly out on Sunday from FFL, the airlines are charging more that day. If you are not in a real big hurry to get back, check the airfare out on Monday morning. For us airfare home on Sunday 7/21 was a little over $500 each. First flight out on Monday morning was $130 each. Definatly worth staying another night.

we are staying the night at Embassy Suites, airfare was cheaper on Mon for us. Broke out about even with the hotel and we can relax at the beach or pool for the day. Also they have free happy hour and bkfst.

Just off the Freedom 3/17. I woke up at 5:30 am and the ship was already docked. They started clearing the ship at 7:00! But again, anything can happen as stated above. We've flown out of FLL 4 times now with early flights and never had a problem getting to the airport or flying out.

We have paid for Faster To The Fun (or Flight in this case)... We are planning to be first (or second) off the ship when we arrive back into Fort Lauderdale, and go straight to FLL airport.

We have an 11:40 Air Canada flight to Montreal, to make our connecting flight to Halifax.

We have done the late morning flights from FLL before without any problems.

we are staying the night at Embassy Suites, airfare was cheaper on Mon for us. Broke out about even with the hotel and we can relax at the beach or pool for the day. Also they have free happy hour and bkfst.

We always do that too. We stay the day before and day after in FLL Embassy Suites. This seems to make everything go smoother and less harried....plus I love that hotel so a little extra vacation time.

Recent reports from other lines indicate there have been issues clearing customs and immigration since the sequester started. I think I read on RCCL they only sent 3 agents to clear the Oasis and it people who were assigned an early debark time did not get off the ship until 11:30 am.

Any recent reports from Carnival cruisers on how it is in FLL and Miami would be appreciated.

We booked a 2:15 flight on United after our 8 night May cruise on the Freedom just to make sure. We're staying 2 nights pre-cruise and we need to be home for Memorial Day so we couldn't stay over.

Back in December I got off the Coral Princess at Pt. Everglades and the customs and immigration lines moved at glacial speed. Several passengers I had met on the ship missed flights between 10-11 am. I ran into them at FLL where they were trying to re-book. The security line at the airport was insane. You had to wait in a separate line to get to wait in the security line itself. It was worse than O'Hare Airport on the night before Thanksgiving.

Roz

Archived