Cruise Ship Passenger Collapsed

Yes We Can

If I die on a cruise ship just wait til we get to a port with a nice white sandy beach, and prop me up in a beach chair with a cold drink in my hand like Bernie!!!

But make sure the comedian on board knows I died so he can make fun of me!! :)

As a person who is elderly and whose time has in fact come, I would have been perfectly content to have died on a voyage.

As you say- death is a part of life, but surely you'd admit this probably ruins the vacation for the rest of the family...

As you say- death is a part of life, but surely you'd admit this probably ruins the vacation for the rest of the family...

I don't know. I would take comfort in knowing that a lived one died doing something they loved. Much better way to go than In a hospital bed.

I don't know. I would take comfort in knowing that a lived one died doing something they loved. Much better way to go than In a hospital bed.

I agree ... with both of you.

Anytime someone passes away it is sad and my prayers go out to the family.

But I'm with you mn_ilsa_girl, if it's my time to go I'd rather it be on a cruise, or the golf course (just after that elusive hole-in-one), or just after a certain couples cardiovascular activity. Better that than during yet another 12 hour day at work.

Sorry, I strongly disagree. I do NOT want to die on a cruise.

I'd much rather die as I step back onto shore as soon as I get off the ship after the cruise is over! ;)

We were on the repo end of a world cruise. HAL Amsterdam April 2003.

8 of us were seated at a 10 top. DH, being nice, lets the waiter know if the 2 women seated alone at seperate tables want to join us.

Waiter looks over at the two and says, "That woman's husband died, she went home buried him and came back. The other one husband also died. She just shipped his body home."

Mom had a co-worker die on Amtrak going to a USC Football game. He died what he loved doing the most.

If I knew I had 6 months to live I would be on the phone with Hospice with the one condition that the nurse comes with as many of my relatives and friends as possible. It would be a Celebration of Life Cruise on Cunard. I would take the entire World Cruise and see if my friends and family would come on various portions.

If I should pass away on a cruise after eating a good meal and dessert so be it. I would let the medical staff know I have a certain amount of time to live and would be happy to pass away on the cruise and please don't shed a tear. All I want is the Captain to open up a bottle of good Champagne and pass it around and say Fair Winds To You.

I hope my Obituary would read'Passed Away in the midst of around the world cruise surrounded by friends and family sailing the world. A foodie and Cruise Critic Member at heart XXXX passed away after enjoying good meals, meeting with fellow Cruise Critic Members and had many peaceful moments. No services will be held but please make your donations to a charity of your choice and take a trans atlantic cruise in my honor. Please don't cry I'll be waiting for you at the other end of the ocean. A big thank you goes out to the Staff of the Cunard QE II the hospicehe caregiver who gave support honoring my wishes. And all of my family and friends who gave me so much love and happiness.

I'm serious if I knew I had a medical condition that I could not heal from I would ask that my last wish be a cruise. Why should my last medical bill go to a hospital with MSRA or Sepsis?

That's so sad..on my parents Breeze Med Cruise in October, someone died on the ship and the captain announced it. Plus the crew created a card for crew and passengers to sign in the lobby. My parents signed it, but its still so tragic to die on your trip :(

All I know is....when my time comes I hope I'm on a Lido deck somewhere sipping a fancy drink and not driving to work! :(

My kids always tell me to be careful when i travel and I've actually told them, 'one good thing, if I die on vacation you can bet I was having fun!'

Couldn't agree more with this!

Unfortunately, you are correct. I would hope, however, that eventually a realization would come that this was not a bad thing.

That passenger was my mom. I am absolutely heartbroken, but she died doing what she loved, and she was with my dad when it happened. We celebrated their 50th anniversary on a cruise with the whole extended family almost 3 years ago. She and my dad have cruised quite frequently for many years. I very much appreciate your prayers and thoughts for our family. My dad is actually still on the ship by himself. He wanted to make sure Mom got home. Carnival has been amazing - both to him on the ship, and to us here at home. Hug your loved ones and cherish every moment you have with them.

That passenger was my mom. I am absolutely heartbroken, but she died doing what she loved, and she was with my dad when it happened. We celebrated their 50th anniversary on a cruise with the whole extended family almost 3 years ago. She and my dad have cruised quite frequently for many years. I very much appreciate your prayers and thoughts for our family. My dad is actually still on the ship by himself. He wanted to make sure Mom got home. Carnival has been amazing - both to him on the ship, and to us here at home. Hug your loved ones and cherish every moment you have with them.

Pooh4cruise - you and your family have my deepest sympathies. I'm glad you can find peace that she was doing what she loved....right up until her last breath. I hope that I can be that lucky. May your family find peace in the days ahead.

Certainly praying for you guys. Maybe God needed a DJ on Heaven's cruise ship :)

If I knew I had 6 months to live I would be on the phone with Hospice with the one condition that the nurse comes with as many of my relatives and friends as possible. It would be a Celebration of Life Cruise on Cunard. I would take the entire World Cruise and see if my friends and family would come on various portions.

If I should pass away on a cruise after eating a good meal and dessert so be it. I would let the medical staff know I have a certain amount of time to live and would be happy to pass away on the cruise and please don't shed a tear. All I want is the Captain to open up a bottle of good Champagne and pass it around and say Fair Winds To You.

I hope my Obituary would read'Passed Away in the midst of around the world cruise surrounded by friends and family sailing the world. A foodie and Cruise Critic Member at heart XXXX passed away after enjoying good meals, meeting with fellow Cruise Critic Members and had many peaceful moments. No services will be held but please make your donations to a charity of your choice and take a trans atlantic cruise in my honor. Please don't cry I'll be waiting for you at the other end of the ocean. A big thank you goes out to the Staff of the Cunard QE II the hospicehe caregiver who gave support honoring my wishes. And all of my family and friends who gave me so much love and happiness.

I'm serious if I knew I had a medical condition that I could not heal from I would ask that my last wish be a cruise. Why should my last medical bill go to a hospital with MSRA or Sepsis?

Well I am glad I don't sail on Cunard so that you can ruin MY cruise if you have to be airlifted or ship needs to miss a port to get you to a hospital

Honestly the idea that ships are a floating hospital/hospice is getting out of hand

A friend of mine went on Epic with her dying brother in law and sister...and it was not the happy time they hoped for. I see a LOT of people here encouraging others to go on a cruise right after surgery or if very sick, in between chemo.

Just ridiculous to use cruises as a hospice IMHO

My thoughts and prayers to you and your family and your poor Dad.

I am glad Carnival is stepping up for him

I hope they had trip insurance, it would be very expensive to fly a body back to the States and everything else involved. I feel sad for the family. We have no guarantees in life.

yep, i'm sure that's the first thing on their mind-insurance.

wow, do you sell insurance? LOL

[quote name=sharecruises;37747105

Just ridiculous to use cruises as a hospice IMHO

yep' date=' i'm sure that's the first thing on their mind-insurance.

wow, do you sell insurance? LOL[/quote]

sharecruises - Your opinion, and you are welcome to it. Why deny someone this if that's 'their' wish?

Almost Packed - You're late to the party. This has already been said, ... and discussed.

P4C.....Sorry for your loss. May she rest in Peace, and you all get through this difficult time.

Oh what can I say but that I am so sorry for you and your poor dad- and the rest of your family. Good luck to you at this time and may your mom rest in peace.

Archived