Cruise Ship Passenger Collapsed

Yes We Can

That passenger was my mom. I am absolutely heartbroken, but she died doing what she loved, and she was with my dad when it happened. We celebrated their 50th anniversary on a cruise with the whole extended family almost 3 years ago. She and my dad have cruised quite frequently for many years. I very much appreciate your prayers and thoughts for our family. My dad is actually still on the ship by himself. He wanted to make sure Mom got home. Carnival has been amazing - both to him on the ship, and to us here at home. Hug your loved ones and cherish every moment you have with them.

I am so sorry! My heart breaks for your poor father having to be alone on the rest of the cruise when he is missing his dear wife and knows he now has to attend to all the details of funeral, etc. Praying for peace and comfort for you and your family, Pooh, and for strength for your Dad to get through this. My deepest sympathies.

That passenger was my mom. I am absolutely heartbroken, but she died doing what she loved, and she was with my dad when it happened. We celebrated their 50th anniversary on a cruise with the whole extended family almost 3 years ago. She and my dad have cruised quite frequently for many years. I very much appreciate your prayers and thoughts for our family. My dad is actually still on the ship by himself. He wanted to make sure Mom got home. Carnival has been amazing - both to him on the ship, and to us here at home. Hug your loved ones and cherish every moment you have with them.

My deepest condolences to you and your family.

To loose a loved one is very hard, doesn't matter where he or she died, on a cruise, at home, hospital..... It is a lost. And maybe it does ease the pain a little bit, knowing she was with your dad and died doing what she loved. My brother died a month ago, also doing what he loved the most, fishing, at the age of 49. And he also was with his whole group of friends.

So I guess, finding comfort in that, is one of the things to do.

Strenght!

Sorry for your loss. Condolences to you and your family.

Well said. Prayers to your family. You are in my thoughts and prayers.

Our prayers to you and your love one. Your dad must have loved your mother very much to stay on the cruise ship by himself just to make sure your mother got home. What a loving gesture.

Thank you all so much for your prayers, condolences, and sweet comments! Dad will be home tomorrow morning, and I can't wait to hug him and tell him how much I love him! Carnival and the Port Canaveral Port Authority have been beyond amazing! Dad has been able to call us each day, and has shared so many stories of the Carnival Dream staff and how they have watched out for him, encouraged him, and helped him throughout the trip. They made sure Dad had all of Mom's pictures, including the last picture taken of both of them together. We've had phone calls from Carnival and the port authority checking on us, as well. They have offered assistance, answered our questions, and supported us, and are making it possible for us to help Dad as he leaves the ship. Tomorrow will be very bittersweet, but I'm looking forward to seeing my daddy! Thank you again!

Sending a big hug to you and yours. May the prayers of strangers comfort you all until your family is together.

I'm so sorry for your loss Pooh4cruise...prayers and thoughts for your family.

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Tapatalk HD

i hope they had trip insurance, it would be very expensive to fly a body back to the states and everything else involved. I feel sad for the family. We have no guarantees in life.
hi--this is a very sad story----but i have another---we are irene and john---55 cruises on carnival---and while sailing on the liberty--a lady we had dinner with each nite--and husband---noticed--one nite---her husband was missing----i asked --'where is bob' she replied----'in the refrigerator' she mentioned bob had passed away during the nite---and the carnival people were wonderful--they wanted to fly she and her deceased husband back--to port canaveral---they had the insurance---but she replied'---'heck--no''' 'i paid for a 7 day cruise and this is only the 3nd day out---what can you do for me'' well----they have a rfg on board--just for this purpose---and there he resided until the cruise ended. Good solution---from--irene and john

hi--this is a very sad story----but i have another---we are irene and john---55 cruises on carnival---and while sailing on the liberty--a lady we had dinner with each nite--and husband---noticed--one nite---her husband was missing----i asked --'where is bob' she replied----'in the refrigerator' she mentioned bob had passed away during the nite---and the carnival people were wonderful--they wanted to fly she and her deceased husband back--to port canaveral---they had the insurance---but she replied'---'heck--no''' 'i paid for a 7 day cruise and this is only the 3nd day out---what can you do for me'' well----they have a rfg on board--just for this purpose---and there he resided until the cruise ended. Good solution---from--irene and john

We were on a cruise May 2011 and a man at a table near us died at dinner.

He was with a large family group with a lot a children.

I felt for them.

But at least he went quickly and with his family.

Well I am glad I don't sail on Cunard so that you can ruin MY cruise if you have to be airlifted or ship needs to miss a port to get you to a hospital

Honestly the idea that ships are a floating hospital/hospice is getting out of hand

A friend of mine went on Epic with her dying brother in law and sister...and it was not the happy time they hoped for. I see a LOT of people here encouraging others to go on a cruise right after surgery or if very sick, in between chemo.

Just ridiculous to use cruises as a hospice IMHO

I'm almost positive that you did not mean your post to sound like it does. Well, almost.

There are many people who are nearing the end of their lives and a cruise is a nice way to capture some last memories.

I certainly hope that you never have to face the posibility of an early death, and spoil a cruise for anyone.

Well I am glad I don't sail on Cunard so that you can ruin MY cruise if you have to be airlifted or ship needs to miss a port to get you to a hospital

Honestly the idea that ships are a floating hospital/hospice is getting out of hand

A friend of mine went on Epic with her dying brother in law and sister...and it was not the happy time they hoped for. I see a LOT of people here encouraging others to go on a cruise right after surgery or if very sick, in between chemo.

Just ridiculous to use cruises as a hospice IMHO

:eek:

I'm more of the opinion that granting one's last wish is more important. After all, it is their LAST wish.

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family!

So sorry for your loss. May your father find some comfort knowing he was with your mother and they were doing something they both enjoyed together. The Dream has a great staff and know they would be of support to your dad during the days remaining on the cruise.

As a person who is elderly and whose time has in fact come, I would have been perfectly content to have died on a voyage.

My fondest memories are of the many travels I have made with my wife.

I am sure that I frequently pushed myself well beyond my physical comfort level on these trips,

and would continue to do so if I still had time to travel.

For us, travel has always had a component of adventure travel, so to speak, and that has led to some of our best memories.

So don't feel sorry for us elderly folk who look barely alive waiting for the tender or climbing a volcano,

or watching Jimmy play with the dolphins.

Perhaps for us that is what life is all about. As is dying.

Thank you for your wonderful and wise contribution!

Thank you all so much for your prayers, condolences, and sweet comments! Dad will be home tomorrow morning, and I can't wait to hug him and tell him how much I love him! Carnival and the Port Canaveral Port Authority have been beyond amazing! Dad has been able to call us each day, and has shared so many stories of the Carnival Dream staff and how they have watched out for him, encouraged him, and helped him throughout the trip. They made sure Dad had all of Mom's pictures, including the last picture taken of both of them together. We've had phone calls from Carnival and the port authority checking on us, as well. They have offered assistance, answered our questions, and supported us, and are making it possible for us to help Dad as he leaves the ship. Tomorrow will be very bittersweet, but I'm looking forward to seeing my daddy! Thank you again!

So sorry for your loss! Prayers to you and your family.

Prayers, for you and your family.

I know that losing a Loved one is so hard! I know the care Carnival gives to those without these types of tragedies, and I'm so glad to hear what they are doing for your family! I hope it brings you a little peace to know she was in a happy place her last days!

I know too that coming on this board and reading posts is helping you until you can wrap those arms around daddy, and squeeze him tight!

I hope other guests recognized him, ate with him, and made the best of his trip!!

May God wrap his loving arms around you and keep you in peace during this hard time!!

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk!!

Archived