Well Now, This Is a Lovely Surprise.......

sail7seas

congrats to all the 5 star people. You have helped me (and others) tremendously with all your cruising knowledge.

We made 2 star after our cruise this February and there was a 2 star pin waiting for us when we got home from Florida

Question: Should we have gotten two pins since my husband and I have sailed the same number of days on HAL?

Cold and wet in Ontario

We received our 2 star pins in the mail yesterday and yes, my DH and I each got one.

Our 5 star pins arrived some time while we were away.

Wish we had gotten them before our cruise.

The only perk we used was the free Pinnacle dinners.

Congratulations. Happy you have received yours.

Did you happen to inquire on the ship about receiving them there?

Welcome back. Hope you had a good time.

congrats to all the 5 star people. You have helped me (and others) tremendously with all your cruising knowledge.

We made 2 star after our cruise this February and there was a 2 star pin waiting for us when we got home from Florida

Question: Should we have gotten two pins since my husband and I have sailed the same number of days on HAL?

Cold and wet in Ontario

Yes, Both you and your DH should have each gotten a pin.

Contact HAL by phone or e-mail through their website and request another pin.

Did you happen to notice if the envelope was addressed to one or both of you?

Our two pins came in one envelope and was addressed to both of us.

try: Mariners-Society@hollandamerica.com

That address might work..... or might not. :o

Congratulations. Happy you have received yours.

Did you happen to inquire on the ship about receiving them there?

Welcome back. Hope you had a good time.

Yes -- we asked about them on the ship. We were told that since we had qualified for the 5 star pins a long time ago, we would eventually get them in the mail.

Thank you -- it was a very nice cruise -- no rain in any port.

Yes -- we asked about them on the ship. We were told that since we had qualified for the 5 star pins a long time ago, we would eventually get them in the mail.

Thank you -- it was a very nice cruise -- no rain in any port.

Good to hear you had good weather. :)

We liked our Collectors on Westerdam in November/December and also were lucky with the weather.

Cold and wet in Ontario

The envelope that came with our pins was addressed to both of us.

You should both have gotten a pin.

Mariner Society telephone # 1-800-547-9139

Our 5 star pins arrived some time while we were away.

Wish we had gotten them before our cruise.

The only perk we used was the free Pinnacle dinners.

Welcome home! So good to hear you had a great cruise and enjoyed the 2 compimentary Pinnacle dinners.

So glad that your received your 5 star pins!!! We love ours.

Hope you will have a bit to say about your latest cruise.

Our new

'5' star

pins came this week. :D:eek::D

Can't wait to wear them in another month. We did ask on our last cruise for the pins, but they still at that point didn't have them, though they do expect to have them eventually.

CONGRATULATIONS, Melodie ..........

Happy you received your pins.

Nice, aren't they? :)

Quick question:

When on a cruise do you wear your pins? I hadn't actually considered wearing my pin considering it is a 2 star pin. Definitely a 4 or 5 star pin but a 2 star can't see it.

What is the protocol for wearing a pin? Ok :D not on my bathing suit on the aft pool....

Our new

'5' star

Can't wait to wear them in another month. We did ask on our last cruise for the pins, but they still at that point didn't have them, though they do expect to have them eventually.

Congratulations! So glad you received yours! I am tempted to wear my 5 star pin around the house! Hope you will wear yours not just for the Mariner party onboard.

On the Westerdam Tahiti cruise we were both on we wore our gold pins and met some wonderful people who were interested in learning exactly what they were. With your 5 star pin I hope you have the same experience! A great way to meet fellow-cruisers.

Do you plan on using the spa and the cooking class? Hope you will post on your return and let us know how it all worked out on board.

Have a great cruise!!

Congratulations! So glad you received yours! I am tempted to wear my 5 star pin around the house! Hope you will wear yours not just for the Mariner party onboard.

On the Westerdam Tahiti cruise we were both on we wore our gold pins and met some wonderful people who were interested in learning exactly what they were. With your 5 star pin I hope you have the same experience! A great way to meet fellow-cruisers.

Do you plan on using the spa and the cooking class? Hope you will post on your return and let us know how it all worked out on board.

Have a great cruise!!

Thanks SilvertoGold, I am really excited to get to this level. I feel very fortunate.

I've already been carring the bag all over the house. So cool with the '5' stars on it.

I don't know if I will use the spa, I'm not a spa kind of person, but I would love to do the cooking class. How about you??

CONGRATULATIONS, Melodie ..........

Happy you received your pins.

Nice, aren't they? :)

Thanks Sails, and yes they are nice........looking forward to wearing them soon :D:D:D

Quick question:

When on a cruise do you wear your pins? I hadn't actually considered wearing my pin considering it is a 2 star pin. Definitely a 4 or 5 star pin but a 2 star can't see it.

What is the protocol for wearing a pin? Ok :D not on my bathing suit on the aft pool....

Well I know someone will correct me if I'm wrong but there is no protocol for when to wear your pin. Hey you want to wear it on your bathing suit go for it sammygoose.

Why not wear your '2' star pin? you've been on lots of cruises to earn that pin, be proud of it.

I always wear my pin coming on board and often during the cruise, especially for mariner functions.

Welcome home! So good to hear you had a great cruise and enjoyed the 2 compimentary Pinnacle dinners.

So glad that your received your 5 star pins!!! We love ours.

Hope you will have a bit to say about your latest cruise.

Thank you

Just wish we had gotten the new pins before we left on our cruise.

I don't do any formal reviews anymore.

We were fortunate to have sunny weather every day.

Our new

'5' star

Congratulations on getting your new 5 star pins.

Quick question:

There are no rules.

You can wear them any time or wherever you want to wear them.

On our recent cruise we saw a man wear his copper medal every day.

US -- the only time we wear our medals and pins is when we have the Mariner function. But I do make DH take off his medal for the brunch. I don't won't to have to pay for any broken dishes. :D

Thanks SilvertoGold, I am really excited to get to this level. I feel very fortunate.

I've already been carring the bag all over the house. So cool with the '5' stars on it.

I don't know if I will use the spa, I'm not a spa kind of person, but I would love to do the cooking class. How about you??

I LOVE it that you "already have been carrying the bag all over the house"!!! I like the 5 stars logobag, too.

I confess: I actually tried on the pin and waited until my hubbie came in. Boy, did he get a shock!!

It took much less time than we thought it would to reach Gold, although we do not book suites. Many, many happy days at sea went into this level, so we do feel very fortunate.

We like the rewards. Will be using the internet package on some cruises. I am not exactly a spa person but will be giving it a go. Maybe this will turn me into a spagirl!

Almost unbelievable to me, my hubbie agreed to do the cooking class! Maybe it was the idea of wine.... and a Pinnacle lunch... No, on second thought, it would have been the wine!

Thanks Sails, and yes they are nice........looking forward to wearing them soon :D:D:D

Well I know someone will correct me if I'm wrong but there is no protocol for when to wear your pin. Hey you want to wear it on your bathing suit go for it sammygoose.

Why not wear your '2' star pin? you've been on lots of cruises to earn that pin, be proud of it.

I always wear my pin coming on board and often during the cruise, especially for mariner functions.

Wear the pin when and where you feel like it!

We always wear the mediallion pin on boarding and for the first few days. Just the feeling of being back on a HAL ship makes us so "in the mood".

We wear it on Formal Nights always and to the VIP and Mariner parties and Captain's Tables.

I noticed on a blog that a couple with a Copper Medallion wear that medallion on Formal Nights. A bit much for me, but if it makes pax happy....

Congratulations on getting your new 5 star pins.

Thanks KK, I really have been looking forward to this new level. I think because when they started this new 'star' thing we automatically were '4' star's, this time we had to take another cruise to get there and quite frankly I will admit I was jealous of you, Sails, SilvertoGold and others for already being there.:D:D Of course you all have many, many more days then we do so they should extend the star level to '6' for those over 1,000 days.

What do you think?

Thanks KK, I really have been looking forward to this new level. I think because when they started this new 'star' thing we automatically were '4' star's, this time we had to take another cruise to get there and quite frankly I will admit I was jealous of you, Sails, SilvertoGold and others for already being there.:D:D Of course you all have many, many more days then we do so they should extend the star level to '6' for those over 1,000 days.

What do you think?

OK, I'll vote for that! But maybe at 700 days?

HAL is possibly thinking of something between 5 star and President's Club, but they also will have to come up with more rewards, which I think will be harder and harder!

OK, I'll vote for that! But maybe at 700 days?

HAL is possibly thinking of something between 5 star and President's Club, but they also will have to come up with more rewards, which I think will be harder and harder!

I'm happy as can be with the Five Stars and Platinum Level.

I don't need anything more. This is more than enough for me. :) :o

I sure hope we have more cruises though. :D

There are no rules.

You can wear them any time or wherever you want to wear them.

On our recent cruise we saw a man wear his copper medal every day.

US -- the only time we wear our medals and pins is when we have the Mariner function. But I do make DH take off his medal for the brunch. I don't won't to have to pay for any broken dishes. :D

Thanks KK, your kind response humbled me. I think I was feeling pin envy instead of celebrating my achievement. I am proud of my pin 2 star so I will wear it with pride. Thank you. :)

Archived