Some Tips For Your Cruise

For my upcoming Trans Atlantic Cruise I created a Word Document with all the pertinent phone numbers for how to contact the ship in an emergency, day of cruise emergency number, Choice Air number, Travel Agent Info as well as a local contact # for Royal Caribbean in Italy and e-mail addresses for both UK and Italy Offices for any issues.

In the long run someone here at home can easily contact us by leaving our names and Cabin# in an emergency.

It also pays to have the collect# of your Travel Agent as well.

I then use TripIT and enter in all of my flight information, cruise information and hotel information. Its ready to go for the most part.

You might consider me an over-planner but I like to be prepared. I just confirmed our flight information, hotels and other info.

Passports are in the safe along with the credit cards we want to take. This week or early next week we will make a trip to the bank to get singles.

Travel Folder with Set and Sail Pass is ready along with copies of the front of the passport. I confirmed that we can check in at the pier around 11:00 AM.

We have the Car Service booked to the airport.

And the Meet and Mingle location and time confirmed.

For my upcoming Trans Atlantic Cruise I created a Word Document with all the pertinent phone numbers for how to contact the ship in an emergency, day of cruise emergency number, Choice Air number, Travel Agent Info as well as a local contact # for Royal Caribbean in Italy and e-mail addresses for both UK and Italy Offices for any issues.

In the long run someone here at home can easily contact us by leaving our names and Cabin# in an emergency.

I then use TripIT and enter in all of my flight information, cruise information and hotel information. Its ready to go for the most part.

You might consider me an over-planner but I like to be prepared. I just confirmed our flight information, hotels and other info.

Passports are in the safe along with the credit cards we want to take. This week or early next week we will make a trip to the bank to get singles.

Travel Folder with Set and Sail Pass is ready along with copies of the front of the passport. I confirmed that we can check in at the pier around 11:00 AM.

I've been planning our 7 week trip for 2 years.. if only you could see all the documents and spreadsheets I have prepared... your tips are just the tip of the iceberg ;)

I'm exactly the same way. Been doing that for years.

Where are you at in the SF Bay Area? I'm originally from San Leandro.

I am the same way....and email all of that info to our (adult) children. Hey...you never know..better safe than sorry. :)

And I do the same, however I am the Adult "child" and all of my information goes to my parents. Since I am single, my parents are my "emergency contacts" for just about eveything. (And I know that my mother would absolutely FREAK:eek: out if she didn't know the travel details of my vacations!)

I like to put together the same information, but I do not email it out. I save it out on a cloud provider like SkyDrive, and email the link. That way I can make updates as needed, and even upload some pictures for people to see without filling up email inboxes.

I use two versions of such a document, a substantially pared down version for folks at work and more robust version for us/family. Out of an abundance of caution I also include our passport numbers on the list in case of disaster/emergency where we or family members would have to contact state dept.

• 2 weeks later...

Travel plus (or anyone else with tips). What are some planning hints you have for a long cruise? We usually do 7 nighters and are looking at a 15 night Panama Canal. Not sure what we'll do for clothes, etc, for 15 days. Thanks in advance.

Travel plus (or anyone else with tips). What are some planning hints you have for a long cruise? We usually do 7 nighters and are looking at a 15 night Panama Canal. Not sure what we'll do for clothes, etc, for 15 days. Thanks in advance.

1. Use the ship's laundry service. There will be two "specials" where you can fill a bag with underwear, tshirts, shorts, pjs for $25. Wash 'n' fold service.

2. No one cares if you wear a piece of clothing more than once.

Sounds like a great cruise!

I have all my stuff on Tripit too, but I also take copies of the reservations from the TA, hotel, airline, etc. Our setsail printout is in one of our passports.

We haven't used tripit on any trips yet, because I only discovered it a few months ago, so I'll be interested to see how it works out.

Archived