Mock Sail TA to Spain

We had looked at a 15 day TA out of Galveston and found it reasonably priced. But then I priced airfare back from Spain, and unless I did something wrong, was about $6500 for the 2 of us back to Atlanta, and didn't even price it from there to Dallas. Didn't show any flights coming into Dallas for some reason. Are those prices accurate or did I screw it up? How much, on average, is it to fly back to states from Spain at the end of a TA?

Using regular websites like, Orbitz...:

1) Fly one of the cheapo European airlines like easyjet (easyjet.com) to London, Amsterdam, Brussels, or Dublin, first.

2) THEN try your one way from there.

3) Also try booking a roundtrip - just don't use the 2nd part (or time it for a TA going the other direction :cool: ).

4) If it's still too high - book in 3 parts: Spain > London (etc...) London > NY (will be cheaper than Atlanta) NY > Dallas (you could do SW for that last part)..

Lydia

We had looked at a 15 day TA out of Galveston and found it reasonably priced. But then I priced airfare back from Spain, and unless I did something wrong, was about $6500 for the 2 of us back to Atlanta, and didn't even price it from there to Dallas. Didn't show any flights coming into Dallas for some reason. Are those prices accurate or did I screw it up? How much, on average, is it to fly back to states from Spain at the end of a TA?

I just looked up the ChoiceAir price for that cruise for a one-way ticket from Barcelona to Houston and it is $515.00 per person.

We are the same way looking to see what the Navigator is going to do. We're doing a TA out of NOLA next week. I plan to buy a next cruise letter to be ready to pounce if they come out with a TA next spring.

In the meantime, the Serenade is doing a TA out of NOLA next spring. It is porting at St. Maarten on the way over the pond which is different. It is a 16-day one. So, we have that on our Plan B list. May even book it on the upcoming TA just to get a cabin choice I like. Then I can cancel it and use the NCL if the Navigator comes through. Of course, all of us down here in Galveston are hoping the delay in putting out a schedule means they may be keeping it here year round. Carnival needs some competition (lol).

Tucker in Texas

We and some friends are also waiting for the Navigator itinerary to come out. We are hoping for a May cruise and a great Med cruise to follow. I was searching last week and didn't see a gap in cruises for dry dock. I wonder if they are going to schedule dry dock right before the TA like they did on Mariner last year. It was great to explore the newly renovated Mariner. LIke your alternative for a round the year ship in Galveston but RCI have already posted that Navigator will be in the Med for the Summer of 2014.

We are also looking at the Serenade BTB and I'm hoping the Navigator itinerary is out so I can book on the TA too.

Archived