Mock Sail TA to Spain

We had looked at a 15 day TA out of Galveston and found it reasonably priced. But then I priced airfare back from Spain, and unless I did something wrong, was about $6500 for the 2 of us back to Atlanta, and didn't even price it from there to Dallas. Didn't show any flights coming into Dallas for some reason. Are those prices accurate or did I screw it up? How much, on average, is it to fly back to states from Spain at the end of a TA?

We had looked at a 15 day TA out of Galveston and found it reasonably priced. But then I priced airfare back from Spain, and unless I did something wrong, was about $6500 for the 2 of us back to Atlanta, and didn't even price it from there to Dallas. Didn't show any flights coming into Dallas for some reason. Are those prices accurate or did I screw it up? How much, on average, is it to fly back to states from Spain at the end of a TA?

I have never ever paid that much to fly to the US.

Did you choose first class perhaps?

I always use Choice Air for my return flights after a TA. I have always paid between $600 & $700/pp. RCCL has a special arrangements with the airlines for one way fares.

A couple of years ago or longer we flew thru Choice Air

Houston to Barcelona for around 358 each one way.

What it is now, I haven't looked, for

we now use miles most of the time when flying.

You should be able to get reasonable prices thru choice air still.

I always use Choice Air for my return flights after a TA. I have always paid between $600 & $700/pp. RCCL has a special arrangements with the airlines for one way fares.

We have been fortunate that our European cruises were done when DW was traveling quite a bit for work and we had a ton of FF points. Unless you have that opportunity, these one way fares are the one of the few times you might get a better deal booking through the cruise line.

Yes, they gouge you on one way flights. I have gone through the same exercise and found the price to be in the $6000 range when checking with airlines. Tried the same with Choice Air and the price dropped to about $1000 total. Unbelievable!!

My wife and I were looking at a Transatlantic sailing recently. For an entire 12 night cruise it was going to be about $800 per person with a balcony stateroom. With gratuities and port charges added in we would have been around $1100 per person. Not bad at all for "all expenses paid" for 12 nights in a balcony.

The flight back from Spain to Orlando? $1800 per person.

So it costs over 60% more for an 8 hour flight than it does for food/lodging/cruising for 13 days.

you can get a round trip flight for $880.00 and throw away the retiurn ticket. We are on this cruise, hope you joinn us.

I just looked this flight up. It is on Air Berlin.

I just did a mock booking on the Choice Air web site and found fares between $515 to $600pp from Barcelona to Dallas for the same return day the ships docks.

Yes this is correct! :)

Choice Air is department of RCL and have travel arrangements with airlines

for air passengers traveling to take cruises at reduced rates.

Look at a booking on the booking on the Royal Carribean Choice Air web site!:)

I just did a mock booking on the Choice Air web site and found fares between $515 to $600pp from Barcelona to Dallas for the same return day the ships docks.

I will try to hurry off the ship on April 21 so you can get on and get underway.LOL!!

For my Father's flight from Rome he paid $580 for a one way flight on Alitalia via LAX to San Francisco. I was able to use vouchers on Southwest after giving up my seat and that worked perfectly. I also had 30,000 United Miles from Rome on Lufthansa via Munich+$75 in taxes. All in all it worked well.

The cruise far is $640 per person in an Oceanview Cabin for the 15 night cruise. All in all the cost of the flights is around $650 with all the taxes on Southwest and my flight from Rome. Not bad considering you fly to Europe for about $1200.

We also use our United points for return flights from Europe and from South America for our December cruise. If you lucky you can get a business class flight for 50,000 points.

A couple of years ago it was going to cost us $1200 for a one way flight from Barcelona to Paris. I booked a return flight for about $280 and just didn't use the second flight. Worked for me :D

On a few occasions, I went to Choice Air website to check prices and been greeted with outrageous fares. Since I've used Choice Air before, I knew that they weren't "normal." So I waited a day or two and, when I thought about it again, went back and the usual $500-$800 one-way fares from Europe to Houston were back.

So, unless you are in a hurry, give it awhile and then check back.

Tucker in Texas

Tucker, you are so right.

I needed a one way from Lax-Barc for October choice air quoted 955.

checked Air Berlin from LAX was 755.

Went back 3 days ago and got a one way with Choice Air for 625.

We will more than likely try to do a cruise next April. Right now, it doesn't show any cruises listed for Rcl out of Galveston for April, or I just couldn't get them to come up. If we cruise with our friends from Galveston again, we may just fly back into Houston Hobby with them then drive home the next day. Just don't know the days of the cruise yet to check prices for flights. Will prob. do Next Cruise for this while we are onboard Mariner in 2 weeks to get OBC. Thanks for all the responses.

We will more than likely try to do a cruise next April. Right now, it doesn't show any cruises listed for Rcl out of Galveston for April, or I just couldn't get them to come up. If we cruise with our friends from Galveston again, we may just fly back into Houston Hobby with them then drive home the next day. Just don't know the days of the cruise yet to check prices for flights. Will prob. do Next Cruise for this while we are onboard Mariner in 2 weeks to get OBC. Thanks for all the responses.

We are the same way looking to see what the Navigator is going to do. We're doing a TA out of NOLA next week. I plan to buy a next cruise letter to be ready to pounce if they come out with a TA next spring.

In the meantime, the Serenade is doing a TA out of NOLA next spring. It is porting at St. Maarten on the way over the pond which is different. It is a 16-day one. So, we have that on our Plan B list. May even book it on the upcoming TA just to get a cabin choice I like. Then I can cancel it and use the NCL if the Navigator comes through. Of course, all of us down here in Galveston are hoping the delay in putting out a schedule means they may be keeping it here year round. Carnival needs some competition (lol).

Tucker in Texas

Archived