Cabana Club question on Nieuw Amsterdam

BiggerBob

We had a Lido cabana on the NA a few years ago and did not plan to use it on the last day of the cruise. Our cabana attendant said we could let friends use it for that day, which we did. It may be like a lot of rules on HAL ships----they vary from ship to ship and from staff member to staff member.

I wonder if the response would have been the same in the Retreat area. Lido Cabanas are in a public area so therefore easier to share.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I wonder if the response would have been the same in the Retreat area. Lido Cabanas are in a public area so therefore easier to share.

We actually wondered about that ourselves. We have a retreat cabana booked for our upcoming cruise and had planned to share it and the cost with friends. The more we thought about it and the conflicting information we had, the more it seemed practical for us to book two cabanas to avoid disappointment upon boarding.

We wanted a cabana for the seven day Caribbean portion to avoid the wall to wall spring break kids around the pool. When we stay aboard for the repo to Vancouver we won't bother with a cabana as it has been our experience on longer cruises that there are fewer children and those who are aboard tend to be well behaved and not a problem at all----a joy to have around in some cases.

I'm not trying to sound snooty about it, but I wish the Retreat area would be card access only. They designate it as a private area, but if the attendants aren't paying attention, people walk in and sit around. It's supposed to be a private retreat.