Carnival Spirit to Europe 2014?

gstewart

I was looking at the Port of Dubrovnik arrivals and departures for 2014. Carnival Spirit is listed as calling many times between April and October.

If she is the designated Mediterranean ship for 2014, I wonder what if anything will be replacing her in Australia if this is the case?

That is awesome! Just what we have been waiting to hear.

I don't think the Spirit is leaving Australia but the Legend (Spirit Class) was on the Copenhagen calendar. Maybe they are swapping it to the Med with another ship that will end up doing Baltic.

Thanks I found it after my first post then edited. Awesome to see that it goes to Athens as well. My oldest is graduating and he wants to see Greece, Turkey and Italy by ship. Hopefully we can make this happen.

Carnival Legend is still down for Copenhagen so it looks like Legend in Northern Europe / Baltic and Spirit in the Med in 2014.

I'm liking it. Looks like some of the cruise will head for Greece. I hope at least one makes it to Istanbul in Turkey. :)

It might not be Carnival Spirit - sometimes they are just reserving space.

It looks like they might be basing her in Venice and alternating eastern and western Med cruises. Then again I could be wrong.

The Spirit class is the same length as the Conquest class. Slightly shorter than the Dream class and longer than the Destiny / Sunshine class. So you are right, they could just be reserving space.

Good to know there will be a Carnival ship in the Med in 2014 though.

Not so sure about that unless Carnival is abandoning Hawaii and Alaska.

I honestly think that if Spirit is leaving Australia they will be replacing her with something bigger. Which Carnival ships do not have a home post April 2014. Valor?

I honestly think that if Spirit is leaving Australia they will be replacing her with something bigger. Which Carnival ships do not have a home post April 2014. Valor?

Many do not because Carnival hasn't released a number of schedules past April 2014.

I have seen some specials for Carnival Spirit in Australia, so Carnival may not be making the profit they thought they were.

I texted my mom about this and she said you made her day! Dubrovnik has been her dream destination and her 60th birthday is June 2014 so she knows where she will be!

We were in Dubrovnik on the Breeze last October. It was probably one of the best ports on the 12 night cruise. I absolutely loved it.

For the last 6-8 months it has been a rumor the Miracle will only make a short stay on the west coast and might be heading down under. JH mentioned a couple weeks ago he would like to CD Alaska and to look out soon for an announcement of which ship will be in Alaska for 2014. My belief is the two older ships will be left on the west coast and seasonally something else will be brought in for HI & AK.

Last year when we were waiting for the 2013 Europe announcements... the Carnival Glory and another ship were used to reserve spots overseas. We had no idea it would be the "Sunshine" and the Legend until the day they opened the bookings.

The good news is... you can see what ports they will be visiting and you know Carnival will have a European presence next summer!! :)

Last year when we were waiting for the 2013 Europe announcements... the Carnival Glory and another ship were used to reserve spots overseas. We had no idea it would be the "Sunshine" and the Legend until the day they opened the bookings.

The good news is... you can see what ports they will be visiting and you know Carnival will have a European presence next summer!! :)

Conquest.

Not so sure about that unless Carnival is abandoning Hawaii and Alaska.

Well, the west coast will still have two ships: The Imagination and the Inspiration, so one of them could be going to Alaska in 2014.

But as much as I enjoyed sailing on the Imagination on a 4 night cruise out of Miami, I think she would be a huge step down for the Alaska market (specially considering the ships that the other cruise lines are sending to Alaska, like Celebrity Solstice, the Grand class ships on Princess, and the Vista class ships on Holland America).

Balconies are a huge money maker for the cruise lines in Alaska, so I think it would be ill conceived to send a Fantasy class ship with a handful of balconies there.

We'll soon find out :o

I don't think it will be the Spirit that Carnival is going to send to the Mediterrean. Carnival went to a lot of expense to transform the Spirit for the Australian market. I'm sure they will leave it in Australia for more than 1 season.

As for the rumor that Carnival will send another ship to Australia to the join the Spirit, I'm guessing it won't be the Miracle. The Spirit class is too popular in North America and I don't think Carnival would want to lose another Spirit class to the Australian market. My guess is that they will send the Inspiration or the Imagination and keep the miracle on the west coast. JMHO, of course...lol:D:p

We're hoping to do B2b April, 2014-TA Tampa to Barcelona, then Barcelona to Venice, like the Legend is doing this April. We've never done a b2b. If the Legend isn't doing next April what she's doing this April, is my dream cruise just that-only a dream? Has anyone done the b2b I'm hoping for? I actually don't care which ship, it's the itinerary I like, and it needs to be Carnival. Those 2 cruises will make us Platinum! if we get to take them.:p

My guess is that they will send the Inspiration or the Imagination and keep the miracle on the west coast. JMHO, of course...lol:D:p

Actually, I think that would make more sense than sending the Miracle to Australia or sending a Fantasy class ship to Alaska. JMHO :o

Don't know how a Fantasy class ship would do in Alaska as they hardly have any balconies.

We also have speculated about the Miracle as it's whole 2014 schedule isn't posted yet.

Archived