Carnival Spirit to Europe 2014?

gstewart

Our friends were booked on the Miracle for mid April 2014. (They had booked far out as this was going to be their 50th anniversary cruise.) A while back they got a letter from Carnival that their cruise had been cancelled due to repositioning the Miracle. Letter did not say where the ship was going. I think there were 3 or 4 cruises cancelled. About the time they received the letter, someone posted here on CC that they had seen a website that showed where there would be two Carnival ships in Australia during the summer of 2014. So speculation was that it would be the Miracle.

Who knows what Carnival has planned. They may bring a ship to the west coast for the summer to do Alaska as the other cruise lines do.

Food for thought: maybe the Spirit will get the Destiny overhaul.

Just sayin...

Ben

Why??? The Spirit is in excellent condition and is only 11 years old... 12 later this year depending on when it went into service in 2001.

It got spruced up just last year. Plus a lot of upgrades were put on this ship for the Australian market. Not the full 2.0 upgrades but lots of extras that the other ships did not/will not get.

It is good news that Carnival is still planning on going to Europe next year. I've been worried that Carnival will bring Sunshine back from Europe early this year (and they still might, so I'll still worry), but if they are going back to Europe again next year, at least that tells me that they aren't pulling out of Europe like I had feared they would.

I dont think there is much chance of them bringing Sunshine back earlier. They already annoyed alot of people by cancelling the first few sailings of the Sunshine due to the longer dry dock period. I dont think they will risk more bad publicity.

I think Carnival's med sailings sell quite well in any case.

I dont think there is much chance of them bringing Sunshine back earlier. They already annoyed alot of people by cancelling the first few sailings of the Sunshine due to the longer dry dock period. I dont think they will risk more bad publicity.

I think the opposite, based on the fact they pulled the Legend out early, and even with the cancelled Deathstiny inaugurals, the prices I'm getting bombarded with through emails are half what I paid for a 12 day cruise 15 years ago.

AIrfare is twice what I would pay for that cruise.

But all JMO.

The fact that Carnival canceled Europe cruises so close to the sail date is the primary reason that I will likely book my Europe cruise next year with another line. It is one thing to have that happen for a Caribbean cruise when there are usually lots of other ships (whether it be Carnival or another line) to choose from, but in Europe the options are more limited and price variance is higher. I choose not to take the chance that Carnival won't do that again and leave their booked passengers stuck without a cruise just weeks before they are set to sail.

I know that it CAN happen on any line, but that doesn't mean that it DOES.

The fact that Carnival canceled Europe cruises so close to the sail date is the primary reason that I will likely book my Europe cruise next year with another line. It is one thing to have that happen for a Caribbean cruise when there are usually lots of other ships (whether it be Carnival or another line) to choose from, but in Europe the options are more limited and price variance is higher. I choose not to take the chance that Carnival won't do that again and leave their booked passengers stuck without a cruise just weeks before they are set to sail.

I know that it CAN happen on any line, but that doesn't mean that it DOES.

Yep, I now worry about that too. It'll take a fantastic itinerary and a knock your sox off price to get me off the NCL Spirit next summer in the Med. Though I'm glad Carnival will give me something to think about...can't wait to see what they are going to have. I'm looking forward to Istanbul and more Greece...along with Italy! The RCI itineraries came out and they are pretty good but more $$ than NCL. I fear for airfare next summer!!

Mind you, if you look at Palma's cruise schedule, the Carnival Conquest is due in port on the 17th May 2014 arriving from Marseille and departing to Genoa!

The Conquest would make more sense than the Spirit!

Hi Steph - We cancelled the NCL Spirit. My mom's dream is Dubrovnik and looks as if only Carnival is going there on a 12 night next year. Must keep Grandma happy :D

So, are you just assuming Carnival will go there or are you looking for anyone that will?

Went to Dubrovnik on RCI....I really loved it also!

On Carnivals website Spirit has sailings until October 2014. Initial prices it was cheaper to fly to the US and get on a US based cruise. So all seems a bit odd.

IMO they have made a HUGE mistake trying to market to just the AUS/NZ market. Dont they realise people from other parts of the world want to travel downunder?

On a celebrity cruise in Australia 2 months ago there was 90% international passengers. Carnival is really silly not selling Spirit worldwide

Yep, I now worry about that too. It'll take a fantastic itinerary and a knock your sox off price to get me off the NCL Spirit next summer in the Med. Though I'm glad Carnival will give me something to think about...can't wait to see what they are going to have. I'm looking forward to Istanbul and more Greece...along with Italy! The RCI itineraries came out and they are pretty good but more $$ than NCL. I fear for airfare next summer!!

The first page of this thread has a link to the 2014 calendar for Dubrovnik. Carnival is listed and if you match the dates and the last and next ports it looks as if they are repeating the 9 and 12 day rotating itineraries they are doing this year.

We seriously looked at RCCL because they go to Dubrovnik but they changed for 2014 to Kotor.

Considering that the Mediterranean sailings were too soft, Carnival already pulled the Legend out of Europe early (that's the ship we originally booked our Med cruise on). With prices being so low, I wonder if sales continue to be soft.

I must be doing something wrong. I keep following links people post of European port schedules, and I can never find the actual port schedule on the pages that are linked to.

Try this:

http://www.apzi.be/news/detail_en.phtml?id=310

Go to the section called cruise ship calls. You will have to download an Excel and it is listed there.

Try this:

http://www.apzi.be/news/detail_en.phtml?id=310

Go to the section called cruise ship calls. You will have to download an Excel and it is listed there.

Thank you. That worked much better. I guess I was looking more for the link wherever I saw the menu bar links and wasn't finding anything.

Archived