Solo cabins on "Breakaway"

sailingnut

I have been looking for a "solo" cabin on the January "2014" sailing and they seem to be all taken. I guess they are going to be very popular. This is a 10 or 12 day cruise! Anyone else having trouble?:)

Yes, they are all booked. They sold out pretty fast. Hopefully, they all went to "true" solo travelers instead of "couple's/married" passengers wanting to have adjoining cabins so they can have two bathrooms (:mad:pet peave of mine:rolleyes:). I heard they were doing that on the Epic. The Breakaway has alot less solo cabins than the Epic. This could pose a problem for the solo travelers. I think it's a very selfish thing to do.

Yes, they are all booked. They sold out pretty fast. Hopefully, they all went to "true" solo travelers instead of "couple's/married" passengers wanting to have adjoining cabins so they can have two bathrooms (:mad:pet peave of mine:rolleyes:). I heard they were doing that on the Epic. The Breakaway has alot less solo cabins than the Epic. This could pose a problem for the solo travelers. I think it's a very selfish thing to do.

I don't really think that's much of a problem. Three trips in Epic studios and I never noticed that.

I have been looking for a "solo" cabin on the January "2014" sailing and they seem to be all taken. I guess they are going to be very popular. This is a 10 or 12 day cruise! Anyone else having trouble?:)

Yes, they are all booked. They sold out pretty fast. Hopefully, they all went to "true" solo travelers instead of "couple's/married" passengers wanting to have adjoining cabins so they can have two bathrooms:mad:(pet peave of mine:rolleyes:). I heard they were doing that on the Epic. The Breakaway has alot less solo cabins than the Epic. This could pose a problem for the solo travelers. I think it's very selfish thing to do.

ooops double posting...Well, I guess I needed to say it twice!:D

I would check the price of an inside for one single. On our sailing for the Breakaway an inside cabin was under $100 price difference for the studio. Didn't make the studio all that great of an option to me. They are still charging a single supplement and I don't understand why people don't realize that.

If an inside is $749 per person but a studio is $1399 per person, how is that a deal?

I just don't see the logic that a married couple would book 2 studios so they could have 2 bathrooms, really? That makes no sense too me. Those rooms are not big 100 sq feet...that is small. :eek::confused:

There was a review a while ago about a couple that did this, only because it was cheaper at that time to book 2 studios than a regular inside. The bed are 2 twins together so sleeping as a couple is not a problem (and hey! if one snores the other can always retreat to the other room!:D) I think after that pricing set up NCL got the glitch worked out of the system and so now a regular inside is always cheaper p/p than 1 studio.

There was a review a while ago about a couple that did this, only because it was cheaper at that time to book 2 studios than a regular inside. The bed are 2 twins together so sleeping as a couple is not a problem (and hey! if one snores the other can always retreat to the other room!:D) I think after that pricing set up NCL got the glitch worked out of the system and so now a regular inside is always cheaper p/p than 1 studio.

Eactly. It was Kim (Mitsugirly) and her husband. Booking two studios was cheaper than an inside. I can't fault them for at all for taking the better deal. With two studios being far more expensive now than an inside I doubt there will be any motivation to book this way.

I would check the price of an inside for one single. On our sailing for the Breakaway an inside cabin was under $100 price difference for the studio. Didn't make the studio all that great of an option to me. They are still charging a single supplement and I don't understand why people don't realize that.

If an inside is $749 per person but a studio is $1399 per person, how is that a deal?

NCL Breakaway 12 day January Sailing:

Inside cabin = $1400.00 x 2 = $2800.00 (Couple or Solo pays the same price in this cabin.

Studio Cabin was = $1998.00 Solo pays. (Extra's: A place to meet other solo travelers, activities for solo's, dinners planned, etc.)

Like Sauer-kraut said. It looks like NCL got the glitches out.:cool:

Sometimes the TA have different pricing than the cruise lines, (because they probably buy a block of rooms), and that can be the reasons why the pricing was cheaper to buy two rooms. Also, even if the Solo Cabin is $100 cheaper than inside, the Solo cabin comes with it's own private longue area.

Archived