"free prepaid gratuities"

mrsfefe

When booking an Oceania cruise with included "Free Prepaid Gratuities" does that only cover the daily cabin gratuity, or does it also include the 18% added to drinks and spa treatments? How is it accounted for during the cruise? Is it added as you go and then deducted from the final bill or do they use some other method to apply it? Thanks.:)

As stated in the "Frequently asked questions" section of the Oceania Website:

Q: What is Oceania's gratuity policy?

A: FOR SAILINGS PRIOR TO THE 2013-14 WINTER SEASON:

How much you choose to tip is a personal matter and completely at your discretion. For your convenience the following gratuities are automatically added to your shipboard account. For guests occupying staterooms, gratuities of $14.50 per guest, per day will be added. For guests occupying Penthouse, Oceania, Vista or Owner's Suites where Butler Service is provided, gratuities of $20.50 per guest, per day will be added. In addition, an 18% service gratuity is automatically added to all beverage purchases, spa services and dinner at La Reserve. Naturally, guests may adjust gratuities while onboard the vessel at their sole discretion.

FOR SAILINGS BEGINNING WITH THE 2013-14 WINTER SEASON:

How much you choose to tip is a personal matter and completely at your discretion. For your convenience the following gratuities are automatically added to your shipboard account. For guests occupying staterooms, gratuities of $15.00 per guest, per day will be added. For guests occupying Penthouse, Oceania, Vista or Owner's Suites where Butler Service is provided, gratuities of $22.00 per guest, per day will be added. In addition, an 18% service gratuity is automatically added to all beverage purchases, spa services and dinner at La Reserve. Naturally, guests may adjust gratuities while onboard the vessel at their sole discretion.

It should be noted that gratuities are already included in both the House Select and Prestige Beverage Packages, which are priced at $34.95 and $54.95 per person per day respectively.

On the accounting front, prepaid gratuities appear as a credit to one's shipboard account as the voyage begins, and the "daily tip amount" is debited day by day.

Hope that this helped, please enjoy your cruise !

Except for Oceania Cruises sold in Australia where it is illegal to sell a product at one price and then add on extra charges afterwards .

So Australian travellers have pre-paid grauities included in their fare, but pay the % on charge for bar purchases.

When booking an Oceania cruise with included "Free Prepaid Gratuities" does that only cover the daily cabin gratuity, or does it also include the 18% added to drinks and spa treatments? How is it accounted for during the cruise? Is it added as you go and then deducted from the final bill or do they use some other method to apply it? Thanks.:)

When your gratuities are included, the suggested amount is paid for you daily and you may not adjust them downward as the FAQ seems to suggest..

Jancruz1

Can anyone tell me what happens when you book a cruise early or with a TA that offers free gratuities and you are at the silver level in the Oceania Club, which means you get complimentary pre-paid gratuities twice. Do you get an on-board credit for the extra gratuities?

Can anyone tell me what happens when you book a cruise early or with a TA that offers free gratuities and you are at the silver level in the Oceania Club, which means you get complimentary pre-paid gratuities twice. Do you get an on-board credit for the extra gratuities?

Exactly, you get obc for the 2nd set of gratuities!

Jancruz1

Exactly, you get obc for the 2nd set of gratuities!

Jancruz1

Jan, Let me see if I have this correctly:

Our promo offer from O includes free gratuities. We are at the silver level which now includes gratuities.

So, in addition to the other things included in O's promo, we will also receive an OBC equal to the amount of the promo gratuities because we already receive free gratuities?

If I'm understanding you correctly Jancruz1, I'm a happy pax!

Jan, Let me see if I have this correctly:

Our promo offer from O includes free gratuities. We are at the silver level which now includes gratuities.

So, in addition to the other things included in O's promo, we will also receive an OBC equal to the amount of the promo gratuities because we already receive free gratuities?

If I'm understanding you correctly Jancruz1, I'm a happy pax!

OK..here is your answer...

If you were a Silver member as of 12/31/12 yes; you O grandfathered those folks who had the benefit. If you turned silver after that date Oceania no longer provide gratuities twice.

Jancruz1

That is unfair ....to punish loyal O cruisers :eek:

If they are offering perks to anyone who books then the OC status/perks should still hold for all that qualify

Disappointed in Oceania :mad:

That is unfair ....to punish loyal O cruisers :eek:

If they are offering perks to anyone who books then the OC status/perks should still hold for all that qualify

Disappointed in Oceania :mad:

Agree with you!

Are they favoring the newcomers with free gratuties which we had to earn and then not giving us anything in their place. Not fair. :mad:

How does on find out what date one turned silver?

You turn Silver when you board the ship for your 10th cruise i think that is how it works

You can go to Oceania Club & sign in then look at your past cruises

Lyn

You turn Silver when you board the ship for your 10th cruise i think that is how it works

You can go to Oceania Club & sign in then look at your past cruises

Lyn

Except we had some cruises that received double cruise credits and I don't remember which ones those were. And then O changed how the cruise credits were calculated somewhere along the way and I don't remember when that happened either.

Come on!....if one is silver, one gets the OBC equivalent if gratuities are offered in a promo or by a TA.

Except we had some cruises that received double cruise credits and I don't remember which ones those were. And then O changed how the cruise credits were calculated somewhere along the way and I don't remember when that happened either.

Come on!....if one is silver, one gets the OBC equivalent if gratuities are offered in a promo or by a TA.

Do you remember what cruise you got your silver pin??

Maybe contact Oceania Cruise club ambassador ..he should know

Lyn

Do you remember what cruise you got your silver pin??

Maybe contact Oceania Cruise club ambassador ..he should know

Lyn

Thanks Lyn....I'll do that. We don't pay much attention to pins, etc so can't use that as a point of reference. Will call O.

Archived