Which Belize Carnival snorkeling do you recommend?

Luckyone2

I had looked into booking a private excursion but it would be so much simpler just to leave from the boat. I have looked in the Belize port section of cruise critic but I still have no definitive answer. All three snorkeling excursions are rated fairly close on the Carnival website. I would like to hear from someone who has been on any of these excursions.

Thanks!

Julie

If you are going to belize, I would consider doing the snorkeling there- at maya kay- We are very experienced snorkelers- been many many places in the carib. No others have been as remarkable as the drop off area here. (Even better than the cayman islands (which we have stayed in several times) - and its famous for diving and snorkeling

In belize we went to the mayan ruins on the river trip and really enjoyed it.

I wouldn't choose to snorkel at the cozumel port -kids had fun on the cat and at the beech. But the coral was dead and fish just ok

My DH and son went snorkeling in Belize from the Legend through Carnival last spring. They went on one that went to the manatee reserve and they enjoyed it. The staff were friendly and knowledgeable. They were picked up early from the ship and were returned to the ship with still enough time to tender into the port for a short look around before the ship was scheduled to depart.

We did Sergeant's Cay Snorkel Adventure last time we were there...it was absolutely incredible!!! We would do it again! Another time in Belize we did Geoff's Cay (I believe that is what it is), but that excursion is no longer offered by Carnival. The snorkeling was pretty good there, too.

We've done Cay Caulker twice now, this is on the outer reefs. Go to the ports of call boards and you can find a non Carnival excursion (much cheaper). The reefs are the best we have ever seen. We bring our own gear but if you don't want to they have the gear on the boat.

We loved Geoff Caye snorkeling booked thru Carnival. They do pick you up right off the ship and take you to a tiny tiny island where you can snorkel right off the beach or from the boat. Have done this excursion three times we enjoyed it so much. Lots of cool fish and coral.

I had looked into booking a private excursion but it would be so much simpler just to leave from the boat. I have looked in the Belize port section of cruise critic but I still have no definitive answer. All three snorkeling excursions are rated fairly close on the Carnival website. I would like to hear from someone who has been on any of these excursions.

Thanks!

Julie

You will find my review of my first Belize snorkel (my signature) which was not a good experience. I returned a year later and it was better. Most of didn't see many fish on either trip. :cool:

Thanks!

Julie

We did rendezvous cat w carnival....enjoyed it and a good deal for the money. As also stated, Roatan (west end, Tabyana beach for us) was incredible snorkeling. Belize was decent though and fun....great tour guide on boat as well.

I don't know how I cruised before Cruise Critic. The valuable information that I have gotten from the members on this board has made every cruise more fun! Thank you everyone!

Julie

Let me reiterate...It's not where you go to snorkel that makes the difference, it's who takes you there. Hugh Parkey's is by far the most sophisticated and guest oriented.

http://www.hpbelizeadventures.com/

We have been to Belize twice. DH snorkeled the first time, through Carnival. It was the snorkeling with stingrays and nurse sharks excursion. He said it was just OK.

The last time we were there was right after he got his diving certification. He did a scuba dive excursion through Carnival. It was with Hugh Parkey's and he said it was great.

Archived