Royal Caribbean I truly love you, but COME ON!

Amen! I agree also. Although I'm only about to go on my fourth cruise....I look at them alot and it seems like the same 'ol same 'ol all the time....just deciding what ship you want to do it on.

I'm in if you all do something. I echo the fact that RCCL is our favorite and I want to stay with them but would love to see them mix it up a bit.

What about one of those online petitions, like iPetition or something? Then a link could be posted here for people to sign or everyone could email friends/family with the link. After a period of time the petition is closed and is sent to RCI. This way they could see that 25,000 (example) people want different itineraries.

Just an idea. . .

Please sign the petition

http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/rci-we-love-you-but-not-your-caribbean-ports/

Generally agree with you guys, but IMO, all the ports are about the same anyway. So they can change up the itineraries, but your options once ashore are still going to be beach days, snorkeling, parasailing, etc. Same thing, different venue.

I'm wondering if a petition may be too demanding. I will sign it, I'm just wondering if a letter wouldn't be a little bit less hostile and more "suggestive". I think we should write a nice yet frustrated letter in addition to this. Good start ticktoneer!

These Caribbean itineraries are a total joke. I am so tired of the same old Eastern Caribbean- Bahamas with St. Thomas/St. Maarten and the same old Western- Jamaica, Grand Cayman, and Cozumel.

There are such better options! I love your ships, I love your crew, but I loathe the generally unchanged itineraries I have sailed for years, to the point that I rarely leave the ship anymore.

What ever happened to Costa Maya, Belize, Roatan, Progresso, etc for Western cruises (aside from Galveston).

What about Samana, St. Kitts, Antigua, the BVI? Or even San Juan for crying out loud! All are easily accessible from the 'same old'.

Check out the December legend itinery out of port Everglades, it seems different with great islands

I'm wondering if a petition may be too demanding. I will sign it, I'm just wondering if a letter wouldn't be a little bit less hostile and more "suggestive". I think we should write a nice yet frustrated letter in addition to this. Good start ticktoneer!

I agree. A nice letter/email would be good as well.

When I send the petition link at the end of April I'll do a very nice covering e mail with it as well.

Do you fancy doing a nice letter people could copy off here and paste into an e mail making it quick and easy to do .

Check out the December legend itinery out of port Everglades, it seems different with great islands

Those are good itineraries - we did a great 10 night on Vision this last December. However, not everyone can take such a long cruise and some people would prefer to cruise on one of the larger, newer ships.

I don't disagree with what you said, but I'll throw the preverbial monkey wrench in the equation.......

There's mention of Bonaire.....St Kitts.....Antigua. Unless you're going out of SJU, you can't make these ports (easily)....You need to think about how long it takes to sail to these places unless you're starting in SJU.

#2) The ports have to accomodate the ship.....as most people on here know, the "big boys" require special provisions......i.e.....deep water in/out of the port and at dock.....that along with the port itself (length of dock.....provisions for getting people on and off the ship)

#3) As you can imagine, it takes awhile (I'm guessing) to "set up" these ports....like the port facilities......the infrastructure/personnel to get people on/off the ship, along with any "permits" / contracts with that port/country.

So could it be done? no doubt....but the time and expensives required to make this happen would take time.

So I'm game to new ports, but time will tell if/when it'll happen....we can only hope

Edited to say.......I'm referring to the most common cruise----> 7 night ones. Of course if you're talking about the 10-11 nighters, these ports mentioned above are possible going roundtrip out of Florida

Those are good itineraries - we did a great 10 night on Vision this last December. However, not everyone can take such a long cruise and some people would prefer to cruise on one of the larger, newer ships.

I could possibly do ten nights every year or two, but I don't want to do anything more than 5-7 on a Vision-class ship.

I agree as well. My very first cruise was Antigua, St Thomas, St Maartin and another one i cant remember. Antigua is now a "southern" cruise basically only departing out of Puerto Rico and so on. St Thomas/St Maartin together all the time getting old. I'm sure it has to do with contracts with certain countries etc but lets mix it up if possible

I don't disagree with what you said, but I'll throw the preverbial monkey wrench in the equation.......

There's mention of Bonaire.....St Kitts.....Antigua. Unless you're going out of SJU, you can't make these ports (easily)....You need to think about how long it takes to sail to these places unless you're starting in SJU.

#2) The ports have to accomodate the ship.....as most people on here know, the "big boys" require special provisions......i.e.....deep water in/out of the port and at dock.....that along with the port itself (length of dock.....provisions for getting people on and off the ship)

#3) As you can imagine, it takes awhile (I'm guessing) to "set up" these ports....like the port facilities......the infrastructure/personnel to get people on/off the ship, along with any "permits" / contracts with that port/country.

So could it be done? no doubt....but the time and expensives required to make this happen would take time.

So I'm game to new ports, but time will tell if/when it'll happen....we can only hope

St. Kitts, St. Croix, the BVI are are easily accessible on an Eastern Caribbean cruise. All are within 200nm of St. Thomas.

These Caribbean itineraries are a total joke. I am so tired of the same old Eastern Caribbean- Bahamas with St. Thomas/St. Maarten and the same old Western- Jamaica, Grand Cayman, and Cozumel.

There are such better options! I love your ships, I love your crew, but I loathe the generally unchanged itineraries I have sailed for years, to the point that I rarely leave the ship anymore.

What ever happened to Costa Maya, Belize, Roatan, Progresso, etc for Western cruises (aside from Galveston).

What about Samana, St. Kitts, Antigua, the BVI? Or even San Juan for crying out loud! All are easily accessible from the 'same old'.

I agree about the same old, same old Caribbean ports. However there is another issue, sadly people expect those ports and complain when they visit a place that isn't built up or commercialized. Some people, especially the large population of first time cruisers expect to walk off the ship and shop at fancy overpriced stores, or have a pretty beach right there.

Perfect examples, Dominica and Dominican Republic, two relatively undeveloped ports compared to St. Thomas, but some people complain about them because they are poor, dirty, etc. compared to St. Thomas.

RCL is mass market, and they need to appeal to the masses, so the same old same old ports are sadly going to be norm...especially with the trend of "bigger is better” when it comes to ship sizes.

I just got off of an RCCL cruise and we went to St. Kitts and San Juan ... both were lovely. :) (March 16-24 on the Independence of the seas)

I agree totally !!!!!!

What can us mere mortals do about it ?

Maybe I'm missing something, but wouldn't the best way to cause a change be to simply not go on cruises to the undesired ports? I mean a petition is nice and everything, but if somebody signs such a petition and continues to go on cruises to these ports, it seems like a contradiction at best.

Maybe I'm missing something, but wouldn't the best way to cause a change be to simply not go on cruises to the undesired ports? I mean a petition is nice and everything, but if somebody signs such a petition and continues to go on cruises to these ports, it seems like a contradiction at best.

I don't think the idea is to boycott them, but rather show them that X number of their loyal guests would like more variety.

I don't think the idea is to boycott them, but rather show them that X number of their loyal guests would like more variety.

If you don't like what they are doing, why not boycott them, at least on the cruises that go to the undesired ports? I mean, isn't it counterproductive to tell them you don't like something while still paying them to provide it.

I agree, we went on Disney and got off at Key West --which we loved. Our son is now old enough to enjoy Key West. Last time--we left him on the ship in their kids program--which was great for us. This time--I wanted to go Disney with my granddaughter and son. My husband said no--simply because we are nearing Dimond. However, next time --after the Allure in May--it is going to be Disney with my granddaughter. I need a change with some different ports. Also--I really like that water slide on the Fantasy. I really am surprised there isn't a cool slide like that one on the Allure.

Archived