To Cheers or not to Cheers...that is the????

Ms. T

We went back and forth and finally decided Not. We ordered 2 bottles from bon voyage and will carry on the mixers. We'll still have a beers and DOD around the pool, but not enough to justify the cost, tax and tip.

for my BF and I, the Cheers program will work to our advantage. we do both work a lot though and like to let loose (without being out of control like most of the other 21-25 yr olds we know) when we can.

if you drink a fair share, i'd say go for it! otherwise at the end you could be looking back seeing how much you'd have saved if you did do Cheers!

We recently returned from our first cruise and our first Cheers experience. In our opinion we won't be getting it again.

Going into it we thought we would have NO PROBLEM getting our monies worth.

Most drinks DH ordered were Rum & Coke ($5.95), sometime's he'd throw in a Margarita or Rye & Ginger just because they were $8.95. DH says he was always too full to "get drinking"...he can't eat and drink....it's gotta be one or the other...lol We also had 3 Sea Days as we missed GT and still barely made the $296.36. In fact, we added up the drinks we ordered and they came to $256 but when you add 15% gratuity it would be $294. It would have been less than that but the last day we ordered more just so we'd break even.

It was nice however, not worrying about having a large bill at the end because we thought we'd drink more.

In theory it sounds fun but I don't think I would get my money's worth. I added up what we spent on alcohol (on-board) last summer and it was $150!!! Ha!! I though it would be more but we both participated in the mixologist contest and received a few freebie coupons, plus wine in the room, past guest party, drinks in port, etc. We're going to just buy from Bon Voyage instead.

i added up the receipts from our recent NCL cruise in Feb. we had two sea days and went to all inclusives in Costa Maya and Cozumel. The total for alcohol that week was $850, so if we had used the Cheers program we would have saved $150 for the week.

I am a martini drinker and those tend to run near $9. Let me also add neither one of us were ever drunk and I doubt that eiher of us ever got near a 15 drink limit. but with $9 martinis and $8 fruity drinks and $8 glasses of wine add up fast. We are definitely planning to do the Cheers program on our 8 day Breeze cruise, there are 3 sea days and we are only doing 1 AI.

Maybe when I was in my 20's, but not now. We did talk to people who had purchased Cheers and thought it was great. I only saw one person who was constantly intoxicated. We saw her trying to lure random male crew members to her cabin and playing "shark" in the hot tubs. LOL

We will be getting the cheers program for sure on our July cruise. I found a spreadsheet in another post that calculates if it will be worth it, and based on how my DW and I would drink we will more than pay for it, and that doesn't put us anywhere near the daily limit.

My DW and myself will be getting the program in May. We are not real big drinkers but should at least come close to the price of the program. I have been making a list from some of the other threads about favorite drinks and found several that I would probably not try otherwise. I thought about getting a couple of bottles from Bon Voyage but then I would have to go to the cabin to make my own drink and I can do that at home. I am on vacation and just want the foo foo drinks served to me for once. If we find that we didn't even come close the amount then lesson learned.

My DW and myself will be getting the program in May. We are not real big drinkers but should at least come close to the price of the program. I have been making a list from some of the other threads about favorite drinks and found several that I would probably not try otherwise. I thought about getting a couple of bottles from Bon Voyage but then I would have to go to the cabin to make my own drink and I can do that at home. I am on vacation and just want the foo foo drinks served to me for once. If we find that we didn't even come close the amount then lesson learned.

That was us last cruise. We had ordered some bottles from Bon Voyage, but we never felt like walking all the way back to our room to make a drink. We didn't even come close to half way finishing the bottle.

In a few weeks we are going to try the Cheers program to see if it is worth it to us. If not we will know for the next time.

I will purchase it on my next cruise for sure as I drink beer and since you can't carry beer onto the ship I figure 2 buckets of beer easily covers the cost of the program and I can easily handle more than 2 buckets of beer and since you can use it on HMC whcih is no our next crusie it will be an easy decision.

I finally pulled out the final statement from my last cruise and for four days we only spent around $200 for the two of us on drinks. That includes departure day and a port day, so not worth it for me :)

I think its a great concept but unfortunately it wont work for us. Mainly because all adults in a cabin ave to participate. For my other half, Cheers would have great value because he enjoys his alcohol. But I do not drink. I "may" have one drink per day, but sometimes I have none. So I would be wasting money. But otherwise t could really pay off for those who do typically have several drinks a day.

I think its a great concept but unfortunately it wont work for us. Mainly because all adults in a cabin ave to participate. For my other half, Cheers would have great value because he enjoys his alcohol. But I do not drink. I "may" have one drink per day, but sometimes I have none. So I would be wasting money. But otherwise t could really pay off for those who do typically have several drinks a day.

Same here... it would pay off for my DH, but not for me. I have maybe one drink each day. It would be nice if only those who drink had to participate. But since all adults in the cabin have to participate it is not worth it.

However, on our next cruise we have 2 cabins, with 1 adult and 1 child in each room. So he might get it then since I would not have to get it since technically we are not listed in the same room.

For DH and I ( really more me) its about not worrying how much is being spent. I never truly let lose because I’m one of those what if people and try not to spend a lot in case some emergencies happens. While DH is the carefree we only live once type... ( we make a great match :D) So the cheers program always my OCD and anxiety to not be a factor and I actually have a good time.

Also I happen to have our drink receipt still in our suitcase from last year we totaled up what we drink and then what I would actually drink if I didn't have to worry...,. We would at least break even....

Hope this doesn't get me in trouble..... But we used this link and compared it to our drink receipts from last year and they were dead on

[http://www.shipcruise.org/carnival-cruise/69-carnival-cruise-drinks-prices ( this site uses the ( , ) instead of (.) for there dollar amounts)

So just think about what you would drink ( morning, afternoon, dinner, and evening then total it up) I hope this help but in the end only you know if it is worth it for you . Keep in mind soda is also included but doesn't count towards you drink limit..

We did the cheers program on our last cruise. We broke even, but it wasn't easy to do. At least for us. We did a 7 day with 3 ports, we stayed on the ship. In the afternoons, I drank foo foo drinks, DH drank fosters. Before and after dinner we drank a few premium martini's. I don't think we will get again, for us it was a lot.

~Sweet~

Initially I didn't think we'd do it, hubby doesn't drink as much as I do normally ... he primarily sticks with Corona. But my fave drink (long island iced tea) are usually more expensive, and could easily get us close to the $50/pp per day cost of the Cheers program. So we decided to try it on our October Dream cruise. We both like the idea of not having to worry about what the final bill will look like for drinks. If we (more likely, my hubby) don't get close to what we paid then we won't do it again.

Initially I didn't think we'd do it, hubby doesn't drink as much as I do normally ... he primarily sticks with Corona. But my fave drink (long island iced tea) are usually more expensive, and could easily get us close to the $50/pp per day cost of the Cheers program. So we decided to try it on our October Dream cruise. We both like the idea of not having to worry about what the final bill will look like for drinks. If we (more likely, my hubby) don't get close to what we paid then we won't do it again.

My hubby likes long island ice tea too....occasionally I'd get one too. I tried to price them on the cruise can't seem to find the cost for it. Do you know how much they cost on the ship or how I may find a beverage price list for the ship?

Thanks in advance

My hubby likes long island ice tea too....occasionally I'd get one too. I tried to price them on the cruise can't seem to find the cost for it. Do you know how much they cost on the ship or how I may find a beverage price list for the ship?

Thanks in advance

They are $8.95 plus tip.

We are going to try it simply because then I won't always be counting pennies and harping at my husband about spending too much money. I think it will make my cruise must less stressful and his much better too! In the end, it may cost us more but the price of my not bitching --- priceless!

DH likes to drink, but I still do not think we can justify the cost. I am a 1-2 drink a day kinda girl most of the time. I tend to like frozen drinks, which are more expensive, but they last longer and are filling. So I just do not drink alot.

Archived