Junior Suite Best Cabins Serenade or R class

Hello. Looks like the infamous 1100 was nabbed for a 2014 Serenade European cruise. Most other JS are open.

I am a very light sleeper and I often nap late afternoon. Wondering if JS is better under windjammer or pool for noise issues? I think some cabins under outdoor windjammer and galley are noisy.... Really want a quiet cabin. Can you help? Thanks!

I was in both ACCESSIBLE cabins (Junior Suite) on Jewel of the Seas. Mostly quiet, but we were below Solarium/start of pool area. I heard staterooms under Windjammer were noisy-mostly early in am when workers are moving chairs around.

1602 is the other great JS on the stern - it also has a large balcony with room for 2 loungers and great views aft. You might also look at 1098 and 1598. Although they are advertised as obstructed view, they really aren't. They have elongated balconies and a lot of shelter from the elements.

Other than those 4, most of the JS are going to be the same. Definitely avoid the cabins on the starboard side that are across from the stairwell and crew service area (1580-84 or so)- we would pass by on Jewel and see somebody loudly scraping and stacking plates constantly, and it was LOUD.

There isn't much noise from above late at night, but if you like to sleep in, you might hear rolling carts and banging doors as the crew set up in the morning - on Jewel they would let the galley doors slam behind them and it was really annoying during the day. I mentioned it to one of the WJ headwaiters and it stopped briefly, then resumed. But since you're talking about a European itinerary, then you will likely be up early most days to catch all that the ports have to offer.

Which sailing are you looking at? We were able to snag 1100 for Greece & Turkey.:D

No cabin will be completely quiet.....we've been under both areas.....have never had any noises that kept us awake. If you are a very light sleeper, earplugs is your answer. Or, a deck sandwiched between other cabin decks. You will hear noises from the hallway on ANY deck.

1602 is a wonderful cabin. We stayed in this one on Jewel and it has an amazing balcony and the stateroom itself is bigger than any other JS we've stayed in. If you can get that one I would grab it.

1602 is the other great JS on the stern - it also has a large balcony with room for 2 loungers and great views aft. You might also look at 1098 and 1598. Although they are advertised as obstructed view, they really aren't. They have elongated balconies and a lot of shelter from the elements.

Other than those 4, most of the JS are going to be the same. Definitely avoid the cabins on the starboard side that are across from the stairwell and crew service area (1580-84 or so)- we would pass by on Jewel and see somebody loudly scraping and stacking plates constantly, and it was LOUD.

There isn't much noise from above late at night, but if you like to sleep in, you might hear rolling carts and banging doors as the crew set up in the morning - on Jewel they would let the galley doors slam behind them and it was really annoying during the day. I mentioned it to one of the WJ headwaiters and it stopped briefly, then resumed. But since you're talking about a European itinerary, then you will likely be up early most days to catch all that the ports have to offer.

Which sailing are you looking at? We were able to snag 1100 for Greece & Turkey.:D

That is the sailing... So you may have taken our room...lol! If you change your mind let me know!

That is the sailing... So you may have taken our room...lol! If you change your mind let me know!

Sorry about that - not!:p We actually go back and forth between 1100 and 1602 - 1602 has better cover from the elements, and if it's still available, that's what I would recommend.:)

Looks like we are on the same sailing in Oct. Alex. We have 1602 for the first time. I was also able to book 1100 for Serenade's TA in Nov 2014. YAY!!

Wow! You have to be quick to get those aft JSs.... I missed out but I think we will be on same cruise. Waiting for Nav itineraries to come out....don't know why there is a hold up. I like, but not love, the Serenade cruise, so wanted to see Nav fall 2014... They need more longer Europe sailings like Celebrity. We have to cruise RCI this time to use up our credit card points which will expire soon. Guess I will be in one of the side JS since afts gone already... Of course cabins likely to change around, open up etc as final payment arrives in over a year! Thanks.

We just got off the Brilliance in March, and had a port side JS, a few cabins from the aft.

There was a LOT of noise around 5 - 6 AM from above as they moved chairs around.

And our TA wasn't aware that opposite our cabin was the crew door to the aft service stairs. Unfortunately they left that door open a lot, and there was a lot of noise from that area too.

It wasn't enough to make us want to move, but I wouldn't book there again, thats for sure.

Archived