Dining Steward, Nixon.

sail7seas

Seeing there's a thread about Burt Reynolds today, hope no one minds my asking if anyone has met up with Dining Steward, Nixon, lately? That is not a common stewards name so likely would stand out and be remembered.

We had a number of wonderful cruises with him and just the other day were thinking of him and wondering if he is still with HAL and if so on which ship.

Thanks if you can help....

and sorry for anyone who doesn't think I should have asked in this thread. :o

Nixon was our steward on our recent Eurodam cruise. We only had dinner in the MDR one time and of course we remembered Nixon due to his name. The service was very good; as I recall, he was efficient and personable despite it being formal night and the MDR being very busy.

Thank you so much. I really appreciate hearing this.

Last we saw Nixon, it was on Eurodam. :)

He took care of us for a number of cruises and if we knew he was aboard, we used to request if he could be our steward. :)

• 1 month later...
Thank you so much. I really appreciate hearing this.

Last we saw Nixon, it was on Eurodam. :)

He took care of us for a number of cruises and if we knew he was aboard, we used to request if he could be our steward. :)

Hi, he's still on the Eurodam. He was our server for a couple of nights last week.

What a character he is!

It would be worth for us to book Eurodam just to see him again. We think very highly of him.

So nice to hear an update and to learn he is still sailing with HAL.

Thank you. :)

Never heard of him.

Your bad luck. :D Really, I'm sorry you have not had the pleasure.

He is one of HAL's best dining stewards IMO

Nixon took wonderful care of us a number of cruises. :)

Seeing there's a thread about Burt Reynolds today, hope no one minds my asking if anyone has met up with Dining Steward, Nixon, lately? That is not a common stewards name so likely would stand out and be remembered.

We had a number of wonderful cruises with him and just the other day were thinking of him and wondering if he is still with HAL and if so on which ship.

Thanks if you can help....

and sorry for anyone who doesn't think I should have asked in this thread. :o

Dining Room Steward Nixon is still on Eurodam as we speak. He'll b there for another month and a half before going home on a well earned vacation

Dining Room Steward Nixon is still on Eurodam as we speak. He'll b there for another month and a half before going home on a well earned vacation

Thanks, Copper.

If I knew he'd return to Eurodam after his vacation, I truly would consider booking just to see him. :) Well,,,,,, we DO like the ship and we DO like her itinerary but seeing him would be a big bonus. :)

We didn't come across Nixon, either, in April, but we were in open seating, and really didn't get close to any of the MDR stewards - unfortunately. They all seemed very nice, if a bit harassed by a lot of extra work - the wine stewards sometimes were not around and we found the DR stewards occasionally even served our wine. Strange - but WCB has mentioned that the wine stewards may be disappearing from the dining room altogether.

We didn't come across Nixon, either, in April, but we were in open seating, and really didn't get close to any of the MDR stewards - unfortunately. They all seemed very nice, if a bit harassed by a lot of extra work - the wine stewards sometimes were not around and we found the DR stewards occasionally even served our wine. Strange - but WCB has mentioned that the wine stewards may be disappearing from the dining room altogether.

I probably should know but don't.......

What is "WCB"? So many abbreviations these days, I just cannot keep up with all of them. :o

Thanks.

That's a "who", not a "what", Sail:) I was talking about Bill and Mary Ann, and their WCB blog on CC - I think they mentioned a couple of weeks ago that they were told that the wine stewards in the MDR would soon be a thing of the past. I'm not sure if they meant it was just for the World Cruises, or everywhere, but HAL certainly seemed to be grooming the waiters to handle the wine as well, at least on the Eurodam. I said at the time I thought it was strange, because they usually have the Filipinos handling the alcoholic drinks.

I never read the world cruise blogs........

I don't feel bad now that I had no idea about Whom you were speaking.

So many abbreviations that seem obvious to some are total blank to some of us. :D :o

That's a "who", not a "what", Sail:) I was talking about Bill and Mary Ann, and their WCB blog on CC - I think they mentioned a couple of weeks ago that they were told that the wine stewards in the MDR would soon be a thing of the past. I'm not sure if they meant it was just for the World Cruises, or everywhere, but HAL certainly seemed to be grooming the waiters to handle the wine as well, at least on the Eurodam. I said at the time I thought it was strange, because they usually have the Filipinos handling the alcoholic drinks.

Now that you mention it, WCB could stand for World Cruise Blog!!!

We, the Nixon Family (really only 8 of us) will be on the Amsterdam in August. Wouldn't it be great if Dining Steward Nixon was our main man. Alas he will probably be back on the Eurodam! ;)

Nice post Sail!, although I never heard of Nixon on our Feb cruise I will ask about him on our July cruise. I suspect that he will still be at home at that time but it never hurts.

I will say that there are a couple of crew members that I am looking forward to seeing again on the Eurodam.

It makes me pause when I remember the look on the Main desk attendants face when I asked for a comment card on our Feb cruise-there was a pause and a look of hesitation before she handed it over. I just wanted to fill out a card praising 2 members of the Lido staff for their superior customer service and personable demenour.

It may be my cruise but it's not all about me. I think you felt the same.

Cheers,

Lesley

Nixon Family...... he'd have a lot of fun serving you, I am sure.

Please be certain to tell him there's a couple in Boston, who he has not seen since Eurodam probably 3 or so years ago, who remember him fondly and hope to 'meet again'. :) And if you do, please give him my e-mail address as is written in my signature. Thanks so much if you do that. :)

Sammygoose..... I hope you are so lucky to be assigned Nixon.

After this thread, possbily there will be requests for Nixon to serve CC'ers tables at dinner. Hopefully, that will be noticed postively by his superiors. :)

Archived