Mixed drinks in cabin

kakarp

Not trying to hijack the thread here but I had a question too....I know you can do the Bon Voyage and have the bottle in your room. What about pouring some in a flask or something similar to carry in your pocket to mix in cokes/juices? Anyone have experience with this? My husband likes jack and coke and it is a lot cheaper to purchase the bottle and a soda card then doing drink by drink.

I've read of many people doing this. I just walked back to the room to make our drinks (took about as long as it would for the server to get it and it helped me burn off all of those extra calories I was ingesting).

I ordered 2 bottles from Bon Voyage for my upcoming B2B on the Imagination (can't wait:D) and was wondering about mixers. I'm sailing with a friend and am wondering how much coke we could bring on board. Would we be allowed to bring 1 12 pack each or is it 1 12 pack per cabin? And yes, we are planning on buying the Cheers Program if it's available ob that ship by the as well :D(we drink a lot on cruises, bad I Know:o) so we will be spending money at the bars!!

Thanks!!!! :D

I've read of many people doing this. I just walked back to the room to make our drinks (took about as long as it would for the server to get it and it helped me burn off all of those extra calories I was ingesting).

Thanks. I didn't think about just going back to the room versus time waiting for the server to return. On sea days we spend most the time on lido deck and our rooms are on panorama so not a far walk anyway.

I do this as well, only problem I have found is your expected to drink this in your room. If you fill your Carnival;) cup and walk around the ship some Carnival employee will always ask " Whats in the cup "

If you tell them you'll get a free lecture :D

We have been on 45 Carnival cruises. DW drinks a lot of Diet Coke in the morning and switches to iced water in the afternoon. She almost always is carrying around a cup, lately the Carnival Tervis ones. We have nad some entertainment staff or ACDs or CDs ask "where is your cup?" on the rare times she is not carrying one, but no Carnival employee has ever asked her "Whats in the cup?".

one 12 pack per person, enjoy

Ok, perfect. Thanks!! :D

Oh, and we have to carry them on right? Or can we check them with the porters when we hand over the rest of our luggage? I'm just not 100% sure I want to carry 2 cases of soda around the ship with us until our cabin is ready.

Sorry, but I've NEVER been asked what was in my cup.

I mix my drinks in the cabin, and if there's leftovers when I leave my cabin, the drink comes with me.

DITTO!.....never been stopped....never been asked....and how would they know whether its just a diet coke anyway?

You have to make purchases from the Bon Voyage Dept. before you cruise, and your purchases will be waiting in the cabin when you arrive. We take our own mixers, but order a bottle or two of liquor, along with several 4 packs, or buckets of beer for the cruise.

It should be, but bon Voyage often doesn't send confirmations, so I always take a screen shot of the confirmation page, and email to all my email addresses, along with printing out a copy to take onboard.

If I ordered on Friday and leave on this Sunday will it be enough time?

Not trying to hijack the thread here but I had a question too....I know you can do the Bon Voyage and have the bottle in your room. What about pouring some in a flask or something similar to carry in your pocket to mix in cokes/juices? Anyone have experience with this? My husband likes jack and coke and it is a lot cheaper to purchase the bottle and a soda card then doing drink by drink.

I have filled a small soft flask with rum to top off my lido deck sodas many times.

I ordered 2 bottles from Bon Voyage for my upcoming B2B on the Imagination (can't wait:D) and was wondering about mixers. I'm sailing with a friend and am wondering how much coke we could bring on board. Would we be allowed to bring 1 12 pack each or is it 1 12 pack per cabin? And yes, we are planning on buying the Cheers Program if it's available ob that ship by the as well :D(we drink a lot on cruises, bad I Know:o) so we will be spending money at the bars!!

Since it is a back-to-back,you could probably bring 4 12 packs. Do you have a spare small rolling suitcase?

On many ports, there are places to grab 6 packs of soda.

I had a bottle of SoCo the last time. I just took the colorful cups from Lido down with me and filled them up on the rocks. No one bothered me even thought it was fairly obvious I was drinking straight hard liquor, because no one drinks iced tea slowly.

Thanks!!!! :D

You can also bring more soda on from any port.

Ok, perfect. Thanks!! :D

Oh, and we have to carry them on right? Or can we check them with the porters when we hand over the rest of our luggage? I'm just not 100% sure I want to carry 2 cases of soda around the ship with us until our cabin is ready.

Yes, you have to carry them on. We always take a rolling suitcase with our soft drinks, wine, meds, camera, etc. After the cruise, we use the rolling suitcase to carry off our duty free alcohol.

We were never asked what was in our cup while on our last cruise. (Oct 12) We each had a double insulated lidded Carnival cup that was purchased in the gift shop.

We had a bottle of Disarono and Malibu (Bon Voyage order) and two 12 packs of coke. Our room steward even cleaned out the mini fridge and loaded it with our cokes. Every afternoon he brought us a new bucket of ice as well for our drinks.

This was my experience too, we had vodka and disarono and we mixed in a 24 oz contigo and took it everywhere with us. Always ice and we had our mini fridge emptied and our room steward loaded it when needed, with our mixers. It was our first cruise too and I was nervous about taking my drink everywhere but nope it was fine. My hubby also usually filled a contigo in the morning with the guava juice and brought it back to the room to use as a mixer later in the day. I did however become addicted to the Miami Vice and drank mostly those !

Interesting, when we last cruised Fantasy we couldn't pick up liquor we bought in Nassau until the morning of disembarkation. It only stunk because they close off corridors so what should've been a quick and easy pickup turned into walking a maze trying to get there.

Interesting, when we last cruised Fantasy we couldn't pick up liquor we bought in Nassau until the morning of disembarkation. It only stunk because they close off corridors so what should've been a quick and easy pickup turned into walking a maze trying to get there.

That's the difference between buying it onboard and buying it ashore- if you buy it onboard they deliver it to you on the last night, if you buy it ashore you have to pick it up the morning of disembarkation. Unless I am buying something really exotic I'll just buy it onboard.

First thing first....YMMV.

We have been on 6 different carnival ships and one each one, we brought on alcohol in our suit cases in florida. Not just port everglades, but also miami and Canaveral. My feeling is that as long as you pack it in your checked bag and you are not taking glass bottles, you should be fine. After reading these boards, you can get really neurotic about taking it on with you. My bil bought all kinds of rum runners and goes to extremes to disguise his bacardi. I on the other hand pack plastic liter bottles of what ever I want to drink on board. The last cruise, I even packed malibu rum and a magic bullet and got fresh fruit at the buffet and made frozen drinks in our cabin. I usually pick up extra spirits at st thomas etc, and always bring it on board to drink. I have worn cargo shorts and put a pint in each pocket. Also, another great way to bring it on board at a port is go at it straight forward and put it right on the xray machine. When they see it, I take 1 bottle over to the table to check into cargo, and the other 2 or 3 go back with my wife. Just be cool and you will have no problems.

Lastly, I have never been approached about "whats in the glass" period. Its no body's business once its on the ship. The cabin stewards don't care what goes on in your cabin. Again, just don't make a pig out of yourself, and you'll be fine. Just take an empty bottle for your alcohol, and buy a soda card on board and have fun.

Just my 2 cents worth....don't bother flaming me, its ok.

Howard

I just can't bring myself to get a drink on ship, even here in tourist country I pay 1.75-4.50 a beer (domestic tap to Micro). Mixer being 2-3.75. I love my drink daily and can't pull the trigger on my cruises to get one.

Now my wife doesn't drink so I have 2 bottles of wine I can carry on, but to supplement my 7 day cruises I get a Bon Voyage bottle. This covers me well. I at times carry my rum bottle and more often my wine bottle in a beach bag all over the ship, I usually find a quiet deck away from the Lido deck ( which I dislike due to noise and crowds) or find a lounge where I can enjoy a drink and my book. I have never been asked 'what's in the cup" and NEVER asked to put away my bottle of wine or rum, even in the Piano Bar and Sports Bars? My last two cruises we boarded during football season, as a big football fan I went straight to the Sports Lounge upon boarding and watch playoffs with my bottle of wine I carried on, on a table in front of me all late afternoon and into evening.

Ports are when I get my beloved beer fix. I carry a small collapsible cooler, my steward fills it and I take it off ship, once in port I ask a local where to get beer ( not a bar~ but liquor or grocery store), beer can be had for like a buck a can/bottle 90% of the time. This I buy, carry in cooler and drink as I wander places. Some islands a bar will charge you 3-5 a beer when you can get them for a buck in any store.

There ya go, that's been my plan on 3 cruises, works well.

BTW...if you bought a bottle of vodka from bon voyage and made drinks in the room and took it to the pool to drink, its 100% within your rights to do so. Could you imagine someone who works on the ship to question me. They would be looking for a fight. And this would be all over the cc boards.

Howard

Archived