Dawn VIP embarkation?

Maryfrei

• 4 weeks later...

I may be wrong on this, but I believe only the suites considered "penthouse" suites and above receive priority embarkation. And, for those of you who are in a penthouse suite for the Dawn, be sure to get to the pier early. Once the VIP line is called, that's it. No more VIP. We were on the Dawn last month in an AB Penthouse and got to the pier about 12:30 and the VIP lounge was closed. We boarded with the masses.

Some people get there early, early (before 8:00) and watch the Dawn come in. Others get there around 10:00. I would definitely arrive before noon. From those I spoke to on our cruise, the VIP line was called about an hour before we arrived at 12:30. It's really a crap shoot. Sometimes the Dawn gets there right around 8:00. Today, she's coming through the NY harbor right now and it's already 8:30. If it were me? Well, let's just say this: I'm going on CCL's Fascination in September and my flight arrives in Miami at 8:45 in the morning. I hope to be at the pier no later than 9:30 even though CCL says not to arrive before 1:00. I'd rather be sitting in the terminal reading a book while I wait to be amongst the first on-board than to be tooling all over Miami and arrive at 1:00 to discover a line several hundred people long :eek: But, that's just me.

2Cruise - you'll enjoy CCL's Fascination. We did the 4 night last year and had a blast.

Here's a tip - when eating in the main buffet area (I forget the name, aft on the pool deck) there are 2 doors completely aft on each side (next to the pizza stand, on the left as you look aft, and to the right of the bar, again looking aft). They lead out to delightful outdoor tables. Nobody seems to discover these until the last day or so, and it really is a wonderful place to sit with your meals!

We got to the pier around 11:00 as I recall and boarded around 12 or 12:30. We were within the first 50 I'd guess. They have you sit in the order you check in, so it really is hassle free waiting with a book.

Once the VIP line is called, that's it. No more VIP. We were on the Dawn last month in an AB Penthouse and got to the pier about 12:30 and the VIP lounge was closed. We boarded with the masses.

I've boarded at a couple of ports (Seattle and L.A.) which have a separate VIP waiting room. Is there a VIP lounge at the N.Y. pier and, of so, how do you locate it (or does soneone have to take you to it) ?

dongordon -

On the Dawn - If you are a lattiudes member there was a seperate line. If you are in a suite (AE or better) you need to find an NCL rep and they will take care of you. Your doc do not tell you.

Would the early VIP boarding time also apply to the Norwegian Crown and the Norwegian Jewel in New York?

Yes it should. At pear 88 enter the pier go left and up the stairs that is where both Lattitudes and VIP can wait.

dongordon

VIP will be released to board prior to Lattitudes

2Cruise - you'll enjoy CCL's Fascination. We did the 4 night last year and had a blast.

Here's a tip - when eating in the main buffet area (I forget the name, aft on the pool deck) there are 2 doors completely aft on each side (next to the pizza stand, on the left as you look aft, and to the right of the bar, again looking aft). They lead out to delightful outdoor tables. Nobody seems to discover these until the last day or so, and it really is a wonderful place to sit with your meals!

We got to the pier around 11:00 as I recall and boarded around 12 or 12:30. We were within the first 50 I'd guess. They have you sit in the order you check in, so it really is hassle free waiting with a book.

Thanks Trina. This is just a quick getaway with my girlfriends. We're leaving our husbands and kids at home!! :D Whoooo Hooooo!!!!! So, we really wanted a place to party and I hear CCL is the place to be. We didn't get to Senior Frogs when we went to Nassau on the Dawn last month. So, I'm looking forward to that. Thanks for the tips. Like I said, I don't really care what time boarding will begin. I would just rather be on deck enjoying my first drink on board (which, by tradition in my family, is ALWAYS a daquiri!!) than standing in a long line at the pier. I don't mind sitting for a few hours. With two small kids at home, I haven't had much time to catch up on all my reading.

2Cruise, I envoy you! I have 2 at home as well, though they are older and going to sleepaway camp in Aug - so DH and I are hitting the Dawn for a week! Lots of books are in my future!

Decompression time is important for parents ... esp moms!

Archived