How to perform a search in these boards

skiladyldp

Hello, I tired looking for this information in the FAQs but could not find my answer. A while back, someone posted how to perform a search by pressing one the "F" keys and then a search menu would come up. I have tried everything to remember what it was and how to do it. If someone knows how this is done please let me know and I will write it down for the next time. Thank you Virginia

Well if you look up at the right above your post, you will see the "search this thread" button. One level up, on the right as well, you will see "search this forum" dropdown--there you will find an option to do an Advanced Search with many options regarding which forums you're searching, keywords, poster's names, etc.

Members must be Signed In to Cruise Critic in order to use the Search feature, and once that is true the Search Option will appear at the top right side of the Main Oceania Page:

111222.jpg When chosen, a dialogue box opens:

111804.jpg

Happy Searching! :D

Thanks Jim I was signed in but that is not what I am looking for. Someone posted something the roll call about a month ago on how to perform a search query using a F key and it brought up something different. I have tried many combinations of using all F keys such Alt F1 etc but so far I can't find it. When I do I will post the answer.

I have tried all combinations of "F" keys with ALT, Ctrl and shift key. I am still searching for the answer. Thanks to all that have helped.

I use a Mac, so its different for me

Did you try the letter F (after E, not a F (function) key)?

Here is an explanation of shortcuts

http://www.smh.com.au/technology/technology-news/only-one-in-10-know-what-ctrlf-does--here-are-shortcuts-you-should-know-20111130-1o69d.html

Kimanjo, pressing the CRT and F key do the same thing as the F3 key which bring up a search window ( just learned this). It shows up in the upper right hand side. You can put a key word in such as Rome and it flags in highlighted yellow all posts that have that word in the forum you are in. This can be useful in the roll call menus. But the one I found earlier that I can't remember was better and I am about to give up on finding it again. It would bring up a search menu and you could put in the key word and would flag all threads in highlighted yellow where that word was used. A much better way to search than the conventional way.

Well if you look up at the right above your post, you will see the "search this thread" button. One level up, on the right as well, you will see "search this forum" dropdown--there you will find an option to do an Advanced Search with many options regarding which forums you're searching, keywords, poster's names, etc.

When I sign on under my other user name the "Search This Forum" button does not show up...not sure why.

I needed to register under a new name (current user name) and that function is there.

"'To Err is Human' but it takes a computer to really screw things up":rolleyes:

When I sign on under my other user name the "Search This Forum" button does not show up...not sure why.

I needed to register under a new name (current user name) and that function is there.

"'To Err is Human' but it takes a computer to really screw things up":rolleyes:

The "Search This Forum" does not show for me. I thought I was going nuts. I am glad to know I am not the only one who does not get the desired results when following instructions.......lol

The "Search This Forum" does not show for me. I thought I was going nuts. I am glad to know I am not the only one who does not get the desired results when following instructions.......lol

You're probably viewing the forum via an interface that does not support Search.

Go to your User Control Panel, then to the Options screen, and set it up like this:

000625.jpgIf all of that still does not work, try using Chrome as your browser. It works like a dream for me.

Archived