Adventure of the Seas Refit/Refurb

h614

My wife and I (Diamond) are booked on the AOS Jan 2014 New cruisers in our group like itinerary (So Carib) but I keep telling them not to get on an "old ship". Should we wait a year until after AOS Refitr/Refurb March 2014? I need your input prove me right or wrong.

My wife and I (Diamond) are booked on the AOS Jan 2014 New cruisers in our group like itinerary (So Carib) but I keep telling them not to get on an "old ship". Should we wait a year until after AOS Refitr/Refurb March 2014? I need your input prove me right or wrong.

We were on Adventure about a year ago and she was in fine shape. I would not hesitate to sail on her again.

Welcome to Cruise Critic. :)

Welcome aboard these message boards.

All depends if you would like to experience Adventure as she is now before revitalization (and as people say in very good condition) or wait until she perhaps gets the additional features as given to one of her sister Voyager ship Mariner.

Previous 'flyers' (around March 2012) suggested that she would get the following as part of her revitalization.

Outdoor movie screen

Updated Vintages Wine Bar (she doesn't have a Vintages at present, they are only on Mariner & Navigator in the Voyager class)

Diamond Club

Park Cafe

Chefs Table

Giovanni's Table

Digital Signage

Pervasive WiFi

Flat screen TVs

Nursery

8627478030_1b8c3354b9_o.jpg

However, recent flyers only say that for Adventure and her remaining Voyager sisters (Navigator, Voyager & Explorer) that details are coming soon, so it's hard to tell exactly (if anything) what she will get during dry dock in 2014.

8627478044_e2e3fb1015_o.jpg

http://www.creative.rccl.com/Sales/Royal/General_Info/Flyers/12028421_Revit_QuickReference_Guide.pdf

We're interested too as we're booked on her TA to the UK after dry dock.

Edited by peteukmcr

We were on the AOS this past Feb. and had a ball. My only criticism is that we enjoy one night at a specialty restaurant and had a difficult time getting reservations to Portofino as it is the only specialty restaurant at this time.

She may be old but she's a great ship.

We were on Adventure a year ago. Public areas were in great shape. Our room was showing definite wear (scuff's/scratches all over the furniture, drawers, etc), carpet well worn. We had a great cruise but the room definitely needed work.

• 1 year later...
OK, this topic is somewhat old, but maybe now there are updated information...

Any guesses whether Advenrure otS will get the same upgrades as Navigator, Voyager, and Explorer (Flow Rider, new staterooms and restaurants)??

Thanks in advice... :)

Nothing officially announced by Royal. I believe I read that the next dry dock would be 2016.

OK, this topic is somewhat old, but maybe now there are updated information...

Any guesses whether Advenrure otS will get the same upgrades as Navigator, Voyager, and Explorer (Flow Rider, new staterooms and restaurants)??

Thanks in advice... :)

They did a "mini-refurb" early this year. Unfortunately, it didn't get much the cool stuff the NV and others got. Very sad!!! Hopefully the 2016 refurb will do more!

OK, thank you so far...

Is it sure that she will be dry-docked in 2016? I hope prior to her possible TA/Europe-season...

Yes, in 2014 she got some new staff like a movie screen on the pooldeck, Giovannis table and the dgital way-finders... but sadly not as much as Navigator and Voyager...

OK, thank you so far...

Is it sure that she will be dry-docked in 2016? I hope prior to her possible TA/Europe-season...

Yes, in 2014 she got some new staff like a movie screen on the pooldeck, Giovannis table and the dgital way-finders... but sadly not as much as Navigator and Voyager...

That's the current rumor, but there's nothing sure in the Royal world.;)