Bar Prices

getaway101

Martini bar drinks are $10 which is only covered by the premium package. Some have reported they were able to request smaller versions to accommodate the classic package restrictions but I wouldn't bank on it.

I had the premium package last week, so I wasn't really watching closely, but I did not see any smaller martinis being made. The bar staff did a very good job of telling people if their drinks were covered under their respective packages, as long as people had their cards out.

With so many people having packages now, I think the days of smaller martinis may be over. In my opinion it is well worth the upgrade...actually even at full price the martinis at the ice bar are well worth the price.

Does anyone know if Celebrity has any Martini's for $8.00? Will I have to upgrade to the Premium Package to get a Cosmo for example?:confused:

The Marini Bar makes their Cosmo with Grey Goose, Cointreau, and Cranberry juice. It is a large drink.

The other bars gives you a smaller Cosmo but make it with Absolute, Triple Sec and cranberry juice.

We had the premium package and my wife ordered a Cosmo in the theater, we gave the server our card and it had the premium sticker on it. She got a small one and said that it didn't taste as good as the one from the Martini Bar. We asked at the Martini Bar about being served that small drink and not tasting the same. The BT said that the difference is the Martini bar only serves large drinks, different recipes, and premium liquor. The other bars give the smaller drinks and don't use premium Liqour. If you ask with a premium package they will use the premium liquor if they have it.

You can also try the Classic Package and then if it is not working for you you can upgrade for the remaining days paying only for the days left.

We found it a lot easier to upgrade and not worry about being charged for a drink over the limit and found that most drinks for us weren't covered by the Classic.

I remember a thread some time ago that said bartenders at the martini bar would make a small martini that qualified under the Classic package.

Still true? Anyone ever/ever tried to order a "small martini"" under the classic package?

amazing how many threads here just have incorrect information.....often, unfortunately, and completely innocently, caused by getting bad info on board and then repeating it is celebrity policy. This is happening more and more...eg. the poster who was told by a waiter that if you are in blu and decide to eat in the MDR one night, you can never come back to blu....but I digress.

The martini bar has two size martini glasses and they can make either size. The "default" size is the larger glass, but they certainly have the smaller glass as well. They also have all of the same vodkas as other bars...they don't "only use premium vodka". You should have no problem getting a regular/standard size well vodka martini in the martini bar....and if the bartender/waiter there gives you a "no we can't do that", ask them to call the food and wine manager. By the way, you can order any vodka from the martini bar in any bar on the ship as well....I often have stoli elit at various bars.

By the way, you can order any vodka from the martini bar in any bar on the ship as well....I often have stoli elit at various bars.

If you are referring to my post I am just passing along what the BT at he Martini Bar told me.

I also wrote that you can get premium liquor at the other bars if you ask for it.

The OP also asked about getting a Cosmo under the Classic and I wrote that you could and pointed out the difference.

I have seen that the Martini bar has two different size glasses but the smaller ones were only used for the flights or demonstrations.

If you are referring to my post I am just passing along what the BT at he Martini Bar told me.

I also wrote that you can get premium liquor at the other bars if you ask for it.

The OP also asked about getting a Cosmo under the Classic and I wrote that you could and pointed out the difference.

I have seen that the Martini bar has two different size glasses but the smaller ones were only used for the flights or demonstrations.

Unfortunately, sometimes the folks on the ships don't know so they guess (or say what they believe to be right). Actually, they have three size glasses...one for their "standard size", the normal size used at other bars and the cute ones used for the flights.

amazing how many threads here just have incorrect information.....often, unfortunately, and completely innocently, caused by getting bad info on board and then repeating it is celebrity policy. This is happening more and more...eg. the poster who was told by a waiter that if you are in blu and decide to eat in the MDR one night, you can never come back to blu....but I digress.

The martini bar has two size martini glasses and they can make either size. The "default" size is the larger glass, but they certainly have the smaller glass as well. They also have all of the same vodkas as other bars...they don't "only use premium vodka". You should have no problem getting a regular/standard size well vodka martini in the martini bar....and if the bartender/waiter there gives you a "no we can't do that", ask them to call the food and wine manager. By the way, you can order any vodka from the martini bar in any bar on the ship as well....I often have stoli elit at various bars.

So, does that mean that the "small" martini is covered by the classic package?:confused:

So, does that mean that the "small" martini is covered by the classic package?:confused:

:confused: How can we find this out for sure :confused: Should we just wait till we are on board and ask at the Martini Bar? Also......to anyone who has recently done one of these 123go cruises.....do you find the bars extremely crowded now?

:confused: How can we find this out for sure :confused: Should we just wait till we are on board and ask at the Martini Bar? Also......to anyone who has recently done one of these 123go cruises.....do you find the bars extremely crowded now?

Who knows? :confused:

Maybe the classic package will get you a small martini at the martini bar, maybe it can't, maybe no one has asked the bartender recently....:p

Archived