who to email for complaint

hulamoon

We like Celebrity however we have a complaint concerning a booking. We booked a cruise and they and my TA made an error. it cost me over 1100 in obc. i know there have been some staff changes who do i address my concern to?

They both made an error? Are you a Captain's Club member? I would contact them at 1-800-760-0654, but I would also contact your TA and escalate until you can speak with a decision maker. It's really hard to answer your question w/o more details, but from what you've given, that's a start.

The TA says it is both their error. I spoke to both for a week while making several bookings, so i believe this is true. I will give CC a call but I believe this needs to go to the top.

Last year many cruise critic members emailed the president over many issues. but i know there has been a change of staff.

I think it depends what you want to happen. For a general complaint you can either just email customer service through the contact info on Celebrity's web site or contact the CEO.

Email info for the CEO is in this thread: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1694298

Your TA caused you to loose over $1,000, admits the error, isn't resolving it and they are still your TA? I would cancel and drop my TA if they did that to me. It is their job to straighten out problems, not yours, and if they are not doing their job you should fire them and either find someone who will (another TA) or do it yourself (book direct with Celebrity).

If you want to find someone at Celebrity who will resolve the problem then I've read some threads where people say they talked to the "problem resolution" department at Celebrity. Maybe if you called and asked for that department you could get through. At the same time I've always been under the impression that if you're booked through a TA then Celebrity won't discuss your basic cruise booking directly through you.

I think it depends what you want to happen. For a general complaint you can either just email customer service through the contact info on Celebrity's web site or contact the CEO.

Email info for the CEO is in this thread: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1694298

Your TA caused you to loose over $1,000, admits the error, isn't resolving it and they are still your TA? I would cancel and drop my TA if they did that to me. It is their job to straighten out problems, not yours, and if they are not doing their job you should fire them and either find someone who will (another TA) or do it yourself (book direct with Celebrity).

If you want to find someone at Celebrity who will resolve the problem then I've read some threads where people say they talked to the "problem resolution" department at Celebrity. Maybe if you called and asked for that department you could get through. At the same time I've always been under the impression that if you're booked through a TA then Celebrity won't discuss your basic cruise booking directly through you.

That's exactly right....AND.......Celebrity called my TA to let them know I'd called and my TA called me and told me I shouldn't call them for ANY questions :eek:....I thought it was pretty stupid...I had a few questions about our cruise tour part of our trip...I think it's nonsense. :rolleyes: After all, Celebrity is still making a profit from me and why should I have to call the TA...then the TA calls Celebrity and then the TA calls me back.....:rolleyes: :mad:...I don't get it.

Just guessing but since Celebrity doesn't normally give out OBC more than about $500, its probably something your travel agent promised mistakenly but Celebrity didn't honor because its was an overlapping OBC issue.

As long as you have it in writing that something they promised wasn't delivered, press your travel agent to honor it, since th e booking was made with them not Celebrity

Just a thought, but have found written letters (vice email) get a better response and assignment. Usually if you use the Ask Michael Bayley email it just gets routed to customer service, if you address it specifically to the Group VP of Sales, it usually gets answered by group VP of Sales. Can send you his address if you like

That's exactly right....AND.......Celebrity called my TA to let them know I'd called and my TA called me and told me I shouldn't call them for ANY questions :eek:....I thought it was pretty stupid...I had a few questions about our cruise tour part of our trip...I think it's nonsense. :rolleyes: After all, Celebrity is still making a profit from me and why should I have to call the TA...then the TA calls Celebrity and then the TA calls me back.....:rolleyes: :mad:...I don't get it.

Sorry, but it is me that doesn't get it. You decided to hire a TA to work with you on your reservation, probably, like most of us, because they offered some type of benefit, such as OBC or covering gratuities, that the cruise line didn't.

There is no reason why Celebrity should now be taking calls from you because you aren't their contact any longer. If you look at it from Celebrity's point of view, they don't want to get caught up in a situation where your TA isn't aware of what is going on because you have kept them out of the loop. That can cause some bad feelings for everybody involved.

Like any other situation, when you hire someone to represent you, they are the people who are supposed to be acting in your best interests and contacting the other party. The cruise line understandably doesn't want to get caught in the middle of an "I said, they said" situation. Think of when you were a kid and you'd first ask your mother for something, and if she said "No", you'd then ask your father hoping he'd say "Yes". If he did, that can never turn out good! :D

As others have said, if it was your TA's error, not sure what you expect Celebrity to do about it.

A couple years ago my TA misquoted a cruise. I questioned it at the time and they advised me the pricing was right. When it came to final payment they let me know they had made a mistake, but it was their mistake and they would deal with it.

I still deal with that TA and have booked 5-6 more cruises through them. Mistakes do happen... great when people take responsibility for those mistakes.

Please provide additional details about what the complaint it and why you hope to have Celebrity fix it.

Sorry, but it is me that doesn't get it. You decided to hire a TA to work with you on your reservation, probably, like most of us, because they offered some type of benefit, such as OBC or covering gratuities, that the cruise line didn't.

There is no reason why Celebrity should now be taking calls from you because you aren't their contact any longer. If you look at it from Celebrity's point of view, they don't want to get caught up in a situation where your TA isn't aware of what is going on because you have kept them out of the loop. That can cause some bad feelings for everybody involved.

Like any other situation, when you hire someone to represent you, they are the people who are supposed to be acting in your best interests and contacting the other party. The cruise line understandably doesn't want to get caught in the middle of an "I said, they said" situation. Think of when you were a kid and you'd first ask your mother for something, and if she said "No", you'd then ask your father hoping he'd say "Yes". If he did, that can never turn out good! :D

1000000% correct.

You hired a TA to be your voice, your go between. Yes, Celebrity is making money off your booking, but if you want to look at it that way, they are making less money because you went to a TA (as they are paying commission to them) so why shouldn't they get a service for what they are paying the TA.

All that said, it really does sound here like your TA is in error. If they made the error, well, it should be corrected. They will unfortunately have to pay the price but unfortunately that's how it works in the TA world. You can't make promises that you aren't 100% sure you can keep. Unfortunately people aren't so good at reading the "fine print" on all these deals, so it is pretty easy to make a false promise if you're not detailed enough.

Many people find this frustrating. I did at first, but have come to understand it. A person can book the cruise directly with the cruiseline. In that case the cruiser is the cruiseline's client, and the cruiseline handles questions and issues. the cruiser can call the line when help is needed.

alternatively, the potential cruise can select a travel agent. if the travel agent does the booking, the travel agent "owns" the booking. the travel agent is then the cruiseline's direct client. the cruiser must call the agent who owns the booking, then the TA contacts the cruiseline.

if you want to be able to call the cruiseline yourself and handle details yourself, book directly with the cruiseline...no middle man.

if you want a travel agent to give you advice (or a booking bonus or whatever), then use a TA...in that case, call the TA and let the agent earn their commission.

Many people find this frustrating. I did at first, but have come to understand it. A person can book the cruise directly with the cruiseline. In that case the cruiser is the cruiseline's client, and the cruiseline handles questions and issues. the cruiser can call the line when help is needed.

alternatively, the potential cruise can select a travel agent. if the travel agent does the booking, the travel agent "owns" the booking. the travel agent is then the cruiseline's direct client. the cruiser must call the agent who owns the booking, then the TA contacts the cruiseline.

if you want to be able to call the cruiseline yourself and handle details yourself, book directly with the cruiseline...no middle man.

if you want a travel agent to give you advice (or a booking bonus or whatever), then use a TA...in that case, call the TA and let the agent earn their commission.

I called the cruise tour dept. with a few questions regarding hotels they would be using for the pre cruise part...it wasn't really a big deal. I'll stick to my thoughts...I did not get and OBC from my TA but the cost was less than booking directly with X.

I had some questions last year too when we booked Azamara through a TA, and called Azamara direct. I know they all owned by RCCL but Azamara was not petty....I see nothing wrong with a phone call to the cruise tour department.

I called the cruise tour dept. with a few questions regarding hotels they would be using for the pre cruise part...it wasn't really a big deal. I'll stick to my thoughts...I did not get and OBC from my TA but the cost was less than booking directly with X.

I had some questions last year too when we booked Azamara through a TA, and called Azamara direct. I know they all owned by RCCL but Azamara was not petty....I see nothing wrong with a phone call to the cruise tour department.

I was unhappy too when I first encountered the issue. Bu after experiencing it with a few cruiselines and trying to look at it from the other side, I started to understand it. It is especially unfortunate if your travel agent is not helpful or difficult to reach(bad agent, busy agent, health problem, left agency, etc). Anyway, you saved money using an agent, now have the agent do their job earn their commission...if the agent will not take care of your needs, perhaps the money saved in an adequate compensation. if not either get another agent next time or book direct.

I was unhappy too when I first encountered the issue. Bu after experiencing it with a few cruiselines and trying to look at it from the other side, I started to understand it. It is especially unfortunate if your travel agent is not helpful or difficult to reach(bad agent, busy agent, health problem, left agency, etc). Anyway, you saved money using an agent, now have the agent do their job earn their commission...if the agent will not take care of your needs, perhaps the money saved in an adequate compensation. if not either get another agent next time or book direct.

I'm not in disagreement with this...I may find a new TA. From everything I've read about booking with X directly, I don't think I want to go that route. When their website improves and you get the same answer from their agents that answer the phone, I will consider it...until then there is now way I would book directly with X.

I'm not in disagreement with this...I may find a new TA. From everything I've read about booking with X directly, I don't think I want to go that route. When their website improves and you get the same answer from their agents that answer the phone, I will consider it...until then there is now way I would book directly with X.

I have found it quite easy to book through the Celebrity website and have done so with every cruise we've taken with them, and no problems were ever encountered. But, with almost every cruise, we did transfer the booking to a TA who then offered additional benefits I didn't get with Celebrity. If changes are needed, including price drops, they contact Celebrity and make the arrangements for me after I send them an email describing what I want.

I consider this approach a win-win situation for me. I get to book exactly what I want by going directly to Celebrity initially without having to explain all my particular preferences (I do lots of research first, however, including here on CruiseCritic). And then transfer to the TA for additional benefits, not the least being that they usually have more clout with Celebrity if something goes wrong.

We have two TAs we trust and they have been very good business partners when changes are needed or issues arise.

I have found it quite easy to book through the Celebrity website and have done so with every cruise we've taken with them, and no problems were ever encountered. But, with almost every cruise, we did transfer the booking to a TA who then offered additional benefits I didn't get with Celebrity. If changes are needed, including price drops, they contact Celebrity and make the arrangements for me after I send them an email describing what I want.

I consider this approach a win-win situation for me. I get to book exactly what I want by going directly to Celebrity initially without having to explain all my particular preferences (I do lots of research first, however, including here on CruiseCritic). And then transfer to the TA for additional benefits, not the least being that they usually have more clout with Celebrity if something goes wrong.

We have two TAs we trust and they have been very good business partners when changes are needed or issues arise.

Please be aware I am new to cruising so not as knowledgeable as most of you on here. I did not know I could book and then rebook with a TA...I would be very interested tolean more from you. If you want, please e-mail me at mrs gumbah at aol dot com. If we're going to continue to cruise, I need to be more informed...would appreciate any tips you can give. If you e-mail me...put cc member or something in the subject line. Thank you.

Nancy & Tom -- not to go too far OT, here, but this might help: We always book directly through X, but only by phone. In our early days of cruising, we couldn't find a TA we liked, and found it frustrating that the cruise line could not talk to us, when we were represented by a TA. We've never had problems booking with RC or X by phone. However, we don't feel comfortable booking through the website. In our experience, even on-line check-in can be a real headache!

One thing that we are always careful to do is to keep a paper trail of our reservation. Any time we do anything to modify our reservation (price drop, cabin change, etc), we ask the customer service rep to e-mail us an updated "confirmation copy" or invoice. We keep all of those copies, until after the cruise. Over the years, this has worked really well for us. :cool:

Sorry guys..having technical difficulties. None of the posts forwarded.

Last year almost everyone booked on our roll call addressed the president when fares shifted significantly. All reported getting a bone thrown their way. But this is not my problem I just wanted to know who could objectively look at this problem at celebrity as my agency says they are half to blame and would not consider any upgrades or compensation. I realize there is a new staff.

Last December I booked pre 123 go on the 1000 Europe promo plus the agencies obc was over 2000 plus I got free grats and classic pkg. ok i bought two cruises under this arrangement. Yes, I know it was too good to be true but I verified with two different managers it was legit. Soon after this I began a transpacific move, hard drive did not survive move but I hope to find notes and original booking this weekend. During the move I got a call and was told the deal was an error just as much agencies fault as celebrities but not to worry the new deal would have same value. Turns out it was not the same value by quite a bit. I am down about 1000 obc. now..there was no 123 go at the time, it was a trial balloon I think. In the meantime I upgraded twice.

It is no ones fault I moved, no ones fault I could not verify my original deal except mine. But when I realized the credit was so much lower I asked for some thing, upgrade, dinner something. I was told celebrity offered go package on future cruise I will likely cancel so I stated I would rather we Deal with this on the cruise the error was made. Not cancelling due to anger, we have many less vacation days now. My agency threw in an extra 90. I would have been happy with a s1 rather than s2, thrilled actually.

I have yet to find perfection in an agency. I am in awe of those who have. Thanks to cc though I don't usually require perfection.

I am going to have a good time and I appreciate everyone reminding me my agency needs to take more responsibility. I asked them who to speak to and they gave a phone number a very kind woman who listened very well suggested I try conference call with celebrity and agency. As soon as I find my original booking notes I will have that call.

johnnyT please send me the address that gets attention. Thank you.

If your a Captain Club Member I have had good results and prompt attention to my questions from...

In addition, if you have any questions or concerns regarding your upcoming cruise, please do not hesitate to contact our specialized team for pre-cruise support. Our representatives are here Monday through Friday, from 8:00 am to 11:00 pm (EST), and Saturday and Sunday, from 9:00 am to

8:00 pm (EST).

You may contact the Celebrity Experience Team by calling 800-590-6221 or emailing CelebrityExperience@celebrity.com. Our goal is to ensure you have a truly unique cruising experience

Since you don't have copies of the e-mails (at least right now) I'd ask the TA for copies of the e-mails/confirmations they sent.

At this point I think it's up to your TA to make good as most of the offers seem to have been from them.

I would also check with X as well as another TA or two and see what they can offer on the same cruises. Perhaps with the 1,2,3 as well as maybe a Celebrity Savings certificate that now might apply.... who knows.

Good luck. And glad to see you aren't going to let this interfere with your cruise.

Aloha Everyone,

Just wanted to say our TA resolved the issue with full installment of obc that was removed. only one small detail left and I am ready to go!

Thanks for the shot of courage, to keep asking. :)

Archived