Hard beds or soft on Sapphire Princess

frecgenswl82

Just off the Sapphire two days ago. D322 had pillow top mattress. Very comfortable. Pillows were a bit firm but still slept great. There is something about being rocked to sleep that overcomes non-optimal pillows for me.

Jackie

Shortly we will be on the Sapphire C753. I noticed someone that was on it 3/12 said still old mattress. Anyone recently? I was thinking about buying

an eggcrate topper and bringing it. Sometimes those foam mattress pads they put on are really filthy looking or very thin.

DW and I are relatively new to cruising - our previous experience was on HAL (the Amsterdam for a two-week Alaska cruise last July). In our deluxe veranda suite the beds were good by hotel standards, but not quite good enough for my demanding back. We will be sailing on the Sapphire Princess (another suite) next November and I wonder if anyone could compare the relative merits of the beds on the two lines? I'm seriously considering bringing one of those two-story inflatable beds to accommodate my back. Anyone experienced with both lines out there?

Shortly we will be on the Sapphire C753. I noticed someone that was on it 3/12 said still old mattress. Anyone recently? I was thinking about buying

an eggcrate topper and bringing it. Sometimes those foam mattress pads they put on are really filthy looking or very thin.

Best stateroom in the world; enjoy!! :D

San Diego Sue, I will be in that stateroom in a week and a half, so I'll let you know! I'm curious about this myself!

Archived