Choice Air - Simple Question (from ppl who have used it plz)

scomar

I would like a simple answer to a simple question to those of you who have used "Choice Air".

Would you book your air fare for your cruise with "Choice Air"?

Thanks for making our cruise better!

Scomar

That's not really a simple question nor is there a simple answer. There are a lot of variables in play. Is it domestic or international? Who is the carrier? Do they have refundable fees available? Are the prices comparable?

Choice Air is just another option among many. Find the best rate, with the most favorable terms and book it.

We booked a 1-way flight to Rome through Choice Air for our cruise last year. We got a very good fare, so I probably would use them again. However, the airlines change their schedules so often, be sure to check your flight regularly. Then if the flight is changed or cancelled, call the Choice Air person who does rebooking for your cruise (or call the airline) to book another flight.

Simply No. I used them for my first cruise and paid much higher than had I booked it myself.

Did you compare prices beforehand? Maybe it is just the bargain hunter in me but I cannot imagine booking flights without knowing I was getting the best deal with the best terms possible!:D

I will say this, ChoiceAir is not always the best options. It has some good things going for it, and on some flights you can save hundreds! BUT - never assume it is the best deal.

Choice Air has very good one-way fares to Europe. For purely domestic travel, Choice Air is a bit more expensive than airline websites because of the $15pp non-refundable booking fee.

One really nice feature of Choice Air is the ability to book a fare type called "Flex". This allows you to reserve the flight, freeze the price, but not have to pay until cruise final payment. If you have to cancel the cruise, you are only out the Choice Air booking fee.

I used choiceair to Rome on a OW flight from the states with a connecting flight. The airline changed the times to make the time between flights dangerously small. Then, Hurricane Sandy came and choiceair was no help at all and fortunately, the airline allowed me to change my first flight to make the flight to Rome. I would have avoided a lot of trouble and hours on the phone if I had booked directly. Remember, they help you make it to your cruise on time. That sounds great, but I wanted to spend five days precruise in Rome and that was of no importance to them. If I had let them advocate for me, it would have cost me 2-3 days in Rome. Their customer service was rather poor and gave poor and inaccurate advice.

So, would I book again through Choiceair? Only if there was a huge price difference and I had some real wiggle room in my schedule. For example, now that I am retired, I would consider booking them for a west bound TA. If the flight was delayed for a day in Europe post cruise, that would be no problem. An east bound flight to Europe might still be a problem.

Did you compare prices beforehand? Maybe it is just the bargain hunter in me but I cannot imagine booking flights without knowing I was getting the best deal with the best terms possible!:D

I will say this, ChoiceAir is not always the best options. It has some good things going for it, and on some flights you can save hundreds! BUT - never assume it is the best deal.

That was my first cruise and to Europe so I assumed booking with Choice Air would be a good deal but absolutely not.

This time to Europe I did compare and Choice Air was always $50 to $100 more thus I booked elsewhere.

No, they have extremely poor customer service. I tried booking airfare on the weekend and it was horrific. No one was able to help with questions that needed to be answered after I booked the fare. They were promising that they would call back...never did. I had to wait on the phone for over 1 hour twice...without exaggeration, and still no one was able to help. Perhaps others had success, but just don't do anything on the weekend.

That's not really a simple question nor is there a simple answer. There are a lot of variables in play. Is it domestic or international? Who is the carrier? Do they have refundable fees available? Are the prices comparable?

Choice Air is just another option among many. Find the best rate, with the most favorable terms and book it.

Yes it is a simple question. I take the blame as to you not understanding it to be simple. Maybe I should have been more clear, so here it goes. I have been flying on commercial airlines for over 40 years. I know all the ins and outs of finding cheap air fare. I guess what I really should have asked was, is it easy, good customer service, any issues that you had dealing with them, and so on. Simply was it a good experience?!

I ALWAYS check all options when flying. I would be a fool not to with the way air fares can rapidly change. I did get on Air Choice and saw they actually had cheaper air fare than on the airlines websites (flying to San Juan anyways), thanks for your input anyways and sorry if I did not clarify my question well enough.

Simply No. I used them for my first cruise and paid much higher than had I booked it myself.

Awww, thank you blonde1981! You knew what I meant:)

Also thanks to all of you that replied I appreciate you making our crusie better!

Awww, thank you blonde1981! You knew what I meant:)

Also thanks to all of you that replied I appreciate you making our crusie better!

Yeah when you said yes or no answer I figured that would be good enough and if you wanted more you'd ask later. lol

Archived