Weather early July?

BratDet

Hi all...Last year I was there late July...to mid August...hot hot hot!!!

This time..Venice on the 4th of July...

Is it reasonable to expect cooler/????....

Just finding it hard to figure out how hot to dress for?

Thoughts?

Bernadette

Hi all...Last year I was there late July...to mid August...hot hot hot!!!

This time..Venice on the 4th of July...

Is it reasonable to expect cooler/????....

Just finding it hard to figure out how hot to dress for?

Thoughts?

Bernadette

Reasonably HOT,but say cooler than Rome:D

Hi! I plan Italy for the middle/ end of September. Hope it’s not too hot there. I am also afraid of the floods in Venice. It will be a shame to come there and not to be able to walk along the streets. What is the best time for Venice?

Hi! I plan Italy for the middle/ end of September. Hope it’s not too hot there. I am also afraid of the floods in Venice. It will be a shame to come there and not to be able to walk along the streets. What is the best time for Venice?

September is a great time in Venice and in th Med. it will still be fairly warm. No floods in Venice until later in the fall.

We were in Rome and Naples in May one year and it was hotter than Hades. I would not plan a return trip to Rome in the Summer. I live in So California and the weather is similar, but trying to walk and sightsee in the heat was just unbearable. In Naples we were buying 1 bottle of water to drink and 1 to douse our heads and looking for shade every block.

I did a 12 day Med cruise the middle of Oct/beginning of Nov. The weather was great until we got to Venice on Oct 28th. The flooding had started and it poured rain, high winds, etc. for the 3 days we were there. They have removable walkways (think low tables) they put in San Marco Piazza as the water was about 2-3 feet deep.

Unless you have your heart set on July, or your tickets already bought, I'd change to later in the year. Early September would be my choice. But have a great trip, whatever you decide to do.

Archived