Pros and Cons of a very forward Cabin on Aurora

nelderwoman

Having booked a getaway cruise we have been allocated a very forward cabin on Aurora from Southampton. Am worried about how bumpy it may be, Bay of Biscay. Asked for a move, was told ship nearly fully booked, although cabins still for sale on line. May enquire about paying for upgrade. My DH thinks it will be OK and to stop stressing

What are your thoughts???

Having booked a getaway cruise we have been allocated a very forward cabin on Aurora from Southampton. Am worried about how bumpy it may be, Bay of Biscay. Asked for a move, was told ship nearly fully booked, although cabins still for sale on line. May enquire about paying for upgrade. My DH thinks it will be OK and to stop stressing

How far forward and on what deck?

The BOB can be like a Mill Pond, but also not like one at all!

and of course if the Bay is rough or anywhere else, it really does depend on conditions. If the wind and waves are hitting the ship on the stern quarter, then she will roll and you are better off further forward. If the wind and sea are on the bow, then she will pitch and it will be a bit uncomfortable. I've been through the Bay loads of times and even on a sailing boat. Like a millpond most of the time.

The suites are further forward than your cabin and think of the money they have paid ;)

so it might get bouncy, just chew on a TravelEeze or two

i always book forward cabins to be well away from the engines.

Last fall, I took a cruise on the Caribbean Princess (Azura looks like it is the same class ship). I was originally booked in an aft cabin and was "upgraded" to a forward cabin. I accepted the upgrade because I wanted to experience a forward cabin since I was considering booking forward cabins on Carnival (port hole for example). All of my previous cabins were either aft or mid-ship. It seemed to me that there was much more motion forward. I would be apprehensive about booking a forward cabin with friends that I knew were motion sensitive. It might not be bad at all, it depends on how rough the seas are. Jack

If you want to book a last minute cheap deal cruise then you put up with what you get or dont bothter going at all. Beggars cant be choosers and if you want the benefit of a cheap last minute deal take what they give you or dont go. What right does anyone have to demand a better cabin when these cheap deals were introduced to sell the cabins no one wants. You paid less than others and got a last minute deal so just put up with what you have.

I personally think there is no difference sailing midships compared to bow or stern. All the top suites are on the stern of ships now and that is no difference to having one right at the front. On Aurora the penthouse suites are at the front of the ship.

We have had inside forward cabins when seas have been less than pleasant. I am fortunate in that i don't suffer much and quite enjoy the ups and downs but Sally used to suffer a little. That was until she found Bonine chewable tablets. She takes them with her every time we cruise now and swears by them.

Pete

We have had inside forward cabins when seas have been less than pleasant. I am fortunate in that i don't suffer much and quite enjoy the ups and downs but Sally used to suffer a little. That was until she found Bonine chewable tablets. She takes them with her every time we cruise now and swears by them.

Pete

Thanks Pete

If you want to book a last minute cheap deal cruise then you put up with what you get or dont bothter going at all. Beggars cant be choosers and if you want the benefit of a cheap last minute deal take what they give you or dont go. What right does anyone have to demand a better cabin when these cheap deals were introduced to sell the cabins no one wants. You paid less than others and got a last minute deal so just put up with what you have.

I personally think there is no difference sailing midships compared to bow or stern. All the top suites are on the stern of ships now and that is no difference to having one right at the front. On Aurora the penthouse suites are at the front of the ship.

Hi Sutho

By all means come on my post to answer my questions but there is no need to be rude. It is none of your business which cruise I booked and how much I paid. I can ask for. Change just like anyone else, you don't know my circumstances. In future keep your bad manners to yourself

Pete

Thanks Pete. Will def take some tablets with me

Nothing rude about what I said. With some fares and prices you do not have the luxury to pick and choose cabin location. If you dont want an undesirable location then dont pick the cheap fares as all you will get is the cabins no one else wanted.

Its not rude, its just the cold hard truth and its the reason why cruise lines have cheap fares in the first place.

Hi Sutho

By all means come on my post to answer my questions but there is no need to be rude. It is none of your business which cruise I booked and how much I paid. I can ask for. Change just like anyone else, you don't know my circumstances. In future keep your bad manners to yourself

Nelderwoman, It is entirely up to you if you want to ask for a change of cabin and you don't need to explain yourself to anyone.:rolleyes: Hope you have a great cruise whatever.:D

They can ask all they like. If the ship is full and the only cabins left are forward they have zero chance of getting a change. When you book a cheap last minute fare you have to put up with getting the cains that no one else wants. Its just the way things go.

Nelderwoman, It is entirely up to you if you want to ask for a change of cabin and you don't need to explain yourself to anyone.:rolleyes: Hope you have a great cruise whatever.:D

Thanks Trish

Thats why I always ask advice on CC so many lovely people, but as I have now found out, not everyone

Happy cruising everyone

Thanks Trish

Thats why I always ask advice on CC so many lovely people, but as I have now found out, not everyone

Happy cruising everyone

Have a great time. I sailed from Venice for the 1st time in October and it was fabulous. :cool:

As you can see here from the terms and conditions on P&O's website, you have no right to a better cabin at all.

Payment in full is required at the time of booking and cancellation charges are 100% from time of booking. Bookings will be made at the minimum grade within each cabin category without a cabin number on all cruises within the Getaway promotion. Cabin numbers will be allocated no later than 14 days before departure. Once a Getaway booking has been made, no amendments are permitted. Any amendment to a Getaway booking will be treated as a cancellation. P&O Cruises reserves the right to withdraw this offer at any time without notice.

I am not being rude, but with the above terms and conditions you cant expect to book a cruise and end up with the best cabin in the category you booked. Those fares are cheap for a reason. As I said beggars cant be choosers. Just got to live with what was offered or not book at all under that fare system.

Archived