Anybody tried Costa?

Costa looks interesting too! Been wanting to try other cruise lines departing Singapore. Their ships aren't really big right? probably ranging from 80k+ tonnes to 110K+ tonnnes?

Sth out of relevance, I'd love to see how the Sapphire Princess fares though since it's coming in end of next year and costing a few hundred Singapore dollars more than Legend OTS.

We sailed on Magica about 7 years ago to Bermuda and one time on Costa was enough for me. I didn't like the food at all - and I have traveled to Italy several times and really enjoy Italian food. After 50+ cruises, Costa is the only line I would never sail on again.

How can anybody cruise on Costa??? With all those rude Italian people??? :mad:

I'm 100% Italian (I was born near Florence) and I did not find that comment, very amusing!!!

I did cruised Costa, and I did not liked it!!! And there very many rude and drunk American people....:D

Have sailed Costa several times, including on the Concordia. The cruises were all just fine.

We've sailed Carnival more often than Costa, even though it is our least favorite mainstream cruise line. Sometimes itinerary, cost and convenience win out over the quality of the cruise line.

3 reasons to NOT cruise Costa (no matter what):

1. Carnival

2. Carnival

3. Carnival

Enough said. NEVER.

I've never sailed Costa, neither have I sailed on Carnival.

But I have Singaporean friends and colleagues who have sailed on both Costa and Royal, on sailings out of Singapore.

From what they tell me, Costa isn't that bad.

Costa looks interesting too! Been wanting to try other cruise lines departing Singapore. Their ships aren't really big right? probably ranging from 80k+ tonnes to 110K+ tonnnes?

Sth out of relevance, I'd love to see how the Sapphire Princess fares though since it's coming in end of next year and costing a few hundred Singapore dollars more than Legend OTS.

Princess won't come cheap. They are a premium cruise line, supposedly better than Royal Caribbean.

Is this based on personal experience? Perhaps from your one Carnival cruise 28 years ago? :D

No, dozens and dozens of clients complaining about Carnival, working with them, and several short itineraries done in the last couple of years. Tried them again and again, (three times), still the same ol crap. NEVER again.

If you feel like that why did you sail on Cunard:confused:

I took a group of seniors on the inaugural season of the QM2 just out of curiosity. Wasn't too thrilled with that cruise either, but far better than any Carnival ship I have been on. I have also tried Princess and liked Princess. In fact, I have Princess booked for Christmas simply because it does the Aruba route out of FLL instead of SJU. We'll see. RC is simply my favorite, and in my opinion, no one does it better. Didn't like Celebrity either, although I would cruise them again. Too many foodies and things that weren't of interest to me (like lounges and the emphasis on drinking/gourmet food). I'm a much more active cruiser.

3 reasons to NOT cruise Costa (no matter what):

1. Carnival

2. Carnival

3. Carnival

Enough said. NEVER.

My exact thoughts. If I want to try European (Italian) line, I would go with MSC again. Almost 0 announcements, yes they did have bingo, but no announcements. I enjoy different languages, but the only time we heard them was in the Theater. Production show everyday, smaller scale entertainment was terrific (in every lounge). Beautiful decor, stylish... somewhat similar to RCCL (not horrible Joe Farcus Carnival/Costa creations)

No, dozens and dozens of clients complaining about Carnival, working with them, and several short itineraries done in the last couple of years. Tried them again and again, (three times), still the same ol crap. NEVER again.

Have you considered updating your signature to include these other cruises that you took?

Princess won't come cheap. They are a premium cruise line, supposedly better than Royal Caribbean.

In this case price does not reflect it. Royal often charges premium prices because of all innovations and popularity.

Archived