My Guess: Majesty Out/Vision In

Lookimg at the RCI Website and being a little creative, I am guessing that the Majesty will leave the fleet a year after it's older sister, Monarch, in April 2014.

At that time, Vision is scheduled to do a strange 2 night repositioning to Miami, with no other cruises scheduled from there... yet.

Royal have announced their Europe itineraries and Vision is not going back there... I cannot imagine her sailing the Caribbean for the summer, so why else sail back to Miami?

The cruises the Vision was doing in Panama are not needed anymore, as sister line Pullmantur are positioning the Monarch year round out of Colon.

In 2014 Pullmantur is transferring the Zenith to CDF, leaving Pullmantur with only two ships in the Med, Sovereign and Empress, leaving space for Majesty to join their fleet.

I have nothing to base this on except intuition. But it kinda makes sense...

Lookimg at the RCI Website and being a little creative, I am guessing that the Majesty will leave the fleet a year after it's older sister, Monarch, in April 2014.

At that time, Vision is scheduled to do a strange 2 night repositioning to Miami, with no other cruises scheduled from there... yet.

Royal have announced their Europe itineraries and Vision is not going back there... I cannot imagine her sailing the Caribbean for the summer, so why else sail back to Miami?

The cruises the Vision was doing in Panama are not needed anymore, as sister line Pullmantur are positioning the Monarch year round out of Colon.

In 2014 Pullmantur is transferring the Zenith to CDF, leaving Pullmantur with only two ships in the Med, Sovereign and Empress, leaving space for Majesty to join their fleet.

Yes I too believe the Majesty will go as well but not in April. The 2014/2015 deployment schedules for Bahamas have not been released yet and will not be released until the end of this month. There are numerous ships that do not have schedules posted beyond April.

Looking at the RCI Website and being a little creative, I am guessing that the Majesty will leave the fleet a year after it's older sister, Monarch, in April 2014.

Same with me....but I am hoping a return to the west coast - from another forum:

In the process of looking at the RCCL calendar, I noticed an oddity - the calendar legend near the top of the page has colored boxes with text that says 'Mexico' and 'Pacific Northwest'.

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/findacruise/search/cruiseCalendar/home.do?cruiseCalMonth=3&cruiseCalYear=2014&x=19&y=7

These references were not there before the deployment schedule started appearing a month ago.

So I kept snooping around, and came across this site:

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/findacruise/ships/home.do?dest=PACIF

Sort of a generic page, but under Vision Class ships, it says "From Alaska to Hawaii, Mexico to Asia, our worldly Vision-class ships can take your curiosity just about anywhere. ....... " The text is pretty much up to date, but all of this may be an IT department that doesn't keep up on things. BUT - the link does not work when MEXCO (the generic code) is typed in that line :(

Maybe I'm getting a bit too excited on coincidences, but looking at the calendar, the Vision is about the only thing that could potentially be deployed here - April 2014. The bookings in Panama are very slow....as I can book the corner JS aft and both D1 corner afts on Thanksgiving week for very little money. :eek: Rumors of a Norway or Germany deployment, as well as extended Caribbean itineraries are being discussed. The latter would typically occur in the Fall/Winter.

Definitely holding my breath on all this, and the info on Quantum (although I think we won't get much of any info this week)

I'm not totally convinced the Bahamas market requires 2 ships. They took Monarch away from LA, and the prices dropped to almost nothing, as they couldn't fill the ship. They are relying on on-board spending....would really like to see how much that is. Even Enchantment is asking only $259 for a 3 day trip in May. I NEVER paid that little on any Monarch trip.

Interestingly, Navigator is listed in press releases for Europe 2014, but not scheduled yet either.

I really do not see them taking the 3/4 night cruises away from Miami.

Latest rumors we heard on Monarch's last cruise was that the Enchantment would end up down in Miami b/c it has a Bolero's and Granduer or Vision would be put in PC.

But who knows? Until the itins come out - it is just speculation and rumors.

As long as they leave a ship in Miami for our little weekend cruises, I will be happy with whatever Vision Class ship they put there.

• 1 month later...

Looks like the plan changed since we were on the Majesty in November. At that time we were told that the Majesty was sold and her last cruise with RCI would be April 14.

We will be back on this November and were actually thinking of going again for one of her last cruises in April.

Looks like the plan changed since we were on the Majesty in November. At that time we were told that the Majesty was sold and her last cruise with RCI would be April 14.

We will be back on this November and were actually thinking of going again for one of her last cruises in April.

April 27, 2015, is the last cruise scheduled.

R&D

Last cruise scheduled is April 2015 along with almost all of the fleet. 2015 schedules beyond this time will not be released until spring 2014.

• 4 weeks later...

So is it plausible to think that these weekend cruises will still continue, just on a different ship out of Miami & Port Everglades?

I'm guessing a "different" ship might be newer, roomier, and have better entertainment.

Speaking of entertainment... I sailed Majesty in autumn 2012, and have another Majesty booking coming up Feb 2014.

Since it's been 16 months between sailings, will they change the entertainment shows? Or will they be exactly the same? I saw a Boogie Woogie Wonderland show, and and aerial gymnastics performance, and a majician. Will they replace these or will it be exactly the same thing again?

So is it plausible to think that these weekend cruises will still continue, just on a different ship out of Miami & Port Everglades?

I'm guessing a "different" ship might be newer, roomier, and have better entertainment.

Speaking of entertainment... I sailed Majesty in autumn 2012, and have another Majesty booking coming up Feb 2014.

Since it's been 16 months between sailings, will they change the entertainment shows? Or will they be exactly the same? I saw a Boogie Woogie Wonderland show, and and aerial gymnastics performance, and a majician. Will they replace these or will it be exactly the same thing again?

The production shows (RC singers and dancers) will be the same. Headliners (magicians, comedians, etc.) will be different.

I think there are some truths and rumors mixed in here.

Lets look at facts:

1) This fall Vision also does a 1 or 2 (I forgot) day cruise to nowhere out of MIA between the transatlantic and transition to Panama. - the cruise he is referring to is this happeneing in reverse order.

2) if all other iteneraries were posted and the MJ was the only ones missing I would say it would be a good guess, but Its just too far out. However, it is a valid speculation to guess that as we all know the MJ will be leaving the fleet sometime in the near future.

3) To be blunt, anyone who thinks they will pull or leave open a ship for the 3/4 day market is insane. These are their "cash cow" cruises. They sell more alcohol by volume on one of these crusies then the 12 days out of Baltimore or New Jersey at times. (source: a bar mgr I am friends with). They make a lot of money on these short cruieses. When people say they have never seen them as cheap on the Monarch, I seem to remember them being as low as 119 for a 4 day before on there. (Not all the time but a short sale every now and or then).

With that being said, I think it will come down to the Vision, Grandeur or Rhapsody replacing the MJ WHEN the time comes. The Legend and Splendor are too small. (the baby sisters of the Vision class)

Just my 2 cents... let the flogging begin

I believe you mean Port Canaveral? And i'd say yes.

I think there are some truths and rumors mixed in here.

Lets look at facts:

1) This fall Vision also does a 1 or 2 (I forgot) day cruise to nowhere out of MIA between the transatlantic and transition to Panama. - the cruise he is referring to is this happeneing in reverse order.

2) if all other iteneraries were posted and the MJ was the only ones missing I would say it would be a good guess, but Its just too far out. However, it is a valid speculation to guess that as we all know the MJ will be leaving the fleet sometime in the near future.

3) To be blunt, anyone who thinks they will pull or leave open a ship for the 3/4 day market is insane. These are their "cash cow" cruises. They sell more alcohol by volume on one of these crusies then the 12 days out of Baltimore or New Jersey at times. (source: a bar mgr I am friends with). They make a lot of money on these short cruieses. When people say they have never seen them as cheap on the Monarch, I seem to remember them being as low as 119 for a 4 day before on there. (Not all the time but a short sale every now and or then).

With that being said, I think it will come down to the Vision, Grandeur or Rhapsody replacing the MJ WHEN the time comes. The Legend and Splendor are too small. (the baby sisters of the Vision class)

Just my 2 cents... let the flogging begin

Makes sense! I thought Vision, Explorer or Grandeur. I'd be happy with any of the three.

I want to see a ship stay in Baltimore as it is a short drive from home. Quantum will be very expensive for the first few years it is sailing out of Bayonne. Maybe they can replace Grandeur with a Radiance class ship. I have heard that Radiance class ships can fit under the Chesapeake Bay Bridge and the Francis Scott Key Bridge.

Mary Anne

Archived