Memorial Service on ship

There have been threads about RCCL helping with ashes being scattered at sea but have not seen anything about memorial services alone. Contact them and ask. I would guess they could help you arrange something.

Sorry for your loss.

. Will check with RCI about throwing a wreath or some flowers.

Overboard? :confused: Maybe Im just misunderstanding you but they will NOT do that. RCI is huge on "Save the waves" and want absolutely nothing going overboard from their ships.

Im sorry for your loss :) maybe they can do something special for you.

Overboard? :confused: Maybe Im just misunderstanding you but they will NOT do that. RCI is huge on "Save the waves" and want absolutely nothing going overboard from their ships.

Yes, I believe that they do allow something such as flowers to be thrown in the water. From what I have read they have a platform they take you to for such "events". I believe Trainman did the service with the ashes for his late wife. If they can do ashes, I don't see why they can't do flowers. I've already told my family this is the way I want to go, make them take me on one last cruise!

To the OP contact Royal and ask. I am sure they would be willing to help put something together.

I believe Trainman did the service with the ashes for his late wife.

He did. I remember it well. I just didnt think they would throw anything solid overboard at all.

I too have instructed my family that this is the way I want to go as well. My mom who is also my cruising buddy (if I pass away before she does) is to take some of my life insurance money, get the biggest suite on the ship, enjoy herself and have my service at sea just as Trainman did for his wife.

Yes, RCCL will allow it. WE did a burial at sea of my parents ashes. WE had a special pillow (bio-degradable) with their ashes in it. We also threw roses. RCCL was wonderful. It was on Allure and they took us to the helipad and we had the ceramony there and tossed the pillow over and flowers.

This year we were on Oasis and I took the paper work with where we tossed their ashes and asked if they could notify us when we would be in that area again so we could just know and toss flowers. THEY did call us to notify us when it would be.

Good luck...........

Yes, RCCL will allow it. WE did a burial at sea of my parents ashes. WE had a special pillow (bio-degradable) with their ashes in it. We also threw roses. RCCL was wonderful. It was on Allure and they took us to the helipad and we had the ceramony there and tossed the pillow over and flowers.

This year we were on Oasis and I took the paper work with where we tossed their ashes and asked if they could notify us when we would be in that area again so we could just know and toss flowers. THEY did call us to notify us when it would be.

Good luck...........

That's so nice. I'm glad they did that for you.

Archived