Carnival Conquest Guest Talent Show ?'s

patchofheaven

My son is a talented dancer (17 years old) and would love to showcase his talent on the June 9th Conquest cruise. I can't say that I've seen any Talent shows in the last few cruises (other than the Legends where guests sing). Is there anything like that for a teenager to show off his mad skills?

This is a short performance he did at the "Mr. Debonair" contest at his school. (btw he was crowned Mr. Debonair ;))

We are hoping the Valor will have one in June! Last summer on the Ecstacy my group (all pro dancers/dance teachers) rocked the Talent show! I swear they were better than the dancers on the ship.... Endless praise from everyone who watched. Our only regret was that we didn't know about it in advance so were throwing together similar outfitting onboard... this year if there will be one we plan to plan our costuming lol.

I remember on one of my past cruises they had a guest talent show and if I remember right they allowed you to basically do any talent that you wanted... There were dancers, singers, pianists, and other... The problem with this competition was that they kind of let anyone perform and some were just terrible... One of the people performing seriously told a 5 minute story and said her talent was story telling...

I remember on one of my past cruises they had a guest talent show and if I remember right they allowed you to basically do any talent that you wanted... There were dancers, singers, pianists, and other... The problem with this competition was that they kind of let anyone perform and some were just terrible... One of the people performing seriously told a 5 minute story and said her talent was story telling...

Our Ecstacy cruise talent show last summer wasn't bad... I like to say our group got the most applause, with their awesome dancing, & even threw in some acrobatic tricks. There were 2 different singers, both were pretty good, and like one other dancer, and I cant remember if anything else. There wasn't a lot and it was pretty good, that was my favorite night on the cruise!

The guest talent show has always been one of my favorite shows. We have had some outstanding talent and I love the variety. True it's not all great, but we've seen some unique performances due to the lack of censoring.

Some of my most memorable were Unchained Melody by a man who I am still convinced might have been a Righteous Brother (probably not, but he was spot on & awesome), opera, and a man who sang like an auctioneer!

BTW, I can't stand the Legends show. The real guest talent show is SO much better.

On several of our cruises, there were announcements in the Fun Times about the talent show. Sometimes they have the show, and it can be good or terrible; but several times they have canceled it because not enough passengers wanted to participate.

• 1 month later...

hi i have been on 16 cruises....and the last 7 day was in 2005...it appears that the ones i know about...carnival...rccl..and norweigan do do guest talent shows on 7 day or more sailings...i have never seen a talent show on shorter cruises....but i have seen a kareoke competiton on shorter ones

My son is a talented dancer (17 years old) and would love to showcase his talent on the June 9th Conquest cruise. I can't say that I've seen any Talent shows in the last few cruises (other than the Legends where guests sing). Is there anything like that for a teenager to show off his mad skills?

This is a short performance he did at the "Mr. Debonair" contest at his school. (btw he was crowned Mr. Debonair ;))

When I went on my Carnival Miracle cruise there was a guest talent show that my dance partner and I took part in (swing dance). The sign-ups weren't very well advertised but we had been keeping our eyes open for it. They also only allowed 5 acts or so, and at least 8-10 people showed up to sign up so roughly half were turned away. It was probably one of the best parts of the cruise though and throughout the rest of the cruise many of the passengers and staff recognized us as the swing dancers.

I just got off the Conquest last week and they did indeed have a Talent Show....however, it was for 18 and over.

There are 6 acts allowed.....

(of course, I sang!!)

Sadly, "Ecstasy" no longer has the talent show. It seems to be up to the C.D. whether it's offered or not. In the past, the talent show was offered on 4, 5 and 8 day cruises, and the "Legends Show" was on 7 day and longer cruises. (Yep, they had both on 8 day cruises.) That seems to have changed now, so you never know until you get aboard what you're gonna get. ;)

I too, LOVE doing the talent show, and appreciate the fact that it isn't a competition. They allow any "talent", except stand up comedy, and rap. (Once saw a guy do "rubiks cube"!) They usually allow anywhere from 5, to 8 acts. Once again,,,up to the C.D.

"SKY"

Archived