Guy’s Burger Joint

NJEMT29

Sorry, we just don't understand all the hype over these Guy's burgers. On our recent Breeze cruise, everyone in our party had the burgers. No one was impressed. They're just basic hamburgers. Yes, they have the toppings bar, but there is just so much grease. And no...the fries are nothing to write home about either. Just don't get it.

There is no accounting for taste. :rolleyes::D

Just like it could be raw and one or two might insist it were overcooked.

Luckily Carnival is all about choice. If there isn't something you like at some of the stations, check your pulse. :p

Well done, grease, cheese, lettuce, fries, greasy bun......I don't care just get me one NOW....Oh well, guess I'll have to wait 3 more weeks. Then I'll report back and let ya all know just how greasy and cheesy they are.

Guys burger is the only thing that saved me coming back from Cozumel. If it wasn't for that greasy burger I would have had a hang over the rest of the cruise. Thanks guy burgers for saving my vacation.

LOL....now I don't care who you are - THAT is funny!! ;) :D

I loved the Guy Burger from the first bite. I had the Pig Patty and man was it good.

It is true, they are NOT healthy eating burgers. One has to make sure to move and get some exercise--walking on the ship/shore, swimming, snorkeling, heck any kind of exercise is necessary to work off the calories of one burger. I had six on the Liberty and worked off the calories at some point each day walking walking, walking, walking, and walking some more...I may be on vacation, but that doesn't mean I am going to flake out and veg on a deck chair...no, I was already a crispy critter after the first port day of Half Moon Cay..and I mean CRISPY.....

I loved the burgers so much my fave burger place, Fat Burger, doesn't even compare to Guy's burgers.....think it is the best way to serve a burger, get the base burger and dress it yourself.....a little lettuce, lots of mayo, more bacon, and MUSHROOMS...

[quote name='jlk806']No monetary cost, but will pay in clogged arteries and gained body mass! :eek: Seriously I am not a mean person, but Guys Burgers have got to be among the worst items one can consume....[/QUOTE]

Sounds like Paradise!

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

[quote name='misguidedangel']I loved the Guy Burger from the first bite. I had the Pig Patty and man was it good.

It is true, they are NOT healthy eating burgers. One has to make sure to move and get some exercise--walking on the ship/shore, swimming, snorkeling, heck any kind of exercise is necessary to work off the calories of one burger. I had six on the Liberty and worked off the calories at some point each day walking walking, walking, walking, and walking some more...I may be on vacation, but that doesn't mean I am going to flake out and veg on a deck chair...no, I was already a crispy critter after the first port day of Half Moon Cay..and I mean CRISPY.....

I loved the burgers so much my fave burger place, Fat Burger, doesn't even compare to Guy's burgers.....think it is the best way to serve a burger, get the base burger and dress it yourself.....a little lettuce, lots of mayo, more bacon, and MUSHROOMS...[/quote]

Its not even a matter of walking off the calories. All the grease and fat is just gross. I guess to each is own. I am not a perfect eater but I wouldn't touch one of those with a 10 foot pole. If that's what you enjoy though, then great, enjoy! Ill hit the Mongolian wok for some stif fried veggies and noodles or a deli sandwich or the salad bar!

[quote name='lovesublime']Sorry, we just don't understand all the hype over these Guy's burgers. On our recent Breeze cruise, everyone in our party had the burgers. No one was impressed. They're just basic hamburgers. Yes, they have the toppings bar, but there is just so much grease. And no...the fries are nothing to write home about either. Just don't get it.[/quote]

Guess you've never had a White Castle burger either - greasy and they just slide down - yummmmmm. :D

[quote name='mek']Guess you've never had a White Castle burger either - greasy and they just slide down - yummmmmm. :D[/quote]

Actually, I've had White Castle burgers years ago while visiting family in Alabama. I thought they were tasty. We don't have White Castle here where we live.

To the poster asking about hotdogs. Breeze has a hot dog cart up by the mini golf. The hotdogs are good. The seadog cart seemed to be open every time we walked by although I don't know the official hours. Hotdogs were also offered in the evenings at the Tandoor on some nights along with sandwiches, salads and things like that. Tandoor.....Lido deck aft, next to the pizza.

[quote name='jlk806']Its not even a matter of walking off the calories. [COLOR=red][B]All the grease and fat is just gross.[/B][/COLOR] I guess to each is own. [COLOR=red][B]I am not a perfect eater but I wouldn't touch one of those with a 10 foot pole.[/B][/COLOR] If that's what you enjoy though, then great, enjoy! Ill hit the Mongolian wok for some stif fried veggies and noodles or a deli sandwich or the salad bar![/quote]

[SIZE=3]Just curious....but is this your feeling for all burgers - or just Guy's??[/SIZE]

[quote name='happy cruzin'][SIZE=3]Just curious....but is this your feeling for all burgers - or just Guy's??[/SIZE][/quote]

All burgers, really. Once in a while I will have a lowfat turkey burger. I only like very lean meat. Guys burgers and all that grease just makes me think that with the buttered bun and all those toppings, has to be in that one burger almost more calories than I generally intake in a day. I don't eat French fries or onion rings either though, nothing deep fried.

But if you like them, I apologize for sounding rude. Enjoy!

I am also 30 years old, a full time dance instructor, and weigh just about 125 pounds at 5'5.

Archived