Ice tea

LiMurr

Ok, I'm sure this seems like a silly question, but is the free ice tea on board already sweetened? I can't stand sugary ice tea, so I'll bring my own soda if it is. If not, no need to lug the soda along. Thanks!

Ok, I'm sure this seems like a silly question, but is the free ice tea on board already sweetened? I can't stand sugary ice tea, so I'll bring my own soda if it is. If not, no need to lug the soda along. Thanks!

Only in the American South do you have to ask for unsweet tea.

The iced tea served on NCL ships is not real tea. It is tea flavored water that comes from a syrup. It does have a sweet quality to it and it turns my stomach. I am a huge ice tea drinker but cannot drink that fake syrup stuff.

But no fear. You can make real fresh brewed iced tea at your table. Ask for a pot of tea and a few glasses of ice. Maybe you will be happy with the artificial tea but as a tea drinker, I am not.

The iced tea served on NCL ships is not real tea. It is tea flavored water that comes from a syrup. It does have a sweet quality to it and it turns my stomach. I am a huge ice tea drinker but cannot drink that fake syrup stuff.

But no fear. You can make real fresh brewed iced tea at your table. Ask for a pot of tea and a few glasses of ice. Maybe you will be happy with the artificial tea but as a tea drinker, I am not.

Really? Didn't know that about the tea. Maybe that is why my husband who normanly drinks sweet tea, has no problem with NCL's "unsweetened" tea:confused:

I love unsweetened iced tea and I thought the iced tea on the Jewel was gross. It's not real unsweetened tea. It's defiantly some sort of mix. There is some sweetness to it. At dinner I drank water instead.

I am a constant ice tea drinker. However, I think the ice tea onboard the NCL ships makes you thirsty. I don't add sugar either. I usually bring some Canada Dry Ginger Ale and Lipton Ice Tea in bottles onboard with me.

As others have mentioned, it's not real brewed iced tea. It's unsweetened, but it's some sort of tea-flavored drink, probably powder-based and I agree that it's syrupy. I'm not a fan.

Does anyone bring their own tea bags to make iced tea in their cabin? I don't have a problem drinking water instead, but DH doesn't seem to hydrate well enough on cruises, as he thinks the ship's water tastes a little funky and the iced tea is weird. :rolleyes:

As others have mentioned, it's not real brewed iced tea. It's unsweetened, but it's some sort of tea-flavored drink, probably powder-based and I agree that it's syrupy. I'm not a fan.

Does anyone bring their own tea bags to make iced tea in their cabin? I don't have a problem drinking water instead, but DH doesn't seem to hydrate well enough on cruises, as he thinks the ship's water tastes a little funky and the iced tea is weird. :rolleyes:

Lipton sells cold brew bags which make an ok ice tea. I usually throw some in the suitcase cause I too don't like the ice tea on the ship.

In other words, it's CANADIAN iced tea. DH is so happy .... :D

It's weird, since I'm sure they probably make it the same way all over the ship, but the tea in O'Sheehan's tasted better to me than the tea in the dining rooms.

Though, even in O'Sheehan's, it wasn't good ole sweet tea. So I usually just drank water. :)

I drink a lot of Iced Tea, but I really prefer fresh brewed tea. We are in a suite, will we be able to use the coffee maker to brew some tea and just add extra Ice and water? Thanks!

If you are on any ship but the Sun, you will have a Lavazza machine with pods for teas and coffee. Should be no problem to brew and then pour over ice. The Lemon Tea is particularly wonderful for this. ;)

If you are on any ship but the Sun, you will have a Lavazza machine with pods for teas and coffee. Should be no problem to brew and then pour over ice. The Lemon Tea is particularly wonderful for this. ;)

Thanks so much! We are on the Pearl next year, so that will work really well for me. I'm so excited, we just upgraded to a suite yesterday!

In other words, it's CANADIAN iced tea. DH is so happy .... :D

This Canadian has never experienced iced tea like that before except in the US. Here we drink Good Host powder mix or snapple in the bottle or even arizona iced tea. Imagine our surprise ordering iced tea in the US and getting real brewed cold tea :eek: we then thought we were smart and ask for sweetened ice tea and yet again we got real brewed cold tea :eek: We now resort to travelling with some mix with us :)

I would take my thermal mug (I packed 2 for the trip) ask for tea bags & then filled the mug with hot water. Added ice & I was good to go.

Every restaurant & the Java cafe were more than happy to give me hot water.

I tried the ice tea in the buffet but didn't like it at all. Luckily there were always tea bags available.

I was on the Jewel by the way.

Archived