Sailaway - Cabin or top deck

Looking for opinions on sailaway - from balcony or on top deck? Freedom 7414 with connecting room. Port Canavaral. Thanks for the input.

First off, we loved 7414! So peaceful and pretty back there. The JS was well appointed, too.

Even with that we always go up top for sailaway. The panoramic view is what we want at that time. Plus, that is where the action is. The excitement of embarking, the band playing. We enjoy that.

Always on our balcony with my Sweetie and glasses of wine.:)

Thats what I say. Now that you can bring wine onboard. Get some glasses from the bar and then enjoy sailaway with a glass in hand.

Sky Bar (either one) for a DOD prior to sailaway...just after muster.

Then, when the ship starts to move, we go to Top deck (12) forward

...just under the horns for sailaway. You can walk side to side for the

best views and pics.

After the 3 horn blasts while leaving port, and once sailing on

open ocean it is 'to the balcony' for wine until dinner.

:cool:

I know this was not the question being asked but I thought I would present it as an option in case it was not considered. On my next sailing I plan on being on the Helipad - accessible via deck 4.

Hope that helps!

DaddyBytes

Cabin balcony, but this last time, the stateroom attendant knocked just as the ship was passing by Fishlips. He was very nice and took excellent care of us, but this one time his timing could have been better. Ah well. Just means I have to go on another cruise.

Might try Deck 4 next time.

I know this was not the question being asked but I thought I would present it as an option in case it was not considered. On my next sailing I plan on being on the Helipad - accessible via deck 4.

Hope that helps!

DaddyBytes

I like to do that leaving St. Maarten. It's really pretty.

If you are looking for a party atmosphere definitely go to the top deck, nothing like it with the open seas all around you.

If, however, you are looking for a more toned down intimate experience stick with your balcony.

We tried the secret decks for our Allure sailaway last year and while it was nice to be up by the rail, we missed out on the excitement of being on the top decks with the party going on.

What's best for you is really dependent on what you prefer.

Oh, and for the person who said helipad, not all ships allow you out there :(.

Thank you for all the opinions. DW, myself, 3 kids and future son-in-law all traveling so I think it might be the top deck. 2 balconies might be a little crowded.

Never thought about leaving the different ports. That might be nice with a drink on the balcony. Send all the kids away for an hour and be alone with DW on the balcony.

Add to the thread now - what port is better - St. Martin or St. Thomas for sail away on the balcony?

We've always done top deck until this last cruise. We joined our friends on their balcony every day at sail away with a bottle of wine. That is now my new favorite for sail away. Thinking about it now makes me miss it :(

I like to be outside for sail away. We have most frequently been on the top deck. Did one for the promenade deck [4 or 5?] on Monarch and one from the VCL and the ourtdoor area just aft of it on Splendour. Never have done our balcony. We are generally with a large group and are generally with a good portion of them for sail away. A balcony would get crowded.

Archived