NCL Dawn Cat SB vs SC for group of 4 adults

quick23

Hello cruisers!

Looking at booking a suite for four adults onb the Dawn.

Would love to hear peoples opinions about the SB and Sc suites on this class of ship. I am trying to decide what would work better for us, the small second bedroom of an sc, or the bigger sb suite.

Thanks for your help!

John

We've sailed in both, and would definitely recommend the SC. If there are four adults, the convenience of two bathrooms, and the added privacy of the second bedroom are important. Although the SB is larger, there is very little privacy offered by the heavy drape that closes off the bedroom from the living room. Also, four adults sharing the single bathroom is just plain difficult, particularly when everyone is trying to shower and get ready all at the same time. The SB is laid out perfectly if it's two adults and two children, but not so great for four adults. ;)

We've sailed in both, and would definitely recommend the SC. If there are four adults, the convenience of two bathrooms, and the added privacy of the second bedroom are important. Although the SB is larger, there is very little privacy offered by the heavy drape that closes off the bedroom from the living room. Also, four adults sharing the single bathroom is just plain difficult, particularly when everyone is trying to shower and get ready all at the same time. The SB is laid out perfectly if it's two adults and two children, but not so great for four adults. ;)

I agree with WaldosPepper. The 2 bedroom with second bath is much better for 4 adults. Though my opinion is that, if the cost of the cabin is being shared between the two couples, the second couple should have a seriously prorated cost because the second bedroom is tiny and cramped, the closet space is almost non-existent, the bathroom is smaller than the bath in a minisuite or balcony cabin, and the bed is only a double and is as hard as a rock! Whereas, the master bedroom has a full queen, large closet space with dressing area and large bath. If I got stuck with the second bedroom and paid as much as the other couple I'd be p1$$ed!! :mad: It could ruin not only a vacation but a friendship as well.

The SB Owner's Suite on the Dawn would also depend on whether you got one on Deck 9 or 10 because they are slightly different, from what I've been told. Regardless of which deck it would be difficult to share with four adults because the accommodations for the second couple would be even more scant. The second bath only has a small basin big enough (barely) to wash your hands and a toilet. There are no cabinets, storage and certainly no shower. All four adults would be using the same shower which is accessed through the master bedroom, which has a luxurious king size bed and lots of room. The second couple would be sleeping in the living room on a pullout. Then there is the issue of the side balcony. I don't know about the Dawn class ships, but with the Jewel class (which has practically the same Owner's Suites as the Dawn class) the side balcony has a window that looks into the bathroom. :eek: You have to be very sure no one is on the balcony unless you want to give them a show.

I agree with WaldosPepper. The 2 bedroom with second bath is much better for 4 adults. Though my opinion is that, if the cost of the cabin is being shared between the two couples, the second couple should have a seriously prorated cost because the second bedroom is tiny and cramped, the closet space is almost non-existent, the bathroom is smaller than the bath in a minisuite or balcony cabin, and the bed is only a double and is as hard as a rock! Whereas, the master bedroom has a full queen, large closet space with dressing area and large bath. If I got stuck with the second bedroom and paid as much as the other couple I'd be p1$$ed!! :mad: It could ruin not only a vacation but a friendship as well.

I have an S4 (2 bedroom Breakaway Haven 12 nighter) booked and we all agreed to rotate bedrooms, everyone gets 4 nights in each bedroom. As far as closet space goes none of us care if we are in & out of each others "space" so that is not an issue. Its great when you travel with easy-going people.

SC.

There is actually a door and drape on the Dawn between the main bedroom and living room in the SB. However, as others have said, you have to share the main bathroom. The newer sofas are fairly large but there really isn't enough privacy. There is also a shade that pulls down from the bathroom window that overlooks the side balcony.

You could also consider the DOS on 12 - the center two rooms although there is no balcony.

Archived