Anyone else wake up too early on embarkation day?

Does anyone else have same problem as me of waking up to early on the morning of leaving for their cruise?

The earliest I need to be awake is 7:30, but I awoke at 5:00 and at around 6:00 I gave up on getting more sleep. Just too excited and ready to start my exploration of Freedom.

Does anyone else have same problem as me of waking up to early on the morning of leaving for their cruise?

The earliest I need to be awake is 7:30, but I awoke at 5:00 and at around 6:00 I gave up on getting more sleep. Just too excited and ready to start my exploration of Freedom.

You mean you sleep the night before a cruise??? I envy you!

Happens to me all the time!! Enjoy your cruise & Happy Birthday!!:):)

Always! I've already been up for almost 2 hours!:eek:

Always!! Only exception is when I'm doing a B2B. How nice not to have to worry about getting packed up and off the ship (except for a few minutes). Have a great cruise:)

Just like little kids the night before Christmas :D. I am an early riser by nature and occupation (have to be in the office at 6 am). I find on cruise day I wake up several times during the evening and check all of the 3 or 4 alarms I have set. Yup paranoia combined with anticipation it is! :D

We are driving to port this upcoming cruise but I will probably not change at all.

Yup...been on a bunch of cruises & it never get's old...when I drive to the port I always plan on leaving at a certain time...never fails..I leave at least an hour earlier...oh well...never hurts to have a little cushion of travel time...8 more months & I will be on Freedom for the 1st time!:D

Of course! The worst for me was when we had a top floor balcony at the Embassy Suites that had a perfect view of the port. I knew that when I woke up that I'd be able to see the Allure! I bet that I only got 3-4 hours of sleep that night! :)

I think this happen to everone who loves to cruise.I'm up trying to make sure i packed everthing we will need.When i look at the clock it's four or five AM.At that point i could not sleep if i wanted to.As someone said on this thread,the frist night on the ship i make up for lost sleep.I have to wait till 1/21/14 for our next cruise on the Explorer. :) Everyone have a great cruise.:)

DW and I had every intention of sleeping till 8:30 AM at the hotel. Followed by having a nice long breakfast down in the dinning room. Then, taking a relaxing shower in our room. Followed by being in the lobby at 1030 for the shuttle to the POM.

What really happened was, we got up at 7 AM eat and quickly eat our breakfast. Showered, dressed and downstairs by 9 AM. Two excited 35 year old children thrilled to be going on another cruise.

Archived