Allure 4/14 LIVE boarding thread - you and the sequester

Thanks everyone for the well wishes!

Amazingly- it's 2 pm and all the bags are here- even our little orphan!

Quickest boarding yet- beautiful sunny day- she looks great, staff is smiling and friendly! More when we get home!

Thanks for posting your minute by minute boarding. Hope RCCL maintains their efficient procedure.

And thanks for sharing your GOOD KARMA story. It's wonderful!

Waiting for more stories after you get home. Meantime, ENJOY YOUR CRUISE!

Our friends arrived at 11;30 as we were getting ready to board. They sailed through the process as well. No big delays.

Our luggage was at our room shortly after 1 pm.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Just off the Allure 4/7 sailing. We arrived at the port at 11:15 and were on the ship by 11:30. No one was waiting in any area for their status to be called. We just walked right on.

Yesterday, we disembarked by express departure at 7am and was in a cab by 7:15. Easy. Easy.

Moral of the story? Don't wait until 9 to get off the ship if you don't want to wait.

The Allure rocks!!

Let's let this thread go, the "sequester" is a political game we don't need on a cruise thread.......:rolleyes:

It may be a political game, but it is one that could have a real impact on cruise planning. For example: should I arrive a little later? Should I schedule a later flight home? To make arrival and departure as stress free as possible, these narratives are very important to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk, please excuse all the typos.

Let's let this thread go, the "sequester" is a political game we don't need on a cruise thread.......:rolleyes:

Considering we are getting emails about the possible delays in our boarding times, I for one, am VERY interested if the boarding times are affected. Especially since I leave on Allure in a week. I would actually like if someone who boards today can give a quick response on today's times.

Thank you for the thread. I think it's a good idea.

First off- its not political - it's a thread about boarding and debarking Allure! Glad it's been helpful!
Here is the tale of disembarkation:
8:15 we headed out after bfast
8:20 we had "bonged out" and were looking for luggage. This took longer than usual since our bags were not at the proper number, but instead at the " lost luggage area " for no reason we could see- tags with # were on both bags. Maybe it was because Randy wasn't there to save them!;)
8:30 Still we were through customs
8:38 we were at the cab stand
8:50 we were at the airport.
Wow! 35 minutes from lounge to airport. I think things are moving just fine in Port Everglades.
Good luck to the future cruisers- fear not the sequester;):D

In the next few days I will review Allure and our time on her.

And as a shameless plug, I'm planning a review as well. More topical in nature, as opposed to a day by day review. I am also aiming my comments towards first time cruisers and first time Allure cruisers. Since I was both.

[quote name='Familygoboston']First off- its not political - it's a thread about boarding and debarking Allure! Glad it's been helpful!
Here is the tale of disembarkation:
8:15 we headed out after bfast
8:20 we had "bonged out" and were looking for luggage. This took longer than usual since our bags were not at the proper number, but instead at the " lost luggage area " for no reason we could see- tags with # were on both bags. Maybe it was because Randy wasn't there to save them!;)
8:30 Still we were through customs
8:38 we were at the cab stand
8:50 we were at the airport.
Wow! 35 minutes from lounge to airport. I think things are moving just fine in Port Everglades.
Good luck to the future cruisers- fear not the sequester;):D

In the next few days I will review Allure and our time on her.[/QUOTE]

Thanks, your information was very helpful. Looking forward to reading your review. We cruise on her in 3 weeks. :)

[quote name='Sunny AZ Girl']Thank you both for the updates. We are on the Allure next week. I hope we can see some of your reviews before we leave.:)[/QUOTE]
Oh I'm sure I won't be done by then:( DH takes at least a week to "perfect" his photos:p. I will likely do a day by day, I did take food photos and menu photos, but I missed two nights in the MDR, so it won't be complete. We didn't do specialties other than Giovannnis for lunch and vintages. I will post the Compasses and other useful ephemera. But we are still in FLL today, so I need to get home and through the pile of laundry first!
[quote name='windjamming']Yay, looking forward to a Familygoboston review! I love your humor and attention to detail.

Hope your family and friends weren't affected by last week's marathon tragedy. :([/QUOTE]
Thank you! We were blessed that our family members who run were not this year. Some friends who live in the affected towns, but they laid low and everyone is safe! Part of my review will deal with the very strange emotions of having this happen while you are away. Fully 1/3 of this ship seemed to be people from MA ( our spring break week) and all of us had similar concerns! I will say when I turned in my diamond coupons for Internet and mentioned why; the GS rep immediately offered me a free phone call. That was very kind. We elected to check email and FB first and had we had an emergency we would have then called. Did not want to tie up the phones for folks who may have had F or F affected.

Archived