Queen Elizabeth

buffery

Has anyone stayed in cabin no. 8093 or 8125 on Queen Elizabeth?

Is the balcony shaded by the overhang from the deck above?Thanks for

any replies.

Gosh - nobody answered your question after three days! Maybe we have a situation where none of the membership have occupied either of those cabins. I certainly haven't been in one myself but I've been having a look at some of my photos of QE and QV and it certainly looks to me as though the overhang of 9 deck is larger over those corner balconies; so, yes, I would guess the balcony would be shaded to some extent. I'm not sure whether you would look on that as a good thing or a bad thing. What's your itinerary?

J

I had a similar situation on Queen Mary 2 in which the Deck 12 overhang shaded my Deck 11 balcony.

Looking at the deck plans for QE, I suspect that this is a possibility.

I'd be even more concerned about the noise from the Lido and various recreational areas above.

It's your holiday, and I am sure you are paying dearly for it. Take the bull by its horns.

Has anyone stayed in cabin no. 8093 or 8125 on Queen Elizabeth?

Is the balcony shaded by the overhang from the deck above?Thanks for

any replies.

Sorry I am being computer impaired again - I can't work out how to insert a photo.

Anyway this photo , if you click on the link, shows our cabins 8033 and 8039. They are quite a way from where you are thinking of being, but probably will have a similar overhang. So there is an overhang, but it was not a problem. Nor was noise from deck 9, our only problem was the vent above our cabins which was noisy when we were on deck.

QE is a beautiful ship - we have had great holidays on her:)

I was in 8058 for the maiden transatlantic during January 2011. And of course that was the sunny side of the ship, and we had no problems with the overhang. The deck stewards dragging the furniture across the deck above in the mornings was a bit annoying though. I can't say enough good about the Britannia Club Restaurant; on both the QE and QM2, it's a wonderful dining experience.

Having been in 8088, I can confirm that 8093 will not be affected by the overhang. 8125 is more likely to be impaired, but I can't be certain. There certainly will be noise from the Lido in 8093, especially early in the morning. If you are a light sleeper, this could be a problem.

Anyway this photo , if you click on the link, shows our cabins 8033 and 8039. They are quite a way from where you are thinking of being, but probably will have a similar overhang. So there is an overhang, but it was not a problem. Nor was noise from deck 9, our only problem was the vent above our cabins which was noisy when we were on deck.

QE is a beautiful ship - we have had great holidays on her:)

I must confess that vent is NOT a pretty sight and whatever condensation

is blown out from it, then will some of it be blown onto a balcony and maybe the unfortunate sun worshipper\sightseer??

We had 8079 in PG on QE and there was no overhang.

However, it was on the walkway between the garden lounge and the lido where there was no carpeting, so we could hear the trolleys being wheeled and bumped along in the early morning. It was annoying. If I had a choice, I would not go for Deck 8 again, but if it's a getaway fare and you are allocated that deck, then just take earplugs and accept your fate.

I do not understand why they put Britannia Club up there as you pay more to get the sound of scraping chairs above you. Not Cunard's best idea.

Archived