Does this ship make my aft look big?

scomar

Typically when we cruise we end up gaining a little weight (3 to 5 lbs). Although on our last cruise I gain none and my wife lost a pound, the food was not the best we have had on a cruise. Do you have weight gain after a cruise? Do you notice if you gain more weight on certain cruise lines compared to others? I always find myself trying to lose some weight right before the cruise so I don't feel as guilty when I pig out on the cruise. This is our first RCCL cruise so it will be interesting how much we will gain/lose on this one. I hoping I will gain, meaning there will be great food on board:D

Thanks for making our cruise better!

Scomar

I don't usually gain and what I do gain I lose within a couple of days.

There is plenty of food all over the ship and of course you can eat as

much or as little as you wish.

We take the stairs most of the time and that helps burn some calories.

Sometimes I think it is the alcohol that sneaks up on most of us. Especially the fruity drinks that have lots of calories.

You will enjoy RC. It is a great cruise line.

Have not been on RCI yet but we usually gain a couple of lbs on the cruise but within a few days it is gone. Usually it is because the food is so salty and that retains water. We also work out quite a bit in every day life but when we are on vacation, we don't. I'll be interested to see how we do on the Oasis. I'm sure we will gain but oh well!

As A guy im programmed to say, no your aft doesnt look big:o

But ladies if you have to ask, you must know the true answer:p

We usually put on 5 lbs in 7 days due to all the salt and sugar intake we control at home

Can't recall gaining weight on the first two cruises. Last cruise out of Barcelona we had five ports, did a TON of walking everywhere for our tours. Ate gelato at least once a day while at port too :D While on the ship we tended to use the stairs whenever we only have two or three flights to go up, and almost always used when going down.

We also didn't drink more than one glass of wine at dinner and one cocktail after dinner. We didn't lose any weight, but didn't gain any either. We'll do the same thing in a month, hoping the method we used last time works again, even if we only have four port days for our upcoming 7-night Mediterranean out of Rome.

Depending on how soon before the cruise you lose weight, you'll probably put it back on quickly. You need about 3 to 6 weeks to stabilize your system to a new weight (yeah...I diet a lot).

As for me... about a pound a day in the Caribbean, however I control that better on longer cruises. In Europe we spend more time walking in port and more time off the ship. We tend to be more tired and drink less as European itineraries are so much more "port intensive." In the Caribbean it's "party, party, party" so it's more weight. But it does seem to come off a bit faster as it seems more alcohol and salt induced.

I walk up and down decks, try to get to the gym, an try to drink more water. But then the Diamond Happy Hour approaches, the wine at dinner appears, and the Vanilla White Russians in the Schooner Bar happen.... Oh well...it's a cruise.... enjoy the week and pay for it later.

Love the title of your thread!

We almost always take the stairs on the ship to get that little bit more exercise but I tend to gain about 5 to 6 lbs. I'm still trying to lose 5 lbs I gained on a cruise last month :(

We cruise for 36 nights in October so I am putting together a plan to lose weight before I cruise.

I usually gain 2-3 kg, but lose it quite quickly.

On the ship, I eat a lot.

I drink a lot. On land, I hardly drink - average 2 beers a week maybe. On the cruise, I take 3-4 beers/wine per day.

However, I also try very hard to increase my calorie output during the cruise. The key is to walk, walk and walk some more. Walking is a great way to burn off the calories.

In earlier cruises, I also hit the gym threadmill. However, on the Legend, I did not use the threadmills because they were all facing inwards towards mirrors. I can't run facing a mirror.

I carry a Pedometer. Aim for at least 15,000 steps. Just keep walking all over the ship. Keep active.

Archived