Please tell me why I punish myself like this?

Rockee4055

I'm sitting here with my iPad watching the port cams at Port Everglades.

The Freedom is sitting there just waiting to push off and I don't know how I will ever make it through another 6 - 7 weeks until our departure.

It's almost depressing to watch them all float down the channel without me!

The Freedom is sitting there just waiting to push off and I don't know how I will ever make it through another 6 - 7 weeks until our departure.

I have heard this said a few different ways !!! But Basicly said BEST PART OF GOING ON A CRUISE IS WAITING ON A CRUISE!!!! I booked 290??? something days out and I leave next sat. I did it so can you lol lol lol lol lol!!!!

Apparently, in my quest to torture myself further, I scheduled a cruise 8 weeks after my dog is due to have puppies. Luckily, I have more homes than I will puppies, so all are spoken for-and they wont even be born till this week. However, I will be up all night and all day once they deliver assisting big momma-which means more hours on cruise critic, watching port cams, writing packing lists, packing and repacking etcetcetc. Luckily, most of the pre-cruise shopping is done.:D

"more hours on cruise critic, watching port cams, writing packing lists, packing and repacking etcetcetc."

so I'm not the only one that does this?? whew... thought I was in need of some therapy...:rolleyes:

bon voyage, yall!

"more hours on cruise critic, watching port cams, writing packing lists, packing and repacking etcetcetc."

so I'm not the only one that does this?? whew... thought I was in need of some therapy...:rolleyes:

bon voyage, yall!

Oh heck no, watch the darn port cams every weekend, read cruise critic all the time, check out the perfect bags to bring, have packing lists saved on the computer, and I haven't even been on one cruise yet...:eek:

I think it is my therapy :p

Two weeks and I'm already packed. Listening to the Miracle's Muster Drill horn from my condo, where I can watch it and the Inspiration come and go! Tomorrow I see Inspiration come and go 4x, then I can board!

I wish I could sleep the time away, fasting off 17 lbs!

I searched and searched yesterday and could not find a port cam that would work in Tampa!! :mad::eek:

When I sailed the Dream, I had 2 or 3 I watched. I could see her leave the port then on another as she passed by the beach. What a beautiful sight.

Thank You Sunflower!

Your welcome :)

Here is today's cruise line up. Each port has their own Facebook page as well which gives you the times on the days there are sailings.

KW | CARNIVAL FREEDOM | 17:00

PE | ISLAND PRINCESS | 16:00

PE | CELEBRITY EQUINOX |16:30

PM | CARNIVAL IMAGINATION | 16:00

PM | CARNIVAL VICTORY | 16:00

PM | MAJESTY OF THE SEAS | 16:30

PM | NORWEGIAN SKY| 17:00

PM | CELEBRITY CONSTELLATION | TBD

Not sure how much it would help, but see if you can get someone play "Battleship" with you. Not exactly cruise related, but sort of related to being on the ocean. You could pretend you and your opponent are competing cruise lines (ex. Carnival vs. Royal Caribbean).:D

Just remember. Better 6 weeks before the cruise than 6 weeks after.

Anticipation is fun!

I think this is true! I want my sail date to get here, but I don't want my cruise to be over - I just want to be ON it!

Sitting on my balcony - DOD in hand looking forward to 4 sea days and 3 ports and trying to decide what I'm going to eat - that's where I want to be.

Not sure how much it would help, but see if you can get someone play "Battleship" with you. Not exactly cruise related, but sort of related to being on the ocean. You could pretend you and your opponent are competing cruise lines (ex. Carnival vs. Royal Caribbean).:D

Sounds like fun!! :)

These aren't port cams but they are my bi-weekly beach-fix webcams when I am awaiting our next cruise:

http://www.soggydollar.com/webcam.aspx

even has an option for "turning waves on"... yes, PLEASE!

http://www.locogringo.com/Upload/akumal-beach-cam.html?CFID=26204713&CFTOKEN=a33723ea2d16cdb1-15801639-D9D5-7C40-8D0AE6FAC6B6340C

http://www.webcamgalore.com/EN/webcam/Panama/Panama-Canal/1272.html

we had the awesome adventure of cruising all the way thru all six locks of the canal a few years ago! love to go to this one to relive it... also has lots of Caribbean webcams at bottom of page.....

Happy Camming, Y'all!! :p

• 2 weeks later...

Archived