has anyone taken the Day Trip to Nevis with Lunch excursion thru RCCL?

scomar

If you have taken the Day Trip to Nevis with Lunch through RCCL, can you tell me how long is the driving around the island part and how much time do you get at the beach for lunch and beach chair?

Thanks for making our cruise better!

Scomar

the only advice i have for you is DON"T DO IT!!!!!! Hands down the worst excursion we have ever been on. First of all, the catamaran was very crowded. When we got into the water to snorkel, we might have been in the water for 20 minutes and another boat came along so they then rushed us to finish up. It was so crowded in the water I likened it to snorkeling in a rush hour train!! Of course if we only knew that was actually the hilight of the day! The lunch was school cafeteria fare at best, fly infested buffet at worse. You then had about 30 minutes on the beach before heading back. The only thing i will say about the trip back is that one gentlemen should have been cut off from the rum punch!!! the grand finale of this lackluster day was watching good time charlie toss his cookies lunch all the way back!! You could do soo much better on your own. We always make the best of every situation and a day of vacation is always better than a day at work!!

When we were in St. Kitts a few weeks ago we took a cab to South Friars Bay to Carambola Beach Club. Cabs are very dependable and regulated - $4 pp each way - about 10-15 minutes from the pier. Entrance to beach and facilities use is free, and they rent chairs, umbrellas, etc., and have a restaurant and bar. It is a newer facility with clean rest rooms and showers. You can also walk down the beach to the Monkey Bar as a less expensive alternative for lunch and to see the drunken monkeys. Google it and you will find a lot of good info.

When we were in St. Kitts a few weeks ago we took a cab to South Friars Bay to Carambola Beach Club. Cabs are very dependable and regulated - $4 pp each way - about 10-15 minutes from the pier. Entrance to beach and facilities use is free, and they rent chairs, umbrellas, etc., and have a restaurant and bar. It is a newer facility with clean rest rooms and showers. You can also walk down the beach to the Monkey Bar as a less expensive alternative for lunch and to see the drunken monkeys. Google it and you will find a lot of good info.

We're taxis available for return to port or did you need to prearrange?

We're taxis available for return to port or did you need to prearrange?

Our driver returned at a pre-arranged time, but I believe taxis can be arranged at the service desk there. It will not be a problem to get back - our driver arrived early and came looking for us to let us know he was there.

You may have better success with this on the Ports of Call / Caribbean / St. Kitts board. Or maybe on the Roll Call for your cruise.

Well I put it on here because I want to know specifically what the RCCL excursion is like, but thanks for the tip.

the only advice i have for you is DON"T DO IT!!!!!! Hands down the worst excursion we have ever been on. First of all, the catamaran was very crowded. When we got into the water to snorkel, we might have been in the water for 20 minutes and another boat came along so they then rushed us to finish up. It was so crowded in the water I likened it to snorkeling in a rush hour train!! Of course if we only knew that was actually the hilight of the day! The lunch was school cafeteria fare at best, fly infested buffet at worse. You then had about 30 minutes on the beach before heading back. The only thing i will say about the trip back is that one gentlemen should have been cut off from the rum punch!!! the grand finale of this lackluster day was watching good time charlie toss his cookies lunch all the way back!! You could do soo much better on your own. We always make the best of every situation and a day of vacation is always better than a day at work!!

Thanks for you input. I was kinda thinking it may be that kind of excursion. We have been to St. Kitts before but want to see Nevis specifically this trip. I know we can take the public ferry but I would rather not use it if I don't have to. Sounds like the ferry would be like the catamaran trip you just described from what I have heard minus the drinking. Thinking maybe getting a water taxi at the Reggae Bar, but not sure how easy it is to get one back to St. Kitts. I will figure something out.

If you have taken the Day Trip to Nevis with Lunch through RCCL, can you tell me how long is the driving around the island part and how much time do you get at the beach for lunch and beach chair?

Thanks for making our cruise better!

Scomar

We did Nevis day tour in January from Vision of the Seas 10 day cruise.

We had been to St Kitts several times so we wanted to see Nevis.

It was the best tour we have taken in a long time. Had no issues.

Seas were a foot or so and blue sky...perfect day for a boat ride over.

The open air tour bus was similar to some we've used in St Thomas.

The Bath Hot Springs were that, hot geothermal water. Montpelier resort

was awesome.

After a few hour tour around the volcano..we had lunch at Lime Bar.

It was usual island lunch, salad, grilled chicken, beans and rice...or

fish filet. We had just over an hour there..you could sit at beach bar

and toss a few more down while looking accross 2 miles to St Kitts.

We've done way too much diving and snorkeling in Florida and prefer

sightseeing tours and not diving.

Unlike previous post...we will go back again...friendly people, beautiful

island...and we had perfect weather which no doubt helps because

nobody got 'overserved' or sick on our tour.

:cool::cool:

We did Nevis day tour in January from Vision of the Seas 10 day cruise.

We had been to St Kitts several times so we wanted to see Nevis.

It was the best tour we have taken in a long time. Had no issues.

Seas were a foot or so and blue sky...perfect day for a boat ride over.

The open air tour bus was similar to some we've used in St Thomas.

The Bath Hot Springs were that, hot geothermal water. Montpelier resort

was awesome.

After a few hour tour around the volcano..we had lunch at Lime Bar.

It was usual island lunch, salad, grilled chicken, beans and rice...or

fish filet. We had just over an hour there..you could sit at beach bar

and toss a few more down while looking accross 2 miles to St Kitts.

We've done way too much diving and snorkeling in Florida and prefer

sightseeing tours and not diving.

Unlike previous post...we will go back again...friendly people, beautiful

island...and we had perfect weather which no doubt helps because

nobody got 'overserved' or sick on our tour.

:cool::cool:

Wow your tour sounds great - wish I was on that one!!! There is always next trip!!

Marie

We did the same tour in February from ExOS and it was a disaster:eek:. The tour was almost an hour late leaving, was in an open boat and it was raining so most of us got soaked before we even hit Nevis. We were then loaded into small vans that take about 10 people each for the driving tour - the driver did not provide much information and did not really want to stop to take pictures either. When we did get to the places that we were supposed to stop (Rock Hall and some other plantation that Princess Di stayed at) he basically said 'here you go - be back in xx minutes' no information. The bar at the beach (Limes) was very good - good food, drink and music. Because of the time that we had there and the fact that it kept raining on and off, we chose to sit in the bar rather than go to the beach, but it did look nice (other than glass in the sand). We then headed back to the ship, but the boat we were on had engine problems and it took forever to get back (remember it's at leave 45 minutes to Nevis from St. Kitts). There were about 40 of us on the boat. As soon as we docked in St. Kitts we high tailed it back to ExOS (cause at this point we were about 15 minutes behind all aboard time). Once the last person in the group boarded they pulled in the gangway and took off:eek:!

We later found out that the excursion had been overbooked and that the lucky 40 of us were the overflow, so we didn't get the normal boat, the normal drivers or the normal tour. This was discovered when five of us went to GS and complained and got a 50% refund on the excursion.

I have never been so glad that I had booked an excursion through the cruise line:D

Archived